Worst excuses for not going to the gym...

Options

Replies

• kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my biggest excuse (since I have a big chest) " I forgot my sports bra. And I'm not about to turn around to get it." I used to say the gym (Bally's / LA Fitness) was to crowded. So I joined a gym that's not so commercial.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a great flame-war thread and don't want to miss it while at the gym.

I approve of this excuse. :drinker:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I have hear a lot of, "it's too cold." I always find this one interesting because every gym I've ever belonged to is heated and otherwise climate controlled for those that say, "it's too hot out."

This "it's too cold" is for AFTER. I've walked out of many an indor ice rink or gym, still sweaty and had it freeze at -20.

Not an excuse, but that's what they mean.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    1) its snowing xx

Really? Ever spin out?
    Except if its a blizzard. I guess then you can shovel.

Once, but I respect the weather and drive as the conditions dictate.
  • alicearleevrooman
    Options
    My step sister (Who is my ride to the gym) has so many excuses. Here they are

1. (during the months of June - August) I work I drive an Ice cream truck.
    2. (During month of September) Who knows she just never took me and I didn't bother asking because I wasn't up to hearing her new excuse.
    3. (During month of October) We are going to work the haunted hayride five days out of this whole month. (Okay that was for the weekends what about the rest of the time?)
    4. Haunted hayride is over and she says she's sick.

Now the ice cream truck thing is true. However, can one really call it working when all she did was just drive while her boyfriend or 14 year old daughter were the ones getting up and serving the ice cream to the paying customers? I personally don't call that working.

Also, from november of last year we were going five days a week then she just started slowing down and then stopped going. I still exercise at home but I don't feel like I am getting enough. So, in the end my step sister is my excuse for not getting in to the gym.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like putting on a sports bra/my boobies need to breathe.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    "baby, stay under the covers with me for just a little bit longer"
    Er...there's something you can do there that would help burn calories :P
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm tired after work
  • W8G0
    W8G0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired (to go to the gym and get more energy).

This seems legit to me. There are certainly times when I go to the gym and leave feeling more tired than when I started. It's a nice thing to say that it gives you energy, but it's unfortunately not true for all of us.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'd say the "people will stare at me" excuse is pretty far from the truth.
    Most people at the gym are just there to work out. It isn't high school.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I'd say the "people will stare at me" excuse is pretty far from the truth.
    Most people at the gym are just there to work out. It isn't high school.
    I have an alumni membership at a college gym. Not that far off from high school. :ohwell:

My excuse for not "going to" my HOME "gym"... Got the carpet replaced and all the weight equipment was jammed up in a corner of the garage, waiting for me to finish putting stuff back together and unroll the new rubber mat... Which had to lie flat and air out... Now the room isn't finished, but the rack and bench are back, so no more excuses. I'll start up again, uh, Monday! Yeah! :bigsmile:
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No excuses from me. :)

Well... the only 3 possible reasons I didn't show up at gym are period, sick and social appointments.
  • Iconx15
    Options
    Tomorrow I will wok super hard !
    Old Me, you procrastinating *kitten*
  • alicearleevrooman
    Options
    No excuses from me. :)

Well... the only 3 possible reasons I didn't show up at gym are period, sick and social appointments.

Well, me being female I can fully understand the period thing. Those come at the worst time. But so far not on christmas.
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My worst excuse was "but I have to go too work today" (I work 6 sometimes 7 days a week for the past 4 years)

The old me didn't know how important time managment was.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My friend once told me his car was in the shop and he did not have a ride (both of his feet worked just fine and he lived less than one mile away from the gym).
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I dont like Jim
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like it
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I could not afford to join one!

So I brought one for less than six months subscription and now have no excuses its always in the next room.

Reebok Rower
    Kettler Elliptical
    York Exercise Bike
    Weights
    Hybrid Cycle

All second hand nearly or totally unused and in excellent condition.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I had work today, I'm tired.