Dad passed away this week

Options
124»

Replies

• terrydba
    terrydba Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My wife lost her dad about 18 months ago and her younger sister last week. My aunt passed just on Saturday. I know where you are. Good thoughts for you. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Yes this can be a difficult time and I am sending prayers to you and your family. Stay strong.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear this. my dad died when I was 15.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My Dad passed away two years ago and that was very hard for me. You totally have my prayers and my support. This can be a time of many, many emotions from great to horrible, know that each will pass in time. Bless you for reaching out for support, that is going to help you a lot! Do things that help you feel calm and collected, that will help too. Exercising, bubble baths, walks, movies, books, whatever it is that helps you. God bless you and your family as you are struggling through this!
  • smnhpkns
    Options
    So sorry for you, my thoughts are with you
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Hey Hollina. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My dad died about three weeks ago, so I can really empathize with you. If you need to talk or vent, feel free to add me or just message me. He, yourself, and your family will all be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You have my sincere condolences and anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. 128 pounds since July 1st and still going strong! Sunday before last we went to the cemetery for what would have been her father's 68th birthday. Take care, we are all praying for you and your family.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry for the loss of Your Dear Father. May you find peace, hope and love in the days ahead. Please know people do care here, and I will pray for you and your Family. May God Bless You All.
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Hiya,
    Both mum and dad have passed away, also some very good friends have gone as well.
    It is never an easy time ... my thoughts are with you.
    Be strong, give and accept love to and from those around you, and you will all get through this.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Fathers and daughters have special relationships. My dad passed away in 2006, and I still miss him every day. Nothing is like losing a parent, so I will keep you, your dad, and your family in my prayers. Things will never be the same, but they will become manageable. Your pain will lessen over time. Look into your heart and have your wonderful memories keep him alive. Take care and feel free to friend me if you want further support.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Please accept my condolences.. I'm so sorry for your loss and that of your family's.

John 5:28, 29 Scripture, Helps me when there's a death in the family.

Knowing Jesus raised people from the dead while he was on earth, and will do it again from heaven in the future, gives me comfort.

*hug*
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart:( I often think about the things..that are to come with my parents as well.....I am new too..yesterday was my first day..a friend of mine which is an RN referred me to this site..I love this site!
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent is by far one of the hardest things in the world. I lost my mom last year and it is still fresh. People say it will get easier but it hasn't - even though you go through everything (death, funeral, burial, etc) it feels like she is just away on vacation and just hasn't come back yet. Please know that you are in my prayers - It was hard for me to start a weight loss journey after my mom passed away - took me 9 months to focus on me and accept what was going on in my life - so I congratulate you and know that you are strong to start this journey and will finish with Awesome results!!
  • truebeliever93
    truebeliever93 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My thoughts go out to you and your family, I really hope you find peace and comfort at this difficult time x
  • tcmulli
    Options
    I am very sorry for you and your family. Prayers sent.