That Grinds My Gears/Made My Day

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    GmG: my old bank. Holy crap, they continue to be inept. And I can't seem to get away from them.
    MmD: my new bank. Dave, specifically, the CSR with the Mr. Movie-phone voice, who helped me solve the problem created by my old bank.
  • VictorianJade
    GmG: an email I sent to someone won't go through.
    MmD: ... yeah, don't have one today. Not yet.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    GmG: Not being able to walk upstairs because it hurts my knee
    MmD: Getting up 40 minutes earlier than I usually do, to work out (Never thought that would happen in a million years)
  • VictorianJade
    GmG: people who spend two days trying to get people to fix a mistake, when they could have done it in 30 fricking seconds.
    MmD: went down a size, yesterday.
  • VictorianJade
    GmG: Hubby calling and asking if we need anything, while he's on his way home. "We need dish soap." And then he whines that he doesn't want to stop and get anything.

IF YOU DON"T WANT TO STOP, DON'T ASK!

MmD: My nail tech kicks *kitten*.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    GmG: My son's new habit of biting when he's angry. His big sister now has a mouth-shaped bruise on her arm. Ugh.

MmD: I got to take a walk by myself for half an hour. Found some cool photoshoot locations for the future. :)
  • VictorianJade
    GmG: People who consider me 'the help' because I'm the administrative assistant.

MmD: a lovely email.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    GmG: my 4.5-year-old daughter is already having body image issues and comparing herself to others. She cried for 20 minutes today because she's not tall like her best friend. Why can't these awful thoughts just stay away from my baby girl?

MmD: I had a wonderful time this morning with my mom friends. I'm finally feeling like I can let my guard down around them.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Grinds my gears...
    the alarm clock waking me up in the middle of a good dream

Made my day...
    the office reruns on TBS
  • Fun stuff

Grinds My Gears: I'm feeling tortured by my knee. I have to go see a doctor soon but I'm on vacation so I'm still walking around, for the third day, like Frankenstein. This hurts like a mofo.

Great good things: Spa time + Beach. <--all I need to make me happy, plus I spent a good portion of my day just laughing..have to love that.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Grinds My Gears: The random end of the day headache I got.

made my day: Eating lots of kettle corn and watching Parenthood. I <3 that show.

*as you can see I copy pasted;P How the hell did it double post?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Grinds My Gears: The random end of the day headache I got.

made my day: Eating lots of kettle corn and watching Parenthood. I <3 that show.
  • GmG:
    The fact that in order for me be a stay at home mom my husband is gone from the house from 4 am to 530- 6 pm.

Made my day:
    Listen to my three old tell her daddy the names of the letters, and point them out. She is so smart :)
  • VictorianJade
    I'm resurrecting a thread.

So:

GmG: The *kitten* client who came in today to scream at me and my boss about losing a loonie in one of our machines. I reimbursed the loonie without a blink, but the attitude was awful. WHY do people think it's okay to scream and yell and stomp like children, when they're in their mid-damn-forties?!?

MmD: I am resisting the urge to buy fudge.
  • I'm resurrecting a thread.

So:

GmG: The *kitten* client who came in today to scream at me and my boss about losing a loonie in one of our machines. I reimbursed the loonie without a blink, but the attitude was awful. WHY do people think it's okay to scream and yell and stomp like children, when they're in their mid-damn-forties?!?

What is a loonie? I like this thread it reminds my of my friends Mom who always says "Now say something nice".

GmG: Waking up with back pain & a headache.

MmD: My employees said they were glad to see me & meant it.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Grinds My Gears: Very slow day, no phone calls, no paperwork to be done at work. But since I'm the only Receptionist and Junior Accountant in today I have to stay. :yawn:

Made my Day: The boyfriend has been texting me all day keeping me company while I'm bored out of my mind. :flowerforyou:
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member

So:

What is a loonie? I like this thread it reminds my of my friends Mom who always says "Now say something nice".

A loonie is a slang term for the Canadian Dollar coin.

GMG - My sugars crashing when I'm half a mile from the end of my walk

MMD - Completing said walk!
  • VictorianJade

So:

A loonie is a slang term for the Canadian Dollar coin.

GMG - My sugars crashing when I'm half a mile from the end of my walk

MMD - Completing said walk!

Well done, Jewel!
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    GmG: Meeting the new admin assistant today...the position I applied for after having been laid off for a year.
    The position that I suggested he fill. The one he suggested I would get. Oh and now I have to train her.

Made My Day: Getting the support from other co workers who felt that I deserved the job. She's not very bright. Karma is a Bit$h.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Irritated me- I came home to find a giant pile of wood in my living room

Made my day- Discovered my kitten likes to have her nose rubbed (so cute!) Also my dogs greeting me at the door always make my day.
This discussion has been closed.