Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 48 and going thru perimenopause myself..... which only makes it harder to lose the weight. I've got about 40 + pounds to lose and have used mfp before with a lot of success. Please add me as a friend and we can support each other! Good luck!
  • drenz777
    drenz777 Posts: 1
    Options
    43 will be 44 in a few weeks.
    ~ Doug
  • sooloo66
    sooloo66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Coming up on 47 and looking for more friends to stay motivated and inspired. Add me if you'd like. Thanks!
  • loseitallformenow
    loseitallformenow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 50 this year and new. I am looking to join others that post and encourage or need encouragement. I love all the tools this site offers.
  • tlbohnert
    tlbohnert Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and going thru menopause. It is harder than ever to lose weight for me.
    Hoping to use this site for encouragement and some good tips along the way.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 July 26th and still have about 125 pounds to lose. It sure is going slow this time around.
  • AlaskaSusan
    AlaskaSusan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 (going on 42 haha) and it's no picnic...but better than the alternative!!
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm 49. In Sept I will begin my eternal age of 49, unless of course I meet all my goals by then - and I'll proudly proclaim my 50th.
  • cstevens1968
    Options
    Turned 45 in Jan. Started this on Jan 2, 2013. I have lost 29 pounds. Have gone from a tight 20 to a 16. Ate crazy at Easter, and now looking for some motivation to keep going after the holiday. Gotta keep pushing on!
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just joined today. I'll be 46 in April. It's nice to see all of us 'middle aged' peeps out there getting our fitness on!

47 and I wouldn't say I was middle aged in fact. Think I'm damn good for my age
  • SunnyBaby70
    Options
    Hey There,

I will be 43 next month...new member, but I'm here. You can add me! Thanks!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    42 here.
  • annaclee2003
    Options
    hello... I am 56. Looking to lose at least 50 lbs. by year end
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you did add in 50's, so I'm here on 56 and need to lose the weight and enjoy life more :smile:
  • Target89
    Target89 Posts: 1
    Options
    53 next month, trying to lose about 12 kg, bloody hard. had a health check today, blood pressure very high all though I felt. Its a hiiden danger -Frank
  • welladapted
    Options
    Hi, I am 43 and I find it harder to keep the weight off but with MFP, I have lost 3lbs in one week. I think the key is eat less and move more. Plus one thing I found that was hindering me from losing weight was the lack of vitamin D. You may want to get your vitamin D levels checked. :smile:
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, and in the best shape of my life. I found excercise to be the secret to staying flexible and not being the "older lady in sensible shoes tottering to the elevator". It's critical in my opinion ot keep moving or you'll stop moving! Weight loss is so much harder though! In my 30s I would skip a few meals and lose 5 lbs. Now i've worked my butt off for months, watched my calories for about 2 weeks an lost 5.

I do know that it is possible to look better tomorrow than I do today, even getting older, as long as I eat right, excercise and keep slimming down. People I have not seen in a few months are like "WOW" what are you doing - you look great!" My answer is excercise and fresh whole food. And I'm not stopping now, or when I hit my weight goal! Otherwise get the "Jazzy" right now, and pre-order some house coats...
  • grandmastime
    grandmastime Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 46 will be 47 in august. I find that the hormone levels can be a real issue. I started taking vitamin supplements two weeks ago and added a fiber supplement. I have more engery now and my lower pooch is going away. yeah.
  • gwendolyndyer1
    gwendolyndyer1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in September and my goal is 30 by 40 (30lbs by age 40)..I am finding it harder than I thought.. if anyone want to add me all friends and encouragement are appreciated!
  • DennyHodge
    DennyHodge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and started getting back into shape before I turned 38. Lost over 50 pounds and am in better shape now then when I was a 22 year old Marine.