Has anyone lost weight WITHOUT reducing carbs?

Options

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    has anyone come off a low carb diet and stuck with 150 g carbs and lost weight?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    What's up. I get like 300g of carbs a day

hatersgonnacat.jpg
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • volume77
    Options
    how about comming off a lc diet?
  • volume77
    Options
    i read recently that you should have no more than 9 g carbs every hour. or 144 each day to keep your body from producing enough insulin to store your calories as fat
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    i read recently that you should have no more than 9 g carbs every hour. or 144 each day to keep your body from producing enough insulin to store your calories as fat
    Seriously, that's what you got out of 4 pages of responses.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep I lost all my weight in 7 months & still keep it off. I eat bread like crazy. I love bread & refuse to give it up. I love my sushi...so there is more carbs.

You eat what you want, just work harder to get to your goal. :)
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I would die if I tried to restrict my carbs! And I've managed to hit my target weight pretty easily.

I like bread - I eat it every day. That's not going to change. So long as everything fits within my calorie goal, I'm not too fussed about the breakdown of macros.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The only thing I restricted was Calories. I have not once cared about carbs, fats proteins, micros, macros, minis, salt, sugar, gluten or anything else. JUST CALORIES.

Same here. Just counting calories. Don't pay a whole lot of attention to the others stuff. I suppose I should tho.
  • volume77
    Options

no i read it somewhere else....
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    im losing weight at 200grams a day of carbs and drastic weight loss so increasing it
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty easy although I don't know whether my diet is classified as high in carbs.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

no i read it somewhere else....
    Ignore it. That would mean everyone would be limited to eating 144 grams of carbs...When I eat at maintenance, I'm eating between 230 to 250 carbs.
  • eljmotivated
    eljmotivated Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with morticiamom. The more complex carbs and protein tend to keep you full longer so you aren't reaching for more food quite as soon. I lost 50 lbs without restricting my carbs although Insanity has put a bit of that weight back on me but in a good way. And drink plenty of water. A lot times I found myself thinking I'm hungry but not sure what I'm craving and it took me a long time to realize most of the time I was thirsty!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    2 letters BS
  • tdanks616
    Options
    Yes I lost 10 lbs so far on weight watchers. I am on my 4th week. I eat more carbs now than I did before. I just calculate the points. I've tried a few different things to try and lose weight in the past but so far WW is my favorite. The flex points allow me to splurge. It's become a way of life more than a diet... I just don't like to cut out the foods Iove. My aunt is a lifetime member and she has always looked great so I figured that I'd finally give it a shot. It's been a blessing. I feel like WW should be paying me for this tho haha!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm at 300g carbs and losing about 1 - 1.5lbs a week. And no they are mostly complex carbs. The most complex carb i've been having is probably a banana.
  • volume77
    Options
    thank you everyone for your responces. It is good to know because i really like eating oatmeal and popcorn lol:)
  • volume77
    Options
    ne more success stories :)?
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to lose weight while eating carbs. I love carbs, yum yum! I don't restrict any food in my 'diet', even chocolate, cinnamon buns, pasta.