Options
13»

Replies

• mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The Internet.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun.

Actually, I'm just going to give it up when my daughter is awake unless it has something directly to do with her (how to make edible finger paints) or something that needs to be done (looking up a recipe while making dinner).

Also, not catholic. Not even religious. I just think it's a good time frame to make or break a habit and since it's during a season switch from winter to spring, it's kind of turning over a new leaf.

I'm also not catholic, I had the same idea as you! Its a good excuse to break a habit! You should just keep pinterest!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Still deciding think may give up sweet stuff though as It is a nice little challenge and I did it last year, tough but its not like i have cut sweet stuff out of my diet/lifestyle change as that would be unrealistic for me so i guess this is my way of giving a month or so towards that as i can usually eat sweets when i want - moderation is key with that of course!
  • thatcrazykat
    thatcrazykat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, Lent. The good ole 'what-am-I-going-to-give-up-so-I-can-feel-guilty-about-it-when-I-cheat' time of year. As a Catholic, can I ever opt out of guilt? That's it! I will give up feeling guilty!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I should give up abstinence. It's getting old.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    bacon.. its gonna be rough
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    I've already given up soda, chips, and cheese.
    Am starting to slowly give up white rice, whole wheat bread, pizza, and milk chocolate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Dieting.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Fat & Weight.

Food Wise - Nothing. I'm just gonna control my portions when I do eat bad. Sometimes, I will over eat a little, and that's alright. I'm in this to get fit and healthy FOREVER and slip ups happen. Its human nature. Just keep pushing forward. I will just eat healthy majority of the time.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    I've already given up soda, chips, and cheese.
    Am starting to slowly give up white rice, whole wheat bread, pizza, and milk chocolate.

I think after I work on my bread and pasta, pizza and rice will be the next to go
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am a person of faith and for me fasting is about giving up something so you have more time to reflect on God, and so that it reminds you of God whenever you want that thing. The two biggest things that are my addictions and take a lot of my time right now are calorie counting and technology, so I'm considering how I can do some type of fast with those things. I can't give up technology completely because I'm required to use it for work. One possibility is to not use my iPad for Lent, no TV and no unnecessary internet surfing at work. I'm not sure I really should give up counting calories for now but maybe spend less time on it.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    I am a person of faith and for me fasting is about giving up something so you have more time to reflect on God, and so that it reminds you of God whenever you want that thing. The two biggest things that are my addictions and take a lot of my time right now are calorie counting and technology, so I'm considering how I can do some type of fast with those things. I can't give up technology completely because I'm required to use it for work. One possibility is to not use my iPad for Lent, no TV and no unnecessary internet surfing at work. I'm not sure I really should give up counting calories for now but maybe spend less time on it.

I'm taking TV out... I feel like that is all my family does is sit around and watch TV.
  • mestacy010
    Options
    Years ago at church (when I was still a practicing catholic) the priest asked this little boy what he was giving up. The boy answered "Homework" the preist told him he'd better discuss that with his mom first.

seriously, I am giving up chocolate for the month of February...at least. let's see if I can make it to Easter.

Lol
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I gave up organized religion decades ago. Never felt better. ;)

This! Nothing beats being a guilt free Pagan!