200+ (Week 23) Shrinking into Summer begins!

Options

Replies

• jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    pinbotchick- wow i cant see myself eating that much fruits and veggies everyday.i've only had ice cream twice once last week and once this week. i done eat sweet all the time but if i do have a craving i eat a slim fast snack or one of m 100 cal. oreo snack bags. I also do slim fast shakes for my meals sometimes.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    c25k didn't start today. :ohwell: The bff walked with me and she's not much of a jogger (says her back spazzes out when she tries to jog). I will either have to go by myself or meet her at the gym and leave Lexi at home. The 2 miles we did today absolutely EXHAUSTED Lexi today. (well, plus I went by the bff's house after the park and left Lexi outside with her two big dogs so they were all excited and got to play for about 15 minutes)

I did get to go in my new blue running shoes. They were good. Kinda tight but nothing too uncomfortable. I'm used to wearing really wide shoes lol
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    hmm thanks. off to baskin robbins to get my 4.0 oz cup of lem custrad ice cream ( 260 cal.s)

Oh gawd that sounds divine!

I am STILL craving beer. Its been two weeks, going on three. Never in my life have I craved BEER. WTF is wrong with me?? LOL
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I am a fairly open book when it comes to my body.

For example: As I was laying on a bench at the gym pulling my legs up in a modified crunch I farted. MORTIFIED!!!!! Omg...and the lady about 5 ft away heard me. Wow.

It is the outside bottom corner of my knee cap if that makes sense? And a little under? I felt better all day and then I got home from the gym, went to turn with my legs and yeah...crackly feeling...sore again. Not sure what that is all about.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Ok question. i workout today and burned 254 cal. I added it to me exercise log and it gave me extra cal.s that i an consume for the day. IS it really ok to eat those extra cal.s?

Yes!!! If I don't I will NOT lose weight!! Eat them!! your total calories for the day already figured in a defecit for you to lose weight, so if you at say 1400 (general number) and then you burn 300, and you only eat 1400...you've really only eaten 1100 (too little).
    i have found for most people, and me especially, i need to eat nearly up to my total for each day depending on what i've done for exercise. some days i eat close to 1900
  • cds2327
    Options
    I am a fairly open book when it comes to my body.

For example: As I was laying on a bench at the gym pulling my legs up in a modified crunch I farted. MORTIFIED!!!!! Omg...and the lady about 5 ft away heard me. Wow.

It is the outside bottom corner of my knee cap if that makes sense? And a little under? I felt better all day and then I got home from the gym, went to turn with my legs and yeah...crackly feeling...sore again. Not sure what that is all about.

LOL!! i'd be mortified too, but it happens....what are you going to do. I remember when i used to do yoga with some ladies i worked with, we all just finally got used to farting in front of each other.....lol
  • spfraser
    spfraser Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm game- Here goes: I'm relatively new to the site; I've been using it for a little over a month and have only lost 4 pounds.:sad: But people are telling me I look thinner, so I must be loosing inches, right? Anyway, this will be my first foray into the message board world. I am up to the challenge! current weight: 220lbs Summer Fling Goal: 210lbs. Let's do it!!! :happy:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Lacey- you gave me a well needed chuckle. It'll happen to all of us at some point! At least you've been getting your fiber :wink:

Well- I'm still sort of struggling- didn't go out to work out as planned today, even though I was going to take it easy. Victoria, I think I've been stretching out evenly, so I don't know why it's only the one calf muscle. I thought of a perfect solution for tomorrow: I am not going into the office until grand rounds at 10:30- I thought hey, why don't I go to the rec center and swim for once? I don't even need to get up early! (my downfall). That was until I started packing everything I would need to take with me in the morning. I don't think I'm much of a primper in the morning, but I felt like I was packing for an overnighter! Yeah, that's just not going to work for me. I think it'll end up having to be the late night swims if I get them in at all. I need to investigate more if they keep one lane open at least for laps during other times. It's a pretty tiny pool so I'm not sure. As I was lazy *kitten* again today, I imagine weigh-in will not be pretty, and I can only guarantee one more day of cardio this week (Thursday is a LONG day), I need to step it up tomorrow- either an hour at the gym or a decent run outside (what I prefer- should be lovely out!). We'll see how it goes though!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    1 lb. ground turkey
    two 15oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
    one 11oz can of mexicorn (drained)
    one 10oz can of Rotel
    sixteen 8inch flour tortillas
    2tbsp of reduced fat sour cream (or to taste)
    1 tbsp cumin (or to taste)
    1 tbsp cayenne/red pepper (or to taste)
    reduced fat cheddar cheese (you can use 1/2 cup for the entire recipe, but my nutrition calculations use 1 slice of Deli Fresh Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar cheese per quesadilla....I'm a girl who likes her cheese)
    additional salsa (not included in the nutrition calculations)

Cook meat in non-stick skillet. When turkey is half pink/half brown, add the cumin and cayenne pepper. This allows it to cook into the meat better. I sprinkled enough to lightly cover all the turkey. Stir in beans, mexicorn and Rotel and cook till heated through (about 5 minutes on medium high).

Place a tortilla in a second skillet that is lightly coated in non-stick cooking spray and place a layer of the turkey mixture on half of it. Rip the slice of cheese into 1/2 inch strips and spread across the mixture. Fold tortilla over filling. Cook on medium heat, using spatula to check underside to make sure it doesn't burn. (This only takes about 2-3 minutes.) Flip over to cook other side of tortilla. It is done when the cheese it melted and the tortilla isn't burned.

Once tortilla is on plate, open it up and add the sour cream and additional salsa if desired. Unless you have a VERY LARGE FAMILY, this will make several meals for you.

Nutritional Info:
    1 Serving = 1 Tortilla
    378 Calories
    14.5 Fat
    41 Carbs
    638 Sodium
    21g Protein
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    hmm thanks. off to baskin robbins to get my 4.0 oz cup of lem custrad ice cream ( 260 cal.s)

Oh gawd that sounds divine!

I am STILL craving beer. Its been two weeks, going on three. Never in my life have I craved BEER. WTF is wrong with me?? LOL

yah it was good. i went and got my son hubby and me some ice cream. we also9 worked out togather today on thw wii. it was fun.

and it has to come out sometime. i dont even care anymore. i fart where ever when ever.
  • jadegem_2002
    Options
    Ok question. i workout today and burned 254 cal. I added it to me exercise log and it gave me extra cal.s that i an consume for the day. IS it really ok to eat those extra cal.s?

Yes!!! If I don't I will NOT lose weight!! Eat them!! your total calories for the day already figured in a defecit for you to lose weight, so if you at say 1400 (general number) and then you burn 300, and you only eat 1400...you've really only eaten 1100 (too little).
    i have found for most people, and me especially, i need to eat nearly up to my total for each day depending on what i've done for exercise. some days i eat close to 1900

so i'm eating all my cal.s that makes me so happy. the more i work out the more i get to eat.
  • cds2327
    Options
    Jadegem - If you have your goal set for a 1 pound loss, you can get away with eating 1/2 of your exercise cal at your weight. If you have it set for higher, then I recommend that you eat a minimum of all your exercise cal.
  • cds2327
    Options
    Jadegem - If you have your goal set for a 1 pound loss, you can get away with eating 1/2 of your exercise cal at your weight. If you have it set for higher, then I recommend that you eat a minimum of all your exercise cal.

Wait, now I'm confused. we shouldn't eat all our exercise calories back?? why do you recommend 1/2 and not all at her weight?
    help!!! i freak out about these things,

but yeah, jade....that is how i look at it, if i exercise more then i get to eat a little more during the day. but i do try to not choose bad things. it is so hard!!
  • cds2327
    Options
    sorry for the double post.....i'm a moron today :tongue:

And thanks for the yummy receipe kendall!! can't wait to try it!!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm game- Here goes: I'm relatively new to the site; I've been using it for a little over a month and have only lost 4 pounds.:sad: But people are telling me I look thinner, so I must be loosing inches, right? Anyway, this will be my first foray into the message board world. I am up to the challenge! current weight: 220lbs Summer Fling Goal: 210lbs. Let's do it!!! :happy:

4 lbs in 1 month? that sound like an excellent amount (not to mention safer progress) to me. i have been losing 1 pound every other week lately and it is very frustrating.

Victoria- sorry i havent posted much recently. i have my first exam in my history class coming up and between that and work and trying to have a life with my my boyfriend, it has been kinda crazy lately.

in other news i have recently started walking at my local park with a friend from work. i dont know exactly how long it is but i estimate the trail is about a mile long. we went on friday last week and then again today after work and we will be going again tomorrow morning. i am really enjoying walking with her as she keeps me goingat a pretty brisk pace and we talk and laugh the whole way around. we have been only doing 2 loops around the lake but tomorrow we do 3. this should be fun.
  • jadegem_2002
    Options

Wait, now I'm confused. we shouldn't eat all our exercise calories back?? why do you recommend 1/2 and not all at her weight?
    help!!! i freak out about these things,

but yeah, jade....that is how i look at it, if i exercise more then i get to eat a little more during the day. but i do try to not choose bad things. it is so hard!!
    [/quo

yah it's all confusing. i used to work out at curves and didnt count cal.s and lost weight eating healthy things. so i'm just not gonna get too caught up in the whole count cal.s thing. it's to confusing. i was cool up until i added the workouts to my log and it said to eat a extra 300 something cal.s. im just going keep doin what i was doing before
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Good morning super pals!!!!

Amber - nice to hear from you. Great job with the walks - it' always more fun with a friend. Good luck on the exam!!!

Carolyn - keep eating like you have been since you are having successful weight loss!!! Remember the rules change the lighter you get. From my understanding, the closer you are to your goal - the less weight you will lose per week and the more of your exercise cal you need to eat. You are closer to your goal then Jadegem and my advice to each of you is different. So keep eating those calories.

Jadegem - glad you enjoyed the ice cream and the family workout. I love Wii tennis but haven't played in awhile. We also have Biggest Loser Wii workout video it's great from my mom and I to work out at the same time.

Welcome spfraser:flowerforyou: We look forward to getting to know you. Just jump in and post away.

Kendal - the recipe looks great. I will have to try it this weekend.

Lacey - LOL:bigsmile: but it is life.

Kristina - that little muscle I was telling you about is easy to sprain and just takes time to heal. It may be from increasing your running distance too quickly - the rule I've read is only increase 10% in distance or min each week.

As to me - I am feeling much better this morning. The bloating is gone, the cramps are still here and TOM will arrive today. Sometimes I hate being a woman. I gave into my craving last night and had 1/2 a candy bar with 3 shots of Jim Beam. It put me over on calories for the day but I felt better. Sometimes we just have to pamper ourselves.

Well I've get in the shower and out the door. I have an 8:30 client but am done by noon today. I plan to catch up on paperwork this afternoon and may even get a run in. Catch you later.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ok, today I jumped the gun and weighed myself. I was a little afraid, but figured let me see where I am. Drum roll please....

I was 202.8 on Fri/Sat and today I am a 200.7. Looks like the 2lbs was TOM. Let's see where I am on Saturday this week. I am feeling good about it.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My gosh...I think I'm lost..you all posted your little hearts out yesterday....hope I can remember everything I wanted to say...

Kendal..the recipe looks yummy....close to what I made for dinner last night....I just used a venision roast instead and I threw everything on top of some steamed california blend veggies.

Pinbot...the only place I have seen those Excedrines pms pills are at Walgreen's and they run sales on them a lot...hope that helps...check their flyer as you walk in the door:wink:

Lacey...:laugh: :laugh: thanks I needed the chuckle.

Carolyn....When my husband does Yoga with me.....he's the big-time farter:laugh: :laugh: I always tell him he has to stay to the back of the room:laugh: I mean, it's usually from about 10 minutes into it ...all the way through to the end....I usually burn some extra calories from all the chuckles going on with our warrior poses :wink:

Welcome SPFraser...good luck with your goals..

Amber I have a friend I walk with once a week (hey I should call her today..) and it does help and make it not seem like a workout! Good for the both of you!!

Kristina....sorry to hear you calf is still bothering you...my knee is feeling funny this morning myself. I like to do the calf stretch (after you are warmed up a little)...where you stand on a stair and raise up on your toes and then let your heel come down past the stair for an intense stretch in the calf...hope that makes sense...then repeat on other leg...my calves get tight too, that and of coarse the hamstrings....I try to stretch them out daily...have you been stretching? It's important...don't skip out on it :smile:

All my lab work is back and according to the Doc...I am in the normal ranges for everything...all tests came back good, blood pressure, sugar, iron, thyroid, mamogram....so I must just be a slow loser...I'll take that info and be glad that I am healthy and keep moving on!!
    Have a great day everyone....my computer time was so up a half hour ago:embarassed: ...Bella is wanting me to take her for a walk....I might try a little run too...but like I said my knee is feeling a little tweaky this morning. I'll just go with the flow today..some weight training is scheduled too....which reminds me...this is the third week that myself, my hubby, son plus moody teenage daughter have been working out on the bench press in the evenings and playing a little fun (yet competive:blushing: ) game of basketball...I'm proud of them..and the Easter bunny just might put a little Itunes gift card or somethin -somethin in their Easter basket!
    Talk with you later!