Anyone Else Single for V-day?

Options

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    YEP and that's okay by me and I'm not angry. I've seen too many friends stay in a bad situation and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. I can buy my own chocolate & flowers this year. :flowerforyou:
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    why do you need one day of the year to tell someone you love them, you don't have to spend fortunes to say 'i love you' you should do it EVERY DAY, it's just a money making scam anyway, someone's getting rich on the back of it (cynical? me? of course i am, lol)
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am also going solo this year for V-day, again, lol but I just use the day to celebrate my family and friends! The day is about love, not necessarily romantic love, so my family and friends are reminded of how much they mean to me! Mind you, I would love to have a date and celebrate like all the other couples, but I will, someday ..
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Just posted this in one of the single's groups I'm a member of, but thought the rest of you might enjoy this. SMBC is one of my favorite web comics, and this little gem helps me appreciate being single on Valentine's :drinker:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2880
  • Single again too this Valentines! However "It's a Good Day to Die Hard" comes out here on the 14th so I got John McClane haha :)
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been single most V-days so it doesn't really bother me. I have my 6 year-old daughters who still want mommy to be their valentines so that helps :)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I hate V day...

I guess I can treat myself. o_o
  • jojo1410
    jojo1410 Posts: 151
    Options
    Yep, 5 years alone on Valentines! But some of us girlies are getting together for a night out which will no doubt be far more fun than a cheesy card and a bunch of roses!
    And CoulsdonEagle got it right!
  • Lovinglish
    Lovinglish Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am but im actually happy about it. Have to remember its just a holiday but the point of is to spend time and share love with your love ones. That could be your friends, family or children.
  • Lovinglish
    Options
    Yep, 5 years alone on Valentines! But some of us girlies are getting together for a night out which will no doubt be far more fun than a cheesy card and a bunch of roses!
    And CoulsdonEagle got it right!

Hey thats what me and my team r doing and I agree
  • Lovinglish
    Options
    why do you need one day of the year to tell someone you love them, you don't have to spend fortunes to say 'i love you' you should do it EVERY DAY, it's just a money making scam anyway, someone's getting rich on the back of it (cynical? me? of course i am, lol)

If only people realized that
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This is the first Valentine's Day since my divorce last year, so my first one "alone" in 9 years. Actually I have TWO awesome Valentines to celebrate with - my daughters!
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not single for the past 30 years. Been put down called fat and lazy all year round. But on V Dat get a cheap box of chocolate with a dollar store card. Does it matter??
  • richym
    richym Posts: 11
    Options
    It's just a commericalised holiday anyway, if you can only mutter the words "I love you" or "I fancy you" once a year then theres something wrong.

I'll be working out and not worrying about it one bit, I like the sound of the Anti Valentine stuff
  • AmandaLynn101103
    AmandaLynn101103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Single and embracing it! Its nice to have the time to put some focus on myself and make the changes that I have been saying I was going to for years. Doesn't bother me at all to be alone on valentines day, I work with kids so we always celebrate during the day with treats and tons of pink and red lol it may not be romantic but hey you can dress like a fool (I've already got my socks picked out for the day) and just enjoy yourself. Anyone feel free to add me, can never have too much support!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Me!!! sorry dad, i'm going to theater & ice cream with my mom.
  • amyleigh628
    Options
    Single. I adore V~Day and I'm going to celebrate all the great people and things in my life right now :)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    lol@arbitrary holidays
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Single. Thankfully i wont have to hear the potential kiss and tell stories of a former friend this year. I cant stand that crap
  • Kimmy_927
    Kimmy_927 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT single but I've chosen to not participate in Valentine's day this year. I think it's a dumb holiday. My boyfriend seemed fine with that anyways. No stupid flowers or chocolate, stuff I don't need