Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• dannashivley
    Options
    Hello! I'm 54 and need to lose some of this gut while at the same time add some muscle. Up until my mid 30's I was one of those people that could eat anything she wanted and not gain an ounce. Well, between menopause and the cessation of a 30 year-old smoking habit, I really packed on some extra pounds. Even though I lost a lot of it, some of it is creeping back. I need a lifestyle change!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    46, about 25 more to go.
  • 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'm 53. Only need to lose about 15-20 lbs but it's easier said than done!
  • RockyDon
    RockyDon Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello 49 here .. Feel free to add me
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me. 52 and determined to move through the rest of my life as free from pain and illness as possible (and maybe as fabulous and hot to boot LOL).
  • debstermorton
    debstermorton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and have lost 14 lbs. using this program. It works!
  • newsexywife
    Options
    43 here and need to lose over a 100 lbs. Need friends to motivate. Add me please
  • workitgirlnow
    Options
    me ..I will be 50 this year ... trying to build strength and lose 15 lbs.. need support:))
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Me. 52 and determined to move through the rest of my life as free from pain and illness as possible (and maybe as fabulous and hot to boot LOL).

Wow, can I please steal (borrow!) this phrase to describe my (51 year old) goals/intentions???????? Thanks in advance!

Brooke from Colorado
  • swoods516
    swoods516 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. I think I want to lose about 50. Won't know till I get there. It's been too many years. Feel free to add me.
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    I'm 49...and would like to lose 55lbs....
  • Tubesox1969
    Tubesox1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and could use the encouragement as well.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    48 have lost 80lbs before joining MFP I need to lose about 40 now. You can add me.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty-one. I Lost my weight and now i'm just maintaining my healthy lifestyle.
  • darwes4
    Options
    Hello, yes I am 45 and desperately trying to lose at least 30lbs as fast as possible while still being healthy! how did you do it?! please help!! my name is Laura and my user name is darwes4 and I would love to know how you were able to :bigsmile: this very difficult feat!?:bigsmile:
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty-one. I Lost my weight and now i'm just maintaining my healthy lifestyle.

Questions: How long did it take? What was your food regimen? What was your exercise routine?

Congrats on achieving/maintaining!!!
  • LdyPsych
    LdyPsych Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Brooke - sure, would be glad for you to :happy:

Btw, we have a lot in common, fab clothes we will mss, gave up smoking (me 2 years ago) and a dog lover!
  • janetjeaux
    janetjeaux Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and trying my best to live healthier and happier.
  • Tmoore1222
    Tmoore1222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I am 52
  • Tmoore1222
    Tmoore1222 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am trying to loose 30 pounds also as soon as possible.