Double bras, anyone?

Options

Replies

• TigressPat
    Options
    34F .... so yeah, double bra LOL. One day maybe there will be good sports bras out there....

Spoke with a owner of a lingerie shop in my city and she had a sample bra that she will be getting in stock in April I think she said, it looks really good :) I didn't try it because it wasn't my size, but it seemed to avoid the "pointy" issue some bigger sports bras have. Here's hopeing! :D Until then, double bra lol

edit: the new bra is by freya :)

freya is terrific.
    and if you like it, buy it online. Much cheaper than any bra stores that will actually carry it!!!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    when running i had to resort to two bras. I would wear an encapsulation type and a compression style over it.

LARGE BREASTED LADIES, I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON A SPORTS BRA!!!! YOU NEED THE SUPPORT. YOU WILL BE MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE WORKING OUT. IF YOU CAN, GO TO A BRA STORE AND GET PROPERLY FIT AND TRY A BUNCH ON. ONCE YOU KNOW WHICH ONES WORK FOR YOU, LOOK FOR DEALS ON THE INTERNET.

i've always found the Enell bra to be the bra of last resort. shock absorber goes all the way to a UK H (up to Universal D8). great bras.

i agree, Enell is overpriced garbage that only sells because big busted women don't know the better things out there and trust Oprah.

Shock absorber is better, but very small In most styles, so wont fit the truly BIG busted.

Freya and Panache are both better than all of the above.

I prefer Shock Absorber D+ Max Support (or whatever it's called) to the Freya (designed for wider set breast) and Panache. I quoted your reply to my post to highlight to others that some bras will work better with your body than others and you have try them on and test them (jumping jacks, etc).
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Enell is expensive, but I'm not sure why it's garbage... Mine keeps everything in place, has nice thick, padded straps that don't bite or slip, and is very comfortable. I can't imagine what could make it better.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Enell is expensive, but I'm not sure why it's garbage... Mine keeps everything in place, has nice thick, padded straps that don't bite or slip, and is very comfortable. I can't imagine what could make it better.

sizing.
    the sizes are very limited and smaller women with bigger breasts have to buy a huge size to try and fit into it but it still does not fit WELL.

It also fits like a better quality mash-them-down elastic S-M-L "Sports bra"

try the others I listed, then come back and tell me you can't think of anyway to improve Enell
  • LadyBirdGo
    LadyBirdGo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain. right now I just have to wear an adidas sports bra in a size smaller (very tight ) to keep them up. unfortunately the regular hanes cotton ones just wear out after only two or three wears.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    when running i had to resort to two bras. I would wear an encapsulation type and a compression style over it.

LARGE BREASTED LADIES, I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON A SPORTS BRA!!!! YOU NEED THE SUPPORT. YOU WILL BE MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE WORKING OUT. IF YOU CAN, GO TO A BRA STORE AND GET PROPERLY FIT AND TRY A BUNCH ON. ONCE YOU KNOW WHICH ONES WORK FOR YOU, LOOK FOR DEALS ON THE INTERNET.

i've always found the Enell bra to be the bra of last resort. shock absorber goes all the way to a UK H (up to Universal D8). great bras.

i agree, Enell is overpriced garbage that only sells because big busted women don't know the better things out there and trust Oprah.

Shock absorber is better, but very small In most styles, so wont fit the truly BIG busted.

Freya and Panache are both better than all of the above.

I prefer Shock Absorber D+ Max Support (or whatever it's called) to the Freya (designed for wider set breast) and Panache. I quoted your reply to my post to highlight to others that some bras will work better with your body than others and you have try them on and test them (jumping jacks, etc).

shock absorber is good in that it restricts the movement well.
    however it has several HUGE flaws that Freya and panache don't, which is why I definitely would recommend them over SA to first time buyers

BTW, Ive been in the bra business for 12 years and you are the first person to claim Panache is made for wider set boobs!
    all my clients who love Panache are the type whose boobs are stuck together with no space for the central gore, and enormous cleavage.

as for the Freya, is you find the unwired sports style too wide set, you need to try a smaller size.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, especially when I play hockey. The fact that it's cold makes it worse, cause you know....pokeyness. I play with all guys too and they definitely give me a hard time for it -_-
  • wikitbikit
    Options
    sizing.
    the sizes are very limited and smaller women with bigger breasts have to buy a huge size to try and fit into it but it still does not fit WELL.

try the others I listed, then come back and tell me you can't think of anyway to improve Enell
    Ah, mine fits well, so sizing isn't an issue for me. I can see what you mean by mash 'em down, I think, but it does hold them in place. :) I will check out the others when I need to buy a replacement.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I try not to advertise brand stuff on forums, but I can't say enough good about Bali minimizer.

And now that I'm back in a D instead of a DD I can wear their sports bra without risking a black eye, too. The sports bra is sized for either 36 or 38 and D or DD but honestly I'm thinking a full 38 DD would push the limits of that size.

They did have larger sizes in the sports bra too, but until I hit D again I was using a regular minimizer Bali and the girls were staying put.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    sizing.

Ah, mine fits well, so sizing isn't an issue for me. I can see what you mean by mash 'em down, I think, but it does hold them in place. :) I will check out the others when I need to buy a replacement.

mashing them down is something I campaign against. It's ugly, uncomfortable, and restricting. and many other brands do a much better job at customizing the fit so it actually fits your boobs and doesnt just jam them all into a thick elastic sausage casing.
    Im not saying the other brands are pretty, they aren't, but they are far superior to Enell.
  • lauradawson1123
    Options
    I double bra it all the time. I'm a DD and who cares about the uniboob, I'm working out not looking for a mate!
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks for all this info!
  • wikitbikit
    Options
    mashing them down is something I campaign against. It's ugly, uncomfortable, and restricting. and many other brands do a much better job at customizing the fit so it actually fits your boobs and doesnt just jam them all into a thick elastic sausage casing.
    Im not saying the other brands are pretty, they aren't, but they are far superior to Enell.
    I don't find it uncomfortable or restricting. It may be ugly, but I'm far from a fashion plate. :)

I found the use of the word "garbage" to describe the Enell bra rather strong when it has done everything I've asked of it and held up well while doing it. Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasons to me. :)
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    oh i thought this post was about wearing two bras at once to have bigger boobs haha!! i used to do that all the time when i was 18!!! :)

now i just wear one great padded bra... TMI i dont care haha.... but alot of bartenders wear 2 bras at once so it looks like they have hude DD fake implants... lol... girl... it works..
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I don't find it uncomfortable or restricting. It may be ugly, but I'm far from a fashion plate. :)

I found the use of the word "garbage" to describe the Enell bra rather strong when it has done everything I've asked of it and held up well while doing it. Thanks for taking the time to explain your reasons to me. :)

sorry, i don't intend to offend, but it's a bad bra. while I understand that you are satisfied with it, and Im glad, the fact is American women are used to crappy ill-fitting bras so the standards it has to live up to are so low they don't even register on my personal scale.

sure, I'll agree, Enell is better than what you can buy at Target or Walmart or even VS! But compared to what else is actually available out there, it's "garbage".

I'm not trying to insult your personal choice of bra, (I apologize if that's how I come across) just trying to open up eyes in general. I bash on ENELL particularly because after Oprah touted how great it was so many large breasted women went out and bought it, when they could have so easily bought something better for the price.
    Maybe it's better than what they are used to, but it's by no means "good".
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I have this problem too, especially when I play hockey. The fact that it's cold makes it worse, cause you know....pokeyness. I play with all guys too and they definitely give me a hard time for it -_-

ever try a moulded one?
  • charever92
    Options
    Depending on the activity I will either wear one or two bras. But I love my LuLuLemon Athletica sports bras. They are super comfy, and do a really good job of containing the goods.
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular bra under a sports bra. If i wear just the sports bra I will be rocking a uni-boob that bounces all over the place. :wink:

pretty much

but i still feel like i have a uniboob while wearing a reg bra under my sports bra. ohhh well i'm not trying to impress anyone anyway :laugh:
  • curliefrii
    curliefrii Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Moving Comfort bra's? Well worth the dinero.

THIS!

I'm a 34H and they are the best I've found.