Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• purplelishus
    purplelishus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    42 in June.
  • teampen3
    teampen3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes!! 42 in November
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am 50....shhhh....

It is harder to lose weight than ever. I totally agree.

feel free to add me.
  • vwillan
    vwillan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 50+ and it is a constant battle. Can't seem to get rid of the "pooch". Ish.
  • mtbaker64
    mtbaker64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 48. It seem to come on quicker and go off slower with each year.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    adding myself again 47. Pushing to get the pooch looking better than it ever has, its Always been there. :(
  • tigermorris
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us out there!! I will be 47 in june. I have at least 70 lbs to go, before I will be within range. EEEKS. It is so hard. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • cindysess
    cindysess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 55, and struggling. I just don't have the willpower anymore. I cheat on my diet every day.
  • seniorfan
    seniorfan Posts: 13
    Options
    46 in 10 days
  • tntsue
    tntsue Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm 50 and hope to lose 50 or 60 lbs. My daughter is also using fitness pal and is a great inspiration to me. I hae begun a good exercise routine of at least 3 days a week at a local gym. :D My daughter walks everyday!!
  • tntsue
    tntsue Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree that does add quicker and come off slower. I constantly have to remind myself that I don't have the metabolism I had even at 35 (when I just became aware that my metabolism was slowing) :P
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I'll be 44 on Monday! 10 lbs so far!
  • deckieg
    deckieg Posts: 1
    Options
    42 male from Ireland.. I thought I would eat like crazy when i moved over here to the States... I was 330 when I arrived.. i am down to 255 which is still big but recently have been shedding it off me with hikes... love to chat to others
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yup..42 here!!! :)
  • sugar66
    sugar66 Posts: 41
    Options
    I will be 47 on Tuesday and yes I've found it harder to lose weight this time but hopefully this time it will stay off as been here so many times before.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll be 47 in less than a month and it has taken me over a year to lose about 30 lbs. With each passing year it does seem to get a little harder to control and lose weight, BUT I have proven to myself that it can be done. I think the big difference, at least for me, has been that I have to exercise quite a bit to lose weight now where before I could lose weight just through diet alone. I'm not minding that so much now because, even though I have about 10 more lbs to go, I am in the best shape I have ever been in!!
  • reallythatmuch
    Options
    Me. Female age 43 years, just had hysterectomy so have started HRT and also have an underactive thyroid. To say I have changed shape is an understatmenet. I am hoping to maintain my commitment post the four day blues - which is typically when I think 'oh go on then, just a little one'. Am looking forward to sharing hte journey with lots of you!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! There are a lot of us...

Hello Everyone,

I am 41 I have about 28lbs to get back to what I was 10 years ago but looking at all the chart about height v weight and BMI charts 28lbs is only half way!!

My Mum told me 10years ago "be careful Darling, any weight you gain will be harder to lose once you reach 40"

Damn she was right :(

Feel free to add me as a friend & we can support each other along this journey...

x
  • skdandmkd
    skdandmkd Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 44.