Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    47 years young and full of get up and go, are we just comparing ages ????
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 42 and just started a week ago. Hoping this will help me keep on track. My goal is 25lbs :)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    It will if your willing to put the work in I was allways a lazy dieter but I have lost 10lbs so far
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good Moring. I'm a 57 yo Health Professional - new to the Myfitnesspal site. My son turned me on to this site as a tool to assist me in getting healthy.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    42. I've been at this for 10 months now. 70 lbs gone.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i am 47
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I just turned 59 and have been slowly losing. I'd like to get down to 150-175. Got to keep up with those grandbabies!
  • Paouline
    Paouline Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm fifty five and will loose weight. I'm determined to succeed. I've been on the sight for one week and one day so still very new, but keep trying. I've lost two pounds so far, not bad considering I work at a desk all day. :-). How is everyone else doing?
  • pheasant5
    pheasant5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello... 43... but I don't feel like it.
  • Paouline
    Paouline Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    Options
    I love MFP and my friends they are awesome, including the odd cheeky one lol x
  • annablue2
    annablue2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    will 60 d0?
  • papadon78
    papadon78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 49. I'm loving MFP.
  • Ayesha72
    Ayesha72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 as of January... I am sick to know that I spent all of my 30's overweight... I refuse to go another year without doing something about this weight.. I wish all of you the best of luck!
  • traylor5
    traylor5 Posts: 6
    Options
    46 Here needing someone to keep me honest and in line!
  • PatIreland
    Options
    47 here ... and life just keeps getting better.

I'm here to learn how to lose weight safely. As a recovered anorexic, I know how to do it the crazy and dangerous way (eat one meal per week, the rest of the days get a calorie allowance of 150 cal/day -- which is NOT recommended! Apparently that kind of starvation dieting did more harm to my body than my pack-and-a-half smoking habit did.... :embarassed: ... not to mention the fact that it also left me looking like a Tinkertoy...)

I had maintained a healthy weight for the past few years but since I quit smoking last summer :bigsmile: I now need to get rid of the "ex-smoker's blubber"... preferably without going into a relapse of my anorexia. Two weeks, 4 pounds, 3 meals per day .... so far so good.
  • peggysbo
    peggysbo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi...41!!!
  • angel_bear60
    angel_bear60 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and need to lose weight and get healthy. It's harder to do as we age, but I'm determined to lose it this time.
  • bevjo0412
    bevjo0412 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 46.
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and would love to have more friends in this area. I have been married 28 years, have 2 children (23 and 18) and have lost 60ish lbs. Anyone feel free to add me as well.

Angie