Breakfast Ideas

Options
124»

Replies

• murfstroo
    Options
    On the weekend once a month I make up turkey sausage patties from the ground turkey at Costco. Mix turkey, lots of rubbed sage, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, fennel, and hot pepper flakes if you like them spicy. Make small patties with a thumb print in the middle so they keep their shape then slow fry in a pan with a little olive oil.

You will have a hard time staying out of these they are so good. And healthy. Crumble some in eggs, warm them in the microwave to serve with your eggs, warm them alone and take in the car. When I'm lazy I just quickly fry up the whole batch and keep the crumbles in the fridge or freezer to add to eggs, soup, rice. So good. Enjoy.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My everyday breakfast lately--
    Drizzle 1 t canola oil, sauté with onions, mushroom, bell pepper, 4-5 egg whites, green onions then grate some cheese, then top half of a small avocado and someways i add salsa too, .so low cal and filling
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs microed the night before eaten cold at my desk... like hard boiled eggs without the yolk... and fresh fruit...
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just started eating breakfast burritos for breakfast at work :)

I used this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/breakfast-burritos-once-a-month-cooking-30165 and substituted ground turkey for the sausage.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in the slow cooker. I turn it on before I go to bed, and it's ready when we get up. Plus - leftovers for a few days, which keep well, and heat up in the microwave pretty fast.
  • caseye83
    Options
    This sounds amazing I think I will try it this weekend!!!
  • DarkshineGirl
    Options
    Egg beaters, lean turkey sausage, bell peppers, onions and cheese- I cook all that together, then portion it out for the week, typically it comes out to about 175 calories per portion, I pop that in the microwave while I'm doing my hair and dressing for work. If I want it spicy I add Tabasco, I'm tempted to add a jalapeno to it next time I make it.
  • pohlcm08
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas here! I'm always up for trying new recipes.

I'm not the kind of person that likes to get up any earlier than I have to, so I love the convenience of just warming something up that was homemade previously SO much more than the guilt i feel if I hit up a drive through or gas station. I don't think it's laziness, I think it's just planning ahead and being prepared when I know I'll be late for work if I actually cook myself something healthy every morning. It's no different than people that prepare dinner ahead for the whole week.

Sometimes I line muffin tins with a slice of ham and crack an egg in the middle, bake at 350 for about 30 minutes and warm 1 or 2 up (You could add veggies, cheese, whatever you want) Or they would be a good size to eat on an english muffin.

My favorite lately is to scramble up a half dozen eggs with whatever veggies I have on hand and ground turkey or chicken with spices like fennel, garlic, and paprika (homemade turkey sausage basically - healthier and cheaper!) and mix them together to wrap into a tortilla for breakfast burritos that I can eat on my commute to work, and my fussy boyfriend that loves greasy foods that are terrible for him even likes them. Lower cal than the fast food version, and you know exactly what is going into them and no extra harmful additives!
  • randomiranda
    Options
    A lot of other people will mention this, but I've totally jumped on the refrigerator oats bandwagon too. I make mine the night before with 1/2 cup rolled oats, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tsp agave nectar. The next morning I slice a banana and add it in. Easy peasy!

Yes! I make mine with 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and a spoon of low-sugar peanut butter. It's really thick, but if you like it thinner add some milk. I just throw it in my bag in the morning and eat it at work.