Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal and blueberries every work morning and some weekend mornings too. It's fast, easy and I always know that I have (or need to buy) the stuff for it. Lunch is almost always leftovers. Dinner varies.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Protien drink, Cascadian Farms cereal, and a glass of juice for breakfast. Peanutbutter sandwich and baked chips for lunch.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1.5 scrambled eggs and 3 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links with a bottle of water. Almost everyday!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    A trainer once told me that I should narrow down my choices for breakfast and lunch. Basically, I should eat the same meal everyday for breakfast and lunch (weekdays) to keep it easy. He said people were successful losing weight that way. I've been thinking that might be a good idea for me...just wondering what you think...

If you do eat the same thing...can you tell me what your meal is?

In the cold Winter months => Porridge (Old fashioned oatmeal with oat bran, cinnamon, flaxseed, greek yoghurt [and/or vanilla almond milk], fresh blueberries, dried cranberries or california raisins with maple syrup).

During the warmer months => Granola with Greek yoghurt /vanilla almond milk and fresh/frozen (and/or dehydrated/dried) mixed berries.

Edited to add: Same meal@Breakfast.
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually alternate between 2 basic breakfasts, but I change up the addins so it doesn't get boring. I like steel cut oatmeal with a little fruit, Greek yogurt & seeds or nuts. My alternate breakfast is egg plus eggwhites with lots of veggies & a bit of cheese.
    I usually have some type of salad for lunch with either tuna or salmon or chicken breast ( that I cook up in batches, chop & freeze). I use different addin veggies & dressings . If I am short on time to prepare, I also love having leftovers for breakfast or lunch.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have scrambled egg whites with a tbsp of bacon bits and a toasted sandwich round. In 2.5 or 3 hours I have diced peaches and half cup of low fat cottage cheese. Lunch is 4oz. Chicken, lettuce, cashews, Asian sesame dressing. Everyday Mon - Fri. Dinner changes a little but it's usually 4oz or more of beef.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Pretty much but I've always been really boring when it comes to food lol
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find that that works for me. Usually Sundays I make me time, to plan my meals for the week. Then I go shopping and then come home and cook my breakfasts and lunches for the weeks. Personally, if I had to think about coming up with breakfast and lunch all the time I would just take the easy way out which equals BAD CHOICES.

Breakfasts I will make mini frittatas, I love making low fat, low carb blueberry lemon muffins, I have enought for 2 weeks and they freeze great. I also have WW raisin bread (2 slices) and a source dessert selections yogurt.

Lunches - this week I am having WW Tomatoe Basil Pizzas, or I make something from my Quinoa Revolution cookbook. Lasagna, chili, cabbage rolls or stir fries are all great make ahead meals for the week.

Good Luck!
  • scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is a fruit and either cottage cheese or greek yogurt. Lunch I try to have a salad along the line of a chef salad to ensure a good bunch of vegetables and lean protein.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have 2 or 3 things on rotation for breakfast & lunch. 5 or so on rotation for dinner. And I eat the same snacks every day.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who do this. It seems to work for me, as I've lost 42 lbs in the last 11 months (I've been with MFP since November, which accounts for my ticker reading only 11 lbs). I am an older woman, so my calorie limit is about 1200 cal/day. I have also incorporated exercise into my life to a greater extent than I ever did before. I've never lost weight before so consistently as I have over the last year; it's clearly a happy combination of calorie restriction and the exercise.

Breakfast is 1/2 C. dry oatmeal (old fashioned) prepared with water; 1/2 C of unsweetened applesauce, and one C. of unsweetened almond milk which I divide between the oatmeal and a cup of coffee or tea.

Lunch is 2 1/2 Tablespoons of peanut butter (or I vary with other nut butters), 2 stalks of celery, and one large (or two small apples) The celery and apple slices are dipped in the peanut butter. Then, I eat "dessert": one carton of nonfat, sugar free vanilla yogurt into which I mix 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.

These meals are high in satiety for me, so I am not unduly hungry until the next meal. Good luck on your journey.
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make oat smoothies for breakfast and for lunch sometimes =)

What do you put in your oat smoothie?
  • apg2302
    apg2302 Posts: 667
    Options
    I do now yes, but I splurge at weekends.
    It's 3 slices of toast for breakfast, and rice and chicken for lunch. Food is gone in 5 minutes and I'm back being productive. Job done!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually the same: Breakfast sandwich made with 1 oz organic ham, 2 egg whites, 1 slice 2% American cheese, and 2 oz avocado on a Thomas' lite multi-grain english muffin. I like it and it fills me up.

Lunch I usually eat the same things a few times each week just because I prep most of my meals for the week on Sunday nights and I get a few servings of each thing. I will make two things for lunch each week. I make something new each week for variety.
  • MelQuinlisk
    MelQuinlisk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually blend some fruit and greek yogurt together for breakfast. I change up the fruit, though. Snack two hours later is either an apple or a handful of almonds. For the last month I have been juicing for lunch. I try to vary the vegetables, but kale is a staple. I also try not to add too much fruit - maybe an apple, some berries, or kiwi to counteract the kale. This is where I get the majority of my veggies - kale, spinach, radish, carrots, lime, mini peppers, brussel sprouts, asparagus ... it all gets juiced in the Jack LaLane then drank within 10 minutes for optimal nutrition.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat almost the same thing every week day. I switch between two breakfasts that I like, either a scrambled egg and 1 slice of turkey bacon, or a starbucks sandwich once a week. My husband did start getting bagels recently and I've been having half of one with peanut butter sometimes.

I eat generally the same salad for lunch- it slightly changes depending on the veggies available at the salad bar. I always has Romaine, spinach, some purple lettuce I don't know the name of, broccoli, cucumber, and a ginger dressing. I really love when there is soybeans, but if not I get a scoop of chickpeas. Then I get whatever else looks good that day- carrots, black beans, corn, onions, peas. Sometimes I get soup instead of salad. I am lucky and we have a great cafeteria at work.

For snacks I eat a greek yogurt everyday, some kind of fruit, or protein bars. Sometimes peanut butter toast. I also generally eat the same meals for dinner, I have about 5 that I usually eat. It's easier for me to know what I'm shopping for and that everyone in the family likes the food I make.

I don't get bored, but everyone is different. I do have more variety on the weekends though, which usually ends up being restaurant food or junk food lol.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For breakfast it tends to be the same thing. Multi-grain Cheerios and milk. Lunch is a much wider variety.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Typically, I try to standardize my meals and snacks that I do not eat at home. Today I made up my breakfast and snacks for the week so they are ready to grab on my way out the door. I work in a hospital so my lunches will consist of salad bar and if there is fish being served that day I will get that. But my breakfast and snacks are usually the same which consist of a granola/yogurt bar in the morning (which I am thinking about changing to cottage cheese and a fruit added in), but then I will have a veggie for morning snack, then lunch at work, then an afternoon snack of some whole grain crackers and a low fat string cheese. Dinner I am usually home for, but I try to do something lighter, fish and rice and veggies. I have found I do better when I am in routine and if I have things to eat throughout the day that are healthy I avoid going to the vending machines or the cafeteria for cookies. I drink a lot of water or tea throughout the day to avoid being thirsty and craving a soda.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is almost always exactly the same for me. My food diary is open, but it usually consists of peanut butter on home made multi-grain bread, coffee with cream, and a weird concoction of fibre supplements and vitamins.

Lunch will be the same for days/weeks on end, with a focus on high fiber; the last few weeks have been all about an awesome vegetarian chili I discovered recently. Some weeks it is a red lentil dal.

I try to vegetarian until dinner time, and then it almost involves some animal protein.
  • bethann223
    Options
    I used to eat peanut butter and jelly every single day for lunch. All I can say is, now I never want to see another peanut butter and jelly sandwich! I think it's dangerous to eat the same thing every day (for me at least). I get tired of it and end up eating something I shouldn't.