Snow Storm, what to do????

Options

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Being a labor and delivery nurse we see a lot of women 9 months from the time of the snow storm;)
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    In the Boston area, we will shovel and go about our business. Or shovel and then sit tight until it's safer to drive. :) Shoveling is great exercise...so is building snowmen, snow wrestling with the kids and dog, making snow angels...
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    by jealous...because here in VA, all we're getting is RAIN. BOO!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If a foot is enough to shut things down you probably don't have snow toys, but depending on the type of snow, you still have options.

For the heavy stuff, a heavy duty trash bag can make a sled.

For all conditions, this is the time for a sacrifice to the baking gods. Take your biggest cookie sheet, spray the underside with Pam, and run to the top of the nearest hill. Sit on sheet and slide down hill.

Just walking in snow will be like running without it.

Snowmen are also a lot more work than I remember as a child.

Snow ball fights - all the squatting and bending and throwing.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the grocery store, stocked up in anticipation of the big chill on the way. Looks like I'll be working out a home tomorrow morning instead of the gym, then make soup. If I'm lucky the kids will let me get a nap in.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    by jealous...because here in VA, all we're getting is RAIN. BOO!!

^^This^^, except change VA to NC.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    After the moment of panic.
    Move the important stuff out.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    A foot of snow while inconvenient it rarely has any effect on life, at least not here. schools stay open, people go to work and life like normal.

Now if you get 3 feet - which has happened here on more than one occasion, well you get out and you clean the walks and the drive way and you help your neighbors do the same and then you go play in the mass amounts of snow. If the roads are closed you wait until the road crew gets to you. So normally just hanging out at home watching movies, reading books, playing video games etc. Unless the powers out and then you hope the power crew gets it fixed asap.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Shovel, keep calm and carry on. AND HAVE A MASSIVE SNOWBALL FIGHT.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    bourbon
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I live in the northeast too so aside from the initial road mess, it's business as usual. I'm doing my grocery shopping tonight (and yes, I need bread and milk lol) but I was going to do that anyway.

My plan is to catch up some housework, work on a craft project that's been waiting for a while, and catch up with TV programs I've recorded on my DVR. And of course, Wii.
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This is when you build snow mounds for snow ball fights... but I like it when we got 4 feet of snow that was awesomeee lol
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    If we got a foot of snow our roads would not be closed, so I would go on with my usual routine..
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ...be very happy that I live in South Florida.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have a date with a man called Johnnie Walker .............double black
  • wdjvtr
    wdjvtr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Summer time in vt, you gotta love it!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I have a date with a man called Johnnie Walker .............double black

I have a date with you! (Johnnie can come too)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Picking up lots of wine and beer tonight! Plus getting out if i want to.. nothing a little snow can stop! The only Problem with Snow On Long Island NY is the @ss hole drivers who dont know what the hell they are doing...
    going to hit up the grocery store and buy a chicken to roast for chicken soup! I love Snow Storms!!
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Only a foot of snow on the roof, why are the roads closed?