weight loss + insercuirty

Options
13»

Replies

• sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've made it a habit to look at myself in the mirror and compliment something new about myself everyday. Even if it's something I still don't like, I try to make it a positive. "I love how my stomach is shrinking!" Part of weight loss, I've found, is having a positive attitude about everything, even things you don't like.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    hey omg i so can relate. So many times i look in the mirror and I'm like eww why cant i just do it..just lose the weight. And then because i feel so fat I tell myself theres no point in even trying im never gunna change and then i binge which is terrible but ik from the times i was losing weight i always felt alot better and so much more confident...so ye it helps alot
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Self esteem isn't about your body, it's all about what is in your head. There are a lot of skinny girls with low self esteem too. So, work on your whole self, not just your body.

GREAT ADVICE.......
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So basically i always look in a mirror and just feel fat and ugly my boyfriend always tells me how beautiful and sexy i am, but i never believe him. So for anyone who has felt the same then lost weight, does it help? does it make you feel better? since ive started on this site i feel much healthier and every time i do exercise i feel better bout myself but i still feel insecure :/

A friend and I recently had a lengthy discussion about this and he pointed out that over 90% of women have difficulty with confidence. It's changing a mindset and learning to love yourself in the process. I have very low self confidence when it comes to my appearance. Although my goal weight is still far away, I am working on accepting compliments as they come and believing in myself as I do in other aspects of my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!