Worst excuses for not going to the gym...

Options

Replies

• Boobarella2
    Options
    "I just had a shower, I dont want to get sweaty!"

Lol which is what I have said to myself many a time.
  • kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Forgot headphones at home
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    "i'll go tomorrow"
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hahahah
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    TOOO many hardbodies go there..lol
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thats what i do, too, and i love it. Altho you might try the gym daycare. Our 3 year old is crazy about it and cries when its time to go. I wish I wouldve started bringing her sooner.

i guess i dont know how to reply to certain posts. Duh
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1) its snowing xx

Really? Ever spin out?
    Except if its a blizzard. I guess then you can shovel.

Yeah...I live 30 miles from anything like a gym...so snow may very well be a good reason to stay home.

I'm with the OP on this one.

Ha we were slammed by Nemo this weekend. Snow was certainly a valid reason to not go to the gym. It's a hard thing to when you have +18" inches of snow and unclear roads. Shoveling was a good workout though.

Define "It's snowing". When I think of "it's snowing" that's like 4-6"......tops. Not "there's a snowstorm".

FWIW, 12-18" won't keep me from the 4min drive to the gym.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    "There's no point because I already ate like crap today. Might as well start tomorrow."

I'm totally guilty of this one on bad days. :sad:
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i only skip if im really sick or really really sore from doing weight lifting
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1) its snowing xx

Really? Ever spin out?
    Except if its a blizzard. I guess then you can shovel.

Yeah...I live 30 miles from anything like a gym...so snow may very well be a good reason to stay home.

I'm with the OP on this one.

Ha we were slammed by Nemo this weekend. Snow was certainly a valid reason to not go to the gym. It's a hard thing to when you have +18" inches of snow and unclear roads. Shoveling was a good workout though.

Define "It's snowing". When I think of "it's snowing" that's like 4-6"......tops. Not "there's a snowstorm".

FWIW, 12-18" won't keep me from the 4min drive to the gym.

LOL...4-6" in one storm would completely shut down the entire city of Albuquerque...the people that will be out and about will most definitely be crashing into everything. We only get a "blizzard" like this maybe once per year....LOL...my *kitten* would be home. We're actually supposed to get about an inch tonight and they're already talking about school delays and the like. We have like one snow plow here.

I have hear a lot of, "it's too cold." I always find this one interesting because every gym I've ever belonged to is heated and otherwise climate controlled for those that say, "it's too hot out."
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Got a great laugh from some of these!

And here I'm thinking of all the excuses I make to GO TO the gym or to workout (I workout at home as well). I've let the laundry & vacuuming slide for 2 weeks before because I kept saying, I'll just go to the gym & then come home & do chores... Yea, I end up working out for 2-3 hours & finally get home & it's time to get dinner together :wink:

Although I almost used the "I'm having a fat day" excuse the other day when I was bloated... then I found myself walking into the gym & it was too late to turn back since they saw me already...
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a great flame-war thread and don't want to miss it while at the gym.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My favorite one to hear people say is "I'm too fat to go to the gym".

Often followed by a "...I'll join up once I'm in better shape". :noway:
  • ktrichards06
    Options
    I have a friend that actually signed up for a gym membership for NY resolution, but has yet to come. I asked her why...

She said she wants to lose weight before she starts going so that she doesn't get made fun of.

*Smacks hand to forehead*

WTF??? And most people don't pay attention to you at the gym, so suck it up and just go is what I would tell your friend.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "It's too hot".

We're in the middle of a heatwave - legitimately. And it zaps me of any energy, and working out just gives me a headache right now. I'm going swimming at the local pool instead. Doesn't burn anywhere near as many calories as my usual gym session, but ugh...I just really have no motivation for it in this heat.
  • ABetterJayme
    ABetterJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a stomach ache and don't wanna poop myself ... >.>
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1. No time.
    2. I don't need to, I want over eat today
    3. I'm tired.
    4. I haven't played my Xbox in so long...
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm already so far over my calories that working out won't matter
  • cathmaow
    cathmaow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a stomach ache and don't wanna poop myself ... >.>

lmao working out induced poops gotta love them

I used this one frequently
    >Studying for my future
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    My "gym" is at home where I have my cardio and strength training videos, resistance band and lower body band. Unless I banish myself from my own home, there is no escaping it :ohwell: I realized a while ago that gym memberships don't work for me personally because I will always find some excuse, especially during winter in Canada. So far, this tactic has served me well!