you're not special.

Options
I've got some news for you guys that might hurt your feelings. But it seems like quite a bit of you need to hear it...
Like the title says, you're not special. Plain and simple. But I'll go in a little more detail.

We're all on this website for one common goal, and that's pretty cool. But I've noticed that the majority of the MFP population is full of fitness snobs. You've got great bodies, great motivation, great food diaries, and that's okay.

Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.
You have no right to tell other people what to do with their life, and you certainly have NO RIGHT to police someone else's body and habits. It isn't yours, and it's none of your business.
I understand that there are some special cases where people's health is urgent, etc etc, but when it gets down to it, their choice is only their own.

Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

You are fit, you are healthy, and you are not special. Sorry, but no one is.

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    We're all on this website for one common goal,

Not really true.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo10VxlNTetsgH3Z2UfzhEbdnRHGGdUYSscpbejilRhgmWx2Eb
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    We're all on this website for one common goal

You're here for Boobie Friday too? Excellent!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    WHOA.
  • gino007
    Options
    i feel very sorry for you but everyone is uniquly special in our own way who are you to tell people that they are not special ? everyones here to help eachother out

your negative

enough said .
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Do me a favor and define 'special'.

Here's one definition: distinguished or different from what is ordinary or usual. As such, given the fitness level many here have obtained, they are pretty damned far from ordinary or usual.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Okay, come here, tell us what happened. It will be okay!

tumblr_mdxaafRMd31rttthv.gif
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    and you are not special.

pfft! now you tell me..
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It turns out I am. Be mad all you like, I am a snowflake.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've got some news for you guys that might hurt your feelings. But it seems like quite a bit of you need to hear it...
    Like the title says, you're not special. Plain and simple. But I'll go in a little more detail.

We're all on this website for one common goal, and that's pretty cool. But I've noticed that the majority of the MFP population is full of fitness snobs. You've got great bodies, great motivation, great food diaries, and that's okay.

Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.
    You have no right to tell other people what to do with their life, and you certainly have NO RIGHT to police someone else's body and habits. It isn't yours, and it's none of your business.
    I understand that there are some special cases where people's health is urgent, etc etc, but when it gets down to it, their choice is only their own.

Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

Gotcha.

When you don't lose weight, shut up about it.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I eat junk and miss workouts and smoke like a champ. But with dedication and hard work I got the results I was after, thanks to MFP.

You don't want to put in the work? Fine. But don't put down people who do.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me I was special...are you telling me that I'm not? :sad:
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    People offer help. If someone is here to CHANGE their life, to a healthier style, then they should expect others are going to try to help. People shouldn't get offended or upset if someone is calling them out (in a helpful way). I'm not perfect, no one is...I do appreciate feedback though. If someone does not want help or motivation from others, they shouldn't add friends and should have a complete private profile.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I'm not special......................to you. Thanks for playing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Gotcha.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I eat junk and miss workouts and smoke like a champ. But with dedication and hard work I got the results I was after, thanks to MFP.

263543,xcitefun-thank-you-image-gif-kumarakumari-com-633.gif
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better now?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Gq3F2.gif
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Gotcha.

This pretty much sums up what I would like to say but in a much nicer way.

People need to stop posting on public forums and then getting upset when they get answers they don't want to hear.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    If they don't like the kind of motivation certain people use............. they should feel free to delete them as friends. If they don't have thick enough skin to take jokes or honest assessments on a fitness website ............they should avoid posting on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.