Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• carlaraeheard
    carlaraeheard Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi, I just turned 54 in February. I still have a lot of weight to lose. I joined MFP last year sometime. I'm finally ready for change because of chronic knee pain. :heart:
  • scoobysue2000
    scoobysue2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just turned 46 - I hit 80kgs mid November (in my pic) and knew it had to stop. Done a lifestyle change (not dieting, but just being more careful + walking alot more). Lost 9.5kg's so far, just want to drop off 2 more and I'll be happy! I know I wasn't fat (I'm 172cm), but could feel my health suffering. Now I feel a good 6-8 years younger!
  • AlisaEdge
    Options
    46 and finding it very hard o lose 10 pounds
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    53 and maintaining weight for now.
  • nivekeh
    nivekeh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Going to be 49 this year. Want to see if I can get down to my mid 20s weight and stay there.
    The site has been great for forcing me to think about what and how much I eat and drink. I've come to learn that staying motivated is hard to do alone. It's really a team effort. We all need friends and family to keep us on the right track.
  • TooMuchWeightOnMe
    TooMuchWeightOnMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 and I am new only been a week,but I am truely excited..NO TURNING BACK.
  • Shalene40
    Options
    Hello....I'm turning 40 in June! :-)
  • atwguitar
    Options
    Turn 40 in April, married, have a 2 year old, work part time and go to nursing school. if this works out it will be a miracle! :glasses:
    ..oh and I play in a rock band
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 42. I have lost 24 lbs so far but only 12 lbs since starting MFP. I stay continually logged in here and track all my food and drinks. I am only walking treadmill right now and a small amount of cardio. Watching my portions and calories have made it very helpful for me. Add me if you like.
    Have a great day !
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    43 next Sunday, happy to hear from anyone similar age with similar goals.
  • Mariatherp
    Mariatherp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    41 here!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    47 14lb lighter and very proud xxx
  • SpunkySue0611
    Options
    Hey! Just joined today. I'll be 46 in April. It's nice to see all of us 'middle aged' peeps out there getting our fitness on!
  • dmcruz08
    dmcruz08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am 41, turning 42 in the fall...have gained some weight and very frustrated that it does not want to leave! Weight Watchers worked for me in the past, but I am not a fan of the new system and just quit. I am new to this site and though I am frustrated, I hope to learn tools from others to help me get this unwanted weight off! Looking forward to some helpful tips! :smile:
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in June and I need to lose 50lbs. I quit smoking 2 months ago and I am working on being healthier for my next 50 years!
  • FollyTime
    Options
    Hi - I'm 46 and just started MFP this week. Have been doing well with exercise for several months, but not losing anything, so decided to start tracking my calories. Did pretty well all week, but am nervous about going into the weekend!
  • sondiewilliams
    Options
    Just turned 40 in January, started this journey 2 weeks ago...havent felt this good in at least 3-4 yrs. Best decision i have every made, the day i commited to a lifestyle change:) Could not be happier! MFP ROCKS!
  • evelynshannon1
    Options
    I am 48
  • evelynshannon1
    Options
    Hi there, I think it is really hard to lose weight. I have been tracking for almost 5 weeks and lost 3 lbs.
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    51.....but I don't feel it :laugh: