Hubby threw out all my "healthy food".. WTH

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    he'd be wearing his whole milk and buffalo grande nachos.

why cant you just eat separate things? you're not conjoined at the digestive tract so it's OK if you eat different things
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You can't force someone to eat the way you do since it was your decision to make changes. He is your husband and was supportive of you. But you do have to compromise to his wants to. It can't be all about you and your change. He is in shape and likes certain foods. In a healthy marriage you compromise and please your partner. Your husband, I'm sure pleases you in some ways. And you should please him. Just because food that is not so good is in the house doesn't mean you have to eat it. This has prolly been stewing for awhile because the man is starving lol.

Agreed he shouldn't have exploded and tossed food out. But he may have been just really frustrated and exploded. Guess I was brought up old school. If my husband is doing for me, you can be damn sure I am going to be doing for him. All this bruhaha about kicking him out or smacking him is the most idiotic thing I have read all day.
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, you're the one who is trying to change your eating habits and you've kind of forced it on him. I'd suggest making some of the things he wants available in the house. Continue to eat healthy yourself and cook healthy. If he chooses to eat crap, so be it. You can only change you.

not in my house. my husband and kids eat what i cook. im not a waitress. if im eating healthy, they are eating healthy. if my husband doesnt like it, he knows where the door is, and also knows my address to mail his child support payments to :)
    If you re-read my post, I did not say she should be his waitress. I suggested that she continue to eat healthy and COOK healthy.

i didnt say that you said that. i said in my house, my eating habits WILL BE FORCED ON EVERYONE ELSE, because im not a waitress, and i dont cook to order... i make a meal, and thats it, they can either eat it, or starve. thier choice. that was my point. im not going to buy junk, when im trying to eat healthy. and i dare him to bring junk in to my house...
    dayum. I'm a scared of you.

Geesh I can't imagine living this way Holy mole.

Okay so to the OP. I think your husband was right to be mad, not right in the way he handled it. I don't really get why you'd put him on your diet when he's the one who is already slim? I think it's reasonable that WHILE you are losing weight and have a problem to fix, it be your problem and not everyone else's. I can only HOPE you were not putting the calorie restrictions of a woman on a man?! He was only trying to sabotage your diet because you put him on it too! He just wanted it to be over for everyone.

I would seriously go out and get him some things he likes. I would have done this even if he hadn't made that terrible demand but the fact that he did, at least shows that he is somewhat in touch with his emotions. He was trying to keep it in for a full month! I would have snapped too. Imagine this lady I just quoted she wouldn't have taken it for a hot second. You're lucky he held out this long, but would have been luckier if he had starting telling you he doesn't like that stuff sooner....OR HAS HE?

Usually whenever someone makes a complaint during an argument LOTS of omissions are made and that's why I ask.

Get YOU and HIM both food you both like and make him and yourself happy and agree to disagree on what to eat for the next year or two or however long it takes you to lose your excess weight. You're on a diet NOT him. Poor guy. :noway:
  • missmarymcmcmc
    Options
    well said MyChocolate!
  • missmarymcmcmc
    Options
    :smile: Thats exactly what I would do! Agreed
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options

That is fine. He's a grown man and can eat outside daily. My favorite spot is at my mistresses place and/or strip club. He'll find someplace too

Ah yes...troll.

" This"
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can see why your husband is mad, although the way he raged out was wrong. Just because you want to eat healthier does not necessarily mean he does. And that's not a bad thing! He's fit, if he doesn't have health problems from the way he likes to eat, I don't see anything wrong with it. By changing your eating habits, you've changed around his eating habits (though clearly he didn't want you to). If you're the one who grocery shops, buy your healthy food, buy his indulgent foods, tell him he has to make his food himself if you feel you have to, but don't keep the foods he enjoys out of the house just because you want to be healthier.

Well said, as grown adults, we should be able to choose how we eat. Should he have thrown out your healthy food? No. But it clearly boviousy that the drastic change is getting to him. Imagine if the tables were turned and you could eat anything you wanted, he couldn't and you didn't want to adapt. All this talk about kicking husbands out, etc is a bit harsh. Learn to work together and supports each others needs and desires. Not just yours or his.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Wow.

I would have told him "This IS real food. You've just been eating man-made chemical crap for so long you don't know the real thing when it's right in front of your face!"
    Don't like my food? Don't eat it! You're supposed to be a grown man, so quit your temper-tantrum, man up & make your own meals then.
    Then I'd go replace every single thing he threw away with the maximum of that product. Threw out a yogurt? Buy every flavor in whole cartons. Couple strawberries? New fruit plate!
    Take care of your damn self if he has such a problem! Don't make his problem yours!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Simple if he doesn't want what you cook, tell him to stop being lazy and cook himself!!!
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Wow.

I would have told him "This IS real food. You've just been eating man-made chemical crap for so long you don't know the real thing when it's right in front of your face!"
    Don't like my food? Don't eat it! You're supposed to be a grown man, so quit your temper-tantrum, man up & make your own meals then.
    Then I'd go replace every single thing he threw away with the maximum of that product. Threw out a yogurt? Buy every flavor in whole cartons. Couple strawberries? New fruit plate!
    Take care of your damn self if he has such a problem! Don't make his problem yours!

That is called spiteful and will dent a marriage big time. We should always take the high road and work these issues out. Like I said before, his response was clearly wrong. I cook most of the meals personally. I make sure anymore that people serve themselves and fill their plates. Otherwise, I will put what I think looks good to me because it makes sense.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The title made me laugh. Your husband's reaction was hysterical. Either he's one of those people who gets really cranky on a diet or this is just the way that he is. Not to pry, but, does he always react this way and is he always so demanding? This just seems like a bigger issue. But, again, maybe he could have been cranky from the diet and no caffeine from the soda. You could tell him to cook his own food, though.
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    In all fairness, you're the one who is trying to change your eating habits and you've kind of forced it on him. I'd suggest making some of the things he wants available in the house. Continue to eat healthy yourself and cook healthy. If he chooses to eat crap, so be it. You can only change you.

not in my house. my husband and kids eat what i cook. im not a waitress. if im eating healthy, they are eating healthy. if my husband doesnt like it, he knows where the door is, and also knows my address to mail his child support payments to :)

this lady is talking sense. :drinker:
  • ChrisC_77
    Options
    Let me say this...My calorie goals are about 3000. My wife's calorie goals are significantly less. If either of us forced a lifestyle on the other that is not part of their individual goals, neither of you are going to reach success. I am gaining weight, lots of running and weights. I need 3000 a day. For my wife to say that I have to eat what she fixes or she has to eat what I fix is selfish. Personally, we eat healthy meals, portions or different. And when I have time alone in the morning, evening, I pack on the calories I need. Support each other.

No I am off to lift and run 2 miles before work. :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Damn! Well first off that man does not respect you or your decision to control your weight and be healthy. He could care less about you. Tell him to man up and cook his own food. There is no reason for him to act in such a childish douche bag manner. If one of my sisters told me their partner did that you best believe I would be at their door step with baseball bat to his head.
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with you. My hubby doesn't want me to lose weight. He makes comments everyday that he loves me the way I am and doesn't want me to be "skinny". I love him for loving me the way I am but I told him I have to love me! and right now I don't love me. He won't throw out the food, he actually eats pretty healthy himself but he's just always telling me not to lose too much weight or none at all :sad:
  • ChrisC_77
    Options

this lady is talking sense. :drinker:

Ok, so letes turn the tables. Let's say your husband is the cook, he wants to eat super healthy, and vegetarian only. You didn't. You either go vege or else. right? If you don't eat vegetarian, then you are not supporting him. Right? We need to support each other, not force our lifestyle on the other. Support each others goals!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    From what I'm gathering (by how he was bringing home his own food, complaining by the lack of whole milk and salt, etc), OP had done the EXACT same thing to him prior to this event - deprived him of the food he wanted to support her own wants.

Why not just buy both? Geesh, I'd be pissed too if I had to drink 2% milk or if someone took away my salt.
    Pretty much this. I love how it's the EVIL husband for throwing away food that the wife wants to eat, but it's perfectly OK for the wife to get rid of all the food the husband wants to eat.

Ridiculous double standard much?

this
    if he's telling her to get regular food = there is no regular food at home
    my partner would be pissed if I throw away salt and full fat milk
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone here is acting like they got the whole story. I've been married. Most of the women responding here are currently married. Why are you acting like this was the first time he said he wanted real food? I'm betting this is the 30th time. Maybe the 300th time. Since she either didn't hear before or didn't care, his temper tantrum was him turning up the volume.

She made a unilateral decision that directly affected the whole family. That's not how things are supposed to work. Marriage is either an equal partnership or it's bull$hit. Her deciding to change everything they eat without his consent is the same as him deciding to put a 3rd loan on the house without telling her.

I've lost all my weight eating McDonalds, Taco Bell, and pizza. Surely there's some middle ground that she can make that doesn't involve that Mrs Dash garbage. It's give and take or its gtfo.

i agree with this, although i haven't lost weight eating the same things i do still pretty much eat the same meals as i did before, the trick is to find ways to make your favourite meals healthy without compromising the taste
    the part of this sight where you can put in your own recipes is very useful and you will probably be shocked at how much or how little some of your favourite foods actually are.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Damn! Well first off that man does not respect you or your decision to control your weight and be healthy. He could care less about you. Tell him to man up and cook his own food. There is no reason for him to act in such a childish douche bag manner. If one of my sisters told me their partner did that you best believe I would be at their door step with baseball bat to his head.

QFT
    If my partner is unhappy with something, we talk about it and reach a compromise. He doesn't expect me to be psychic and certainly doesn't throw childish tantrums when he hasn't gotten his way!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    YOUR HUSBAND IS HUNGRY.