Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Options

Replies

• GregJourney
    GregJourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    14 months in so far my wife and I have lost about 90 pounds each. No surgery, just diet and exercise. Step one get commitment to changing our life!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I lost 105 w/o surgery. Took over a year and was due to lots of cardio and strength training.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    my niece had to have hers removed as well--as an emergency. They are not all they are cracked up to be. So I got her started on here and she is now NOT on a diet but going under my trainers advice. THIS IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE NOT A DIET!!!!!!!! So many people make the mistake of dieting over and over and gain back even more. Daily exercise is a given, daily food consumption is a given. I mean don't you see skinny people eat?? Well they do and the only difference is MODERATION and they exercise. Hence, the phrase--this is a lifestyle change for the rest of your life NOT A DIET. Change your way of thinking and this will be second nature for you--it has become that for me and my daily walk is MY TIME... I swear I can cure diseases, solve world peace, do ANYTHING on my walks and I take my iPod and lots of latin music to keep my pace up and away I go. I also do Zumba so latin has become one of my favorites. would KILL to see Pitbull in concert!!!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love this thread. It's so wonderful to see so many successes.
  • pinkncrazee
    pinkncrazee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, does 305# qualify? LOL, you can check out my profile. To answer your question, yes it can be done. There are lots of here that do it without "the surgery".

Tried to look at your B&A's but profile set to only friends. Add me?
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    Options
    I will have lost 100 when I hit my goal. I don't think most people do their weight loss by surgery. They do it the good old fashion way with desire, discipline and dedication. Just realize that your weight gain did not happen over night so you should not plan on it going away over night. Slow and steady is the healthier, safer and longer lasting way to lose. Congrats on feeling better. I have a friend that has continued to gain weight after having surgery. She would just eat constantly instead of having larger portions. Calories are still calories no matter what your portions are and the amount you eat.

Journal your food....and be honest. It will help you stay accountable.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    In for future reading and amazing encouragement. Thank you to all who took the time to share their success in this thread!!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    No offense to those who had the surgery...but EFF that surgery...gimme the diet, exercise, and some weights to lift and I'm good. 116 down without surgery.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I haven't made it to 100 yet, and may not need to, but my advice to you is to not be in a big hurry. I've lost 78 lbs in exactly one year. I continue to lose about a pound a week more or less, but it's no big deal how quickly it happens. Most important to me are the changes I have made in my life. I have learned to eat and enjoy fresh fruit and veggies. I've developed habits that keep me from grazing all evening on empty nutrition, high calorie junk food. I've learned to love to move. And most of all, I've learned that I CAN stop after eating the meal with reasonable portions I put on my plate - instead of going back for 2nds or 3rds. I can control what goes in my mouth!
  • monicastryin
    monicastryin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    100+ pounds lost without surgery. Started on 5th March 2012 at 332lbs, pic is from when I broke through 110lbs lost and currently at 203lbs, 129lbs lost.

What are you doing? Your weightloss is amazing!
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My full story is a bit too much to type but if you want to read it, it is here. I was 218 I am now 118. No surgery no pills no fancy diet plans, no trainers, no personal chefs... It can be done

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html

gracevisit.jpg

523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

Great Job! You're beautiful
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all look amazing!!!
  • fitnessflow
    Options
    Bump
    Cause ya'll rock!!!
  • 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    TTT
    this is so awesome, you guys and girls are such a testimony to perseverance and determination and success!
  • jennnnn2u
    Options
    Yes! It took a couple years though, haha :smile:

Here's a bit of my story

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/StarkLark/view/how-did-you-stay-motivated-to-lose-all-that-weight-285296

and here's a pic!

7633587862_4a105ee0a8_o.jpg

Great job! What a gorgeous smile you have. Fabulous transformation!
  • 1972dragonfly
    Options
    I need to loose 100 but so far I have lost 40 in the last 5 months on my own. I am eating very low car moderate protein and my body is in ketosis. I have a friend who has lost 50 so far on her own. I think she is eating low calorie, not sure what else her plan entails. Not to 100 yet but on our way! Best wishes!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes. In Nov. of 2010 I weighed 358 lbs. By Aug of 2011 I weighed 195. I kept it off until May of 2013 when I started to gain unexpectedly. My diet did not change but exercise did. No its not all muscle. My waist has gone up almost 2 inches and have gained 10 lbs. I joined this site to more accurately monitor food intake and exercise. Also I know that my success will increase by interacting with others. Congratulations on your success,
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You guys are all SO amazing!! I've been on MFP for awhile now, but never kept with it so I haven't gotten anywhere. Looking forward to the day I can post a success story much like all of yours! Glad this thread was started - I'll be looking at it again and again for motivation in the coming weeks!! You guys ROCK! :smokin:
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost 134 in 9 months without surgery, still have 40 to go.
  • tab0423
    Options
    I have lost 98 pounds in 10 months without surgery. I started out at 294 and am currently 196. Last October I was referred to a Bariatric Clinic. I was required to follow a 6 month program before I would even be recommended for surgery. Well, I started logging every day on MFP and exercising. I started to lose weight and inches. I had not felt that good in years! At the end of the 6 month program, I had lost over 60 pounds! I told the surgeon that I did not wish to proceed with surgery and he wholeheartedly concurred. I continue to log in every day and work toward my goal weight. I do not judge those who have surgery but suggest that everyone tries the alternative first. Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!