153 lbs in 365 days (pics)

Options

Replies

• Momabear4411
    Momabear4411 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great inspirational story! Thanks and great job!
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Incredible!! Absolutely thrilling that someone can tell it like it is, have results, and didn't require anything but true effort. I love this post. Thank you so much for sharing. You really made me think and honestly you even gave me a little boost to get my butt out in the cold and do some walking. After all it is only a half hour and exercise makes me feel awesome. (After it is over of course!) Great work, honestly!!! An amazing feat!!
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love this post - congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!! Thanks for the inspiration to both keep sticking to my cut AND to grow a caterpillar above my upper lip. ;)
  • rose_turtle
    rose_turtle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress and great storytelling! Thanks for the motivation and giggles. :)
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! Absolutely thrilling that someone can tell it like it is, have results, and didn't require anything but true effort. I love this post.

^^This exactly. I am a big fan of tough love when it comes to the effort you put in to yourself. No excuses! I have had no one to blame but myself for my choices. Thanks for sharing your story. Well done.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If I didn't know you were married to your lovely wife, and if I wasn't married to my wonderful husband, and if I also wasn't probably 40 years older than you, I'd say let's get together!!! LOL You're an inspiring guy and I want to keep reminding myself of your wise counsel. Thank you for your post.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    cm-36243-050bffabb05dbf.gif

Incredible.

I'll be thinking of this post when my fat body and creaky joints are pounding out the steps on the trail.
  • treenzdreamz
    treenzdreamz Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well done and great job...
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work! Thanks for sharing.

Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? If not, and you are a literalist, how tall are you?

You say you want to be faster, stronger, healthier. Have you definitized those goals? Do you prefer to have specific goals, or just a direction?

Finally, BEER!
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    DUDE. If you don't start a blog and let the world follow your inspiring, funny, entertaining way of storytelling, it will be a shame. Seriously. Also, please update your post with a side-by-side comparison for us lazy scrollers, pleaseandthanks.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work! Thanks for sharing.

Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? If not, and you are a literalist, how tall are you?

You say you want to be faster, stronger, healthier. Have you definitized those goals? Do you prefer to have specific goals, or just a direction?

Finally, BEER!

Well, my doctor and I say that I'm 5'7". My wife disagrees and says I'm 5'6". So, I'm 5'6".

I haven't really put numerical goals on my healthier/faster/stronger yet. I guess, in a way, I'd just like to beat my own personal records.

Like,
    - I want to be able to squat my starting weight for a full workout, etc.
    - I want to finish a half marathon, beat my previous 5k/8k times.
    - I wanna be able to do like 30 pull-ups and chin-ups without stopping.
    - I wanna stop a speeding truck from running over an errant kitty

As far as healthier, I'd like to get down to a lower body-fat percentage. I'm not shooting for anything ridiculous, but maybe 18-20% would be a goal.

I won't be disappointed if I can't do the 30 pull-ups... if I can do more tomorrow than I could do today, that's progress ya know?

Also, yes to BEER.
  • lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your story. For us just starting out, this is such a great inspiration. It shows with some changes in habits, we can become healthy.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    So proud of you Matt! :) You look phenomenal!
    So happy to call you a friend and have your support :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Also, please update your post with a side-by-side comparison for us lazy scrollers, pleaseandthanks.
    I'll certainly consider starting up a blog on here. I like putting words into favorable and meaningful patterns.

Sure.

For the TL;DR crowd.

This was me a year ago.
    T1vGt4H.jpg

I decided to eat healthier, eat the right amount, workout, etc.

This is me this morning:
    xciryac.jpg?1
    153 lbs gone and it doesn't suck.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Love your post! Love your pictures! Love your dedication! Thank you so much for sharing, you are truly an inspiration!
  • lunajc201
    Options
    This guy IS the TRUTH.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Way to go on all your hard work!! Thank you for sharing your story. Definitely inspiring.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congratulations!!! You ARE an inspiration. I Love your story and I LOVE how you tell it!!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've dropped 128 in seven months and looking forward to that year mark a huge amount under my start weight. It is you and people like you that keep me moving forward! Keep up the good work and take it easy with the beer & cake.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!