Replies

• AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    definitely
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go as far as a coffee enema. I take colon cleanse stuff which helps keep you clean and healthy.
    I'd start with something along those lines first.

What's the difference, really? They're both just stimulant laxatives.

a coffee enema? You do know what that is right?

Atleast with colon cleanse you don't have to go through all the pointless pain or awkwardness.
    They're just pills. The ones I have are all natural.
    I was recommended them as I have some issues with my stomach and gi tract.
    After having a colonoscopy, I was told by a professional that is actually a really good idea to take the colon cleanse and keep all the built up bile to a minimum.

doesnt sound too healthy to me.

According to a Health Professional it is.

Think about it.
    1. have you ever had a colonscopy? The prep they put you through cleans your entire system out. I'll tell you this in all honesty, I felt better after being cleaned out that I ever have before. Healthier.
    2. You carry up to ten pounds of built up bile in your body at all times. You don't want to clean that out and feel lighter, healthier, and cleaner?

That's complete and utter delusional nonsense. Coffee is pretty natural- certainly not LESS natural than your pills, and doing any sort of laxative "cleanse" (senna being a 'natural' laxative) disrupts your gut bacteria, messes with the muscle contractions of your digestive system risking permanent long term damage, and is, in my opinion, loosely-veiled socially acceptable bulimia. Good luck with it though. Glad to hear it works for you.

Didn't say it was more natural.
    But it is ALL NATURAL.
    and being all natural it doesn't disrupt ANYTHING.
    You poop anyways right? seriously, why not clean out THE BAD STUFF!!
    Doing it one a month, or once every three months is GOOD FOR YOU.
    Coming from someone who had GI issues her WHOLE LIFE.
    and Coming from the opinion of my doctor. I think he knows a bit more about the GI tract than you.

It is far from bulimia, as I don't do it to lose weight, I do it for my health. I'd rather not have to go in for another colonoscopy.

LOL, whatever you want to believe.
    You know what else is NATURAL? Nightshade. Cyanide. Radioactive material.
    Whatever your doctor tells you, I am POSITIVE they didn't tell you to do stimulant laxative cleanses for the health of your digestive system. It will prevent you from ever overcoming whatever digestive issues you have, as you are regularly disrupting the stasis of your NATURAL gut bacteria.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    :smile: WHAT????? That's NOT where coffee goes!!!
    ^^ This! :laugh:
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I wouldn't go as far as a coffee enema. I take colon cleanse stuff which helps keep you clean and healthy.

Atleast with colon cleanse you don't have to go through all the pointless pain or awkwardness.
    After having a colonoscopy, I was told by a professional that is actually a really good idea to take the colon cleanse and keep all the built up bile to a minimum.

Think about it.
    1. have you ever had a colonscopy? The prep they put you through cleans your entire system out. I'll tell you this in all honesty, I felt better after being cleaned out that I ever have before. Healthier.
    2. You carry up to ten pounds of built up bile in your body at all times. You don't want to clean that out and feel lighter, healthier, and cleaner?

That's complete and utter delusional nonsense. Coffee is pretty natural- certainly not LESS natural than your pills, and doing any sort of laxative "cleanse" (senna being a 'natural' laxative) disrupts your gut bacteria, messes with the muscle contractions of your digestive system risking permanent long term damage, and is, in my opinion, loosely-veiled socially acceptable bulimia. Good luck with it though. Glad to hear it works for you.

But it is ALL NATURAL.
    and Coming from the opinion of my doctor. I think he knows a bit more about the GI tract than you.

It is far from bulimia, as I don't do it to lose weight, I do it for my health. I'd rather not have to go in for another colonoscopy.

Whatever your doctor tells you, I am POSITIVE they didn't tell you to do stimulant laxative cleanses for the health of your digestive system. It will prevent you from ever overcoming whatever digestive issues you have, as you are regularly disrupting the stasis of your NATURAL gut bacteria.

Yupp, you're right.
    My doctor with 14 years of school and many years of practice is wrong.
    Wow.
    SMH
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    ...I was told by a professional that is actually a really good idea to take the colon cleanse and keep all the built up bile to a minimum...

A professional what? Doctor? Lawyer? Indian Chief?

A professional gastro dr.

...so, a gastroenterologist? Or Dr. Oz?

My gastroenterologist. I'm not stupid, but thanks for trying to make me that way (:

I was trying to clarify, Also, you did not see what I did there. It is funny because Dr Oz is a shitty doctor, and the gastroenterologist has a shitty job.  As for the intellect, perhaps shitty public schools are to blame, but it would be impossible for me to be responsible for "making" you "stupid".
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Also Belladonna, Wolfsbane, and poinsetta if you are a cat.
  • ConservativeKT
    Options
    NOOOOO!!!! Ruptured intestines will NOT help you lose weight!!! Don'd do it!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

Think about it.

not really, i think it messes with the way your body is supposed to perform, and gets rid of things you actually need.
    its ok to disagree.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add....ok, I lied, I do.

What a frickin' waste of coffee. Idiots...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Think about it.

But it is ALL NATURAL.

Yupp, you're right.
    Wow.
    SMH

Honey, I don't think your doctor is wrong. I think you misinterpreted what they told you.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Putting the coffee in the wrong way may lead to a defi sh it that is too large thus leading to starvation mode!!!!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Think about it.

But it is ALL NATURAL.

Yupp, you're right.
    Wow.
    SMH

Yea. You're doctor is pretty far out in left field from the rest of the doctors out there. Get a second opinion on that.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Think about it.

But it is ALL NATURAL.

Yupp, you're right.
    Wow.
    SMH

6a00d83451b54369e20133f27efd39970b-popup
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

Think about it.

But it is ALL NATURAL.

Yupp, you're right.
    Wow.
    SMH

Honey, I don't think your doctor is wrong. I think you misinterpreted what they told you.

No "HONEY" I didn't.
    I'm not stupid. Nor would I not ask questions when any doctor tells me anything.
    He said exactly what I put here.
    That using a colon cleanse once a month, or every three months is good for you.
    (:
    Can't really misinterpret that. All in English too.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    6a00d83451b54369e20133f27efd39970b-popup
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to hear my barium enema story?
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    colonics use to be quite popular. You used the word colonoscopy, is that the same as a colonic? They were not harmful in my hey-day cause they didnt use anything but warm water. My friend saw half a walnut coming out through the clear tubing (yea,she looked.) This is a different era, though, none of the things we hippies did make any sense to this generation.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    colonics use to be quite popular. You used the word colonoscopy, is that the same as a colonic? They were not harmful in my hey-day cause they didnt use anything but warm water. My friend saw half a walnut coming out through the clear tubing (yea,she looked.) This is a different era, though, none of the things we hippies did make any sense to this generation.
    a colonoscopy is a medical procedure they use to scope your lower gi tract
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Mmmm crappucinos.

Actual LOL

PML... Euphoric? Ah, I say this is fetish material, not really about weight loss.
    Still laughing!!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oh yes that what we old people HAVE to do when we reach 50! The colonic is done by a trained spa person or wherever you get one from. They still do them today in some places, the interest just sorta went away.