That Grinds My Gears/Made My Day

Options
VictorianJade
VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
Okeedokee... so, because balance is everything, here's the deal:

This thread is for posting BOTH something that irritated you today AND made your day, or added a bit of sunshine.

Y'gotta include both in your post.

I'll start:

Grinds my Gears:
Clients that don't say goodbye when they hang up... they just hang up., ARGH!

Made my Day:
My office mate telling me I'm cute.

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Grinds my Gears:
    My sore throat. ): It woke me up and it made it hard to eat solids today.

Made my Day:
    My boss sent me to buy a 12 pack of beer. HAHA. That always amuses the heck out of me. Especially when clients catch me 'sneaking' in with the pack of Canadian! Haha.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    What grinds my gears:
    when co-workers are late for work when they are supposed to be covering the front until the receptionist gets in at a later time (i'm always the one that ends up doing it and its not even my freaking job!!!!)

What made my day:
    Getting to see a day old baby boy my friend gave birth to yesterday :) He's so sweet
  • DamienRiceFan
    Options
    Grinds my Gears: My hubby brought me home a huge piece of carrot cake even though he knows it's my favorite and that I'm trying very hard to lose weight.

Made my Day: a new friend on MFP told me I looked to young to have teenagers!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Gggrrrrr! I spent 3 hours or so cleaning out the storage shed of all the spiders and photos of ex's and odd junk-all the while it is snowing on all the stuff I have waiting outside to come back into the shed. Wouldn't you know it? The moment I finished and went in the house and shut the door, the sun starts shining! I am happy for the sun even still.

:) - My husband scored some free building materials from his work so we don't have to buy the stuff to extend the shed overhang! Yippie! I love repurposing materials!
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Grinds my gears: Waking up with a headache. Really, who needs that on a Friday morning?

Made my day: I lost another pound. :D
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Grinds my Gears:Getting sick and having 3 tests to study far in the same week
    Made my Day: Getting A's on all 3 (thought I was gonna bomb one in particular)
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    Fun!!!!!! Great topic :)

Grinds my gears: that I had to wear snow boots today, Friday, March 26.....BECAUSE THERE WERE FOUR INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND. I was just running in shorts Wednesday and in the rain yesterday. WHAT. THE. HELL. Also, that it's still Lent, which means no meat for me today, which means NOTHING sounds good to me right now b/c I am TIRED of fish!!!! (that was two. sorry).

Made my day: ..........this is sad, it's taking me way too long................the four inches of snow are all pretty much gone since it's about 45 now.......and.....my sister in law and her b/f are on their way here to spend the weekend w/ my husband and I for his bday....fun weekend ahead!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    What made me cross today - was a Mum with a very VERY overweight child who totally ignored the advice and support we offered her and thought that the child 'looked fine to her' :explode:

What made me happy today - my co worker said to me about my trousers getting too big, and said you will be in a size 16 soon (size 14 US) and I said have a look and see what size these are, and they ARE a 16...:happy:
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Grinds my gears: My sister scoffing at me for the fish oil tablets I make, laughing and rolling her eyes.

Makes my day: My brand new uber awesome jump rope!
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Grinds my gears: When people suggest that I must be using illegal drugs in order to lose weight because they think "no one loses weight just by trying to be healthier." Get with the program people, it's called watching what you eat!

Makes my day: When the new jeans I just bought a month ago are now so loose on me that I have to keep pulling them up, even with a belt. Woo hoo!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Grinds my gears: My buddy coming over while I was sunbathing outside. I haven't seen him in a few weeks and I complimented him on recent his weight loss(assuming he was jogging and eating right). Nope. He then told me he's been getting stoned every night, drinking pitchers of beer, and lost 25 pounds in 3 weeks by taking diet pills that are the equivalent of 40 cups of coffee a day and make his hands shake uncontrollably. I tried to tell him it wasn't healthy, but he just brushed me off, and didn't even congratulate me when I talked about all the changes I've been making for my health.

Made my Day: Hmmm. Had some pleasant texts on my phone, that should count :) made me smile
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    grinds my gears - being the ONLY one at work who knows how to "talk" to the photocopier

made my day - finding out that one of my Fav authors Ivan E Coyotee (along with Ray Spoon) are speaking at a coffee shop in town tomorrow and for the first time EVER I am actually going to make it to her show!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Might post daily. :)

Grinds my gears: After 9 days of being sick, I broke down and called the dr. office for an appointment - I learned they're closed on Fridays. :(

Made my day: The energy of the day has been magical.:happy: It's a holiday, lots of people are off work, the weather is nice, and I saw lots of gatherings at the park by the ocean today. I found my oatmeal and peanut butter for WAAAY cheap at a different store and a helpful woman was directing traffic (and prevented an accident) - just because she saw fit to do so.
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    grinds my gears : im an over acheiver and therefore am given even more tasks stacked up at work that other people are too incompitent to accomplish and havent seen a raise, im doing three jobs for one low paycheck

Made My Day : Being told by a sweet old lady who has 90% hearing loss that she loved me, since ive lost both my grandma's in the last year it gave me that happy-grandma-loves-me-and-makes-me-cookies feeling. i missed it. i love you too Ann:blushing:
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Grinds my Gears ~ Coming home to a dirty kitchen because...well I was just too tired after class and cooking dinner last night. Mentioning I would like help to the kids and they all go outside to play...WTH? I thought I raised more thoughtful/helpful kids! Grrr...

Made my Day ~ A co-worker friends texted me that I inspire her :smile:
  • chaamigo
    chaamigo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    grinds my gears, i left my keys in my husbands truck last night and had the day off today DOH!

made my day, tried on clothes while i was home board and put on a pair of jeans i have not in a long time :)
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    GmG: having EVERY SINGLE PIECE of info I need for my taxes, except my notice of assessment. *sigh* Called CRA, and asked them to re-send mine and hubby's.

MmD: Getting a brand new shaw box, and a schwack of movie channels for free, for a month and a half.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Grinds my gears: Hmm.. not much of anything today!

Made my day: I'm starting to feel better - maybe this sickness will be GONE by the end of the week and I can be back in action soon. :)
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    Grinds my gears : The British weather

Made my day : being able to do my jacket up on the suit I wear to work (the buttons never used to meet in the middle) :laugh:
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Grinds my Gears: Migraine, day 3. *shaking my head slowly*

Made my Day: Have physio today to help my poor injured shoulder.