Looking for 40 something friends

Options

Replies

• swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    I will be 40 this year and have goals to meet before the big 40. I have been focused since February but using myfitpal on my phone is january. I have lost 9 pounds so far. I lost then gained then lost 2 more pounds as of yesterday by increasing my caloric intake and drinking more water. Love the advice and motivation on this site. Add me if you like.
    <<<<<Agrees and I smoke and run :-) (I know I shouldn't but I do)
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    There's nothing social about it; it is a science. Your body has to be in good condition to even start exercising right, or you can get hurt. You cant smoke: If you can't quit, then don't even try to improve your body. Start out with mental and emotional therapy, before you can handle the struggle of getting fit; you need self-discepline, too much support is weakness also.. You have to workout according to what your health is. If you try to starve yourself to drop weight, you will fail. Obcessing over your body is a weakness, so get help if you want the power to do right. Don't even worry about what you are eating at first, just start walking very briskly every night for at least 30min. You have to make a priority out of doing it too, if this is what you want. Sign on here and record everything and don't be discouraged when it says you have too much or too less, that is more advanced technique. When you feel like you are too comfy with walking and it doesn't hurt anymore, you are on a plateau and
    will go back down if you don't give yourself a challenge. Now start conditioning your heart by jogging till you feel like you are floating in a cloud and never get tired. That means you are on a plateau for running. Congrats, you are conditioned and your metabolism will now reject storing weight. Now you can read and talk to your doctor about a balanced diet and start using resistance in your workouts. Never do the same thing after you are past the running stage or you will plateau.

I'm glad we have an expert here! I normally wouldn't respond to a post like this but this post hit me wrong!

Sorry, I would have to disagree, you get motivation and support by being social on a site such as this! If you don't believe there is anythig social about it, it's all science - why are you on a social fitness site?
    <<<<<agrees :-) I smoke and run (I know I shouldn't but I do and I haven't dropped dead yet)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'll be 44 this coming June.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 48..Just joined a few days ago..My metabolism slowed over the past 2 years and now i am doing 30 day shred and working out evryday practically..counting calories and I am finally shrinking in size..for the first time in 2 years!! add me as a friend I like to motivate
  • Tonemau5
    Tonemau5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all, am 40 and in the last year ive started to take the gym a little more seriously. Ive just finished a 10 week bulking routine and this week just started a get ripped routine and diet. Anybody else doing the same? Please feel free to add me.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm 48 and I agree it's alot harder. Feel free to add me and I'll give you plenty of support but I'm new to the exercise thing so I'm just winging it.:wink:
  • DeHartwell
    DeHartwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 and would like to join to help keep on track and see what helps keep people motivated. Today was my 1st day to log in. Yesterday I joined a gym. I would like to start at a steady pace and look and feel healthy by summer.

Look forward to hearing what & how everyone is doing!
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Iam also 47..:-) alway open to a support group to share ideas with ;-)
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will be 42 in May and have hypothyroidism and PCOS so I know your pain but am working hard and losing slowly would love to support and be supported by you welcome.
  • jewlzie
    jewlzie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weight doesn't come off as easy .... 44 .. so frustrating .... hoping MFP has some answers :) and fellow 40somethings who can relate ... work and fam get in the way of the gym but I do love classes esp bodycombat ... back to MFP hoping it will help!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    48 checking in and lost 94 lbs in the last year :)

It can be done. No tricks, just do it. Ask me anything. I made mistakes along the way but I'm better off today.

Welcome! :smile:
  • jfo2343
    jfo2343 Posts: 4
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I want to be forty, fit, and fabulous -- hopefully MFP will help me achieve that! :happy:
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    There's nothing social about it; it is a science. Your body has to be in good condition to even start exercising right, or you can get hurt. You cant smoke: If you can't quit, then don't even try to improve your body. Start out with mental and emotional therapy, before you can handle the struggle of getting fit; you need self-discepline, too much support is weakness also.. You have to workout according to what your health is. If you try to starve yourself to drop weight, you will fail. Obcessing over your body is a weakness, so get help if you want the power to do right. Don't even worry about what you are eating at first, just start walking very briskly every night for at least 30min. You have to make a priority out of doing it too, if this is what you want. Sign on here and record everything and don't be discouraged when it says you have too much or too less, that is more advanced technique. When you feel like you are too comfy with walking and it doesn't hurt anymore, you are on a plateau and will go back down if you don't give yourself a challenge. Now start conditioning your heart by jogging till you feel like you are floating in a cloud and never get tired. That means you are on a plateau for running. Congrats, you are conditioned and your metabolism will now reject storing weight. Now you can read and talk to your doctor about a balanced diet and start using resistance in your workouts. Never do the same thing after you are past the running stage or you will plateau.

Take this with a grain of salt...or a cigarette! lol This makes me laugh. Guidelines are interesting. I smoke and improved my body. I started out walking because it was the best I could do at the time but it was neither very briskly or at night. Tracking calories is not an advanced technique, anybody can do it. I never felt like I was floating in a cloud after a good jog. You don't have to run to increase your metabolism. This is all IMHO of course.
  • searchingforme
    searchingforme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone - feel free to add me. I'm 41 and looking for more support. I haven't really reached out for friends:smile: , but could use some more friends now that I am better at figuring this out!
  • searchingforme
    searchingforme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's great weightloss! Congrats!
  • Toomanytwinkies
    Toomanytwinkies Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I'm 43 and I know what you mean about weightloss as you age
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . I will be 48 this month.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    47 Here.

Feel Free To Add Me..:smile:
  • 1diggs
    1diggs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    49 you can add me we can motivate each other along the way
  • kathneal67
    kathneal67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am turning 46 this year, have one daughter anda husband who acts like he is a big kid! started on this journey a few weeks ago. Lost the weight and then slowly put it all back on again. But this time it will be for good!