you're not special.

Options

Replies

• nld410
    nld410 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i feel very sorry for you but everyone is uniquly special in our own way who are you to tell people that they are not special ? everyones here to help eachother out

your negative

enough said .

completely agree
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    23huo12.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Am too special...mama says so.

On a serious note OP...not everyone is here for the same reasons...and a lot of the special people here that are fit and have great bodies and are healthy were not always that way. People ask questions and many of these special people give advice as to what helped them...how they got to where they are now. A lot of people on MFP, myself included, believe that there is more to this...particularly when it comes to long term success and sustained weight control than just "dieting". this isn't called MyDietPal...it is MyFitnessPal...a lot of people believe that proper fitness and nutrition play an important part in long term success. That doesn't mean you have to be a body builder or be ripped or whatever...just general fitness and nutrition goes a long way in achieving long term goals...like maintaining a healthy weight and BF% and good health.

I personally believe there are a lot of special people here, and I for one am truly grateful for the support and advice I've been given by many of these folks. They have cleared and steered a path for me...they know the pitfalls...they know how to stay on course. Without them, MFP would just be a bunch of idiots telling you to net to zero calories..take this magic pill or that magic pill...whatever. MFP would be a very stupid place without the "special" people.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    i feel very sorry for you but everyone is uniquly special in our own way who are you to tell people that they are not special ? everyones here to help eachother out

your negative

enough said .

completely agree

Though it must be said that the "your" you used is incorrect. Your implies belonging to you. You're is combining "you" and "Are". Pretty sure that is what you wanted to say. :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    haha ohhh lordy you guys. chill out, you got trolled.
    I'm ready to eat some dead carcass. You with me?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

pass! i'm carcass-free.
    Why? Nothing is better than taking a nice juicy steak, adding some salt and pepper and grilling it on an open flame, then cutting it up with a knife and dipping it in A-1 sauce!!!! Well unless it's bacon wrapped.

IDEA Fitness member

You had me until you mentioned A-1 sauce. BLASPHEMY! If your steak needs A-1, theres something wrong with that cow.
    Must be the grain fed thing. Lol, I'm a creature of habit and like A-1 by itself on my rice as well.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Katalyst77
    Options
    Well...I dont know where you get your information. I have friends of all shapes and sizes and goals on this site. If somebody wanted to continue with poor eating habits and not exercise. Why the hell would they join a site like myfitnesspal. Maybe you should look for a site called myenablerfriends or something...that sounds much more up your alley. :P
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I march to the beat of my own drum therefore I am a snowflake, special.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    23huo12.jpg

cool-story-bro-reply.jpg
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.

You lost me here^^ Why is that awesome?
  • rockstrzfem
    rockstrzfem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you should take out that pent up aggression at the gym...just sayin' ....
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    my mom said i'm special :) and when i got on the short bus they said the same thing :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Guess what?

Many of those "perfect" people with beautiful bodies started out 100 lbs heavier with no idea how they should be treating themselves. Maybe their advice isn't to hit you when you're down, maybe it's to help you out, and MAYBE it would be a smart thing to pay attention to the ones who know what they're talking about.

Hmmm.

Nah, that sounds unappealing, let's bash 'em instead.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't like you.

No one is really alike even with common goals. That kinda makes everyone special, IMHO.
    Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

I think you are taking suggestions and comments way too serious. Sure, not everyone is going to live the same, but you are on a public forum which is all about posting opinions and sharing experiences. You aren't going to accept/like/need all of them, but something will resonate and you can quietly filter the rest. Taking exception to anything more will get you no where.

For blatent trolls and those that need that kind of attention, just ignore them too. Again though, they are here and will post what they do.

All the best.

I will add. my Mom still tells me I am special.

But now I think she is just patronizing me. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Actually, I am special. But I don't expect you to understand that.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm special :wink:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY!! GET IT RIGHT! its Your not You're! errrr wait....false alarm folks. You got it right! Damn :embarassed:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    slap_zpsd102b21e.gif

This thread was worth checking out because of this... laughed my special butt off and expended special calories at the same time. Yea - cause I'm that special.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It turns out I am. Be mad all you like, I am a snowflake.
    Wow... I like snowflakes!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, I may not be *special*, but I'm downright freakin' fabulous! So, there! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.