Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• Lbespie1
    Options
    It's my understanding that in order for your body to adequately use the extra protein you provide it, it 1) should be within 20 mins of the muscle building exercise and 2) is mostly easily accessed if it's a protein isolate (as opposed to a solid food source i.e. meats, etc due to the length of time it takes to break it down).

I personally have to change up my meals, but I always plan ahead. If I don't plan ahead, I end up skipping a meal (bad idea!) or eating poorly (also a bad idea!). :) I eat a lot of eggs, a lot of nitrate free ham or turkey and veggies.

Ultimately, I think these people are all saying that they made a decision that works for them.

Good luck you you! :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Monday through Friday, I tend to eat PB + Bread in the car on my way to work with a cup of coffee.
    Sunday's is the day I show off my omelet skills to my wife every week and remind her why she married me.
    Saturday is a bowl of cereal and the leftovers of whatever my kids didn't finish.

Lunch is whatever I can get my hands on. I plan whatever I can but I go by a couple guidelines:
    Vegetarian day on Tuesday and Thursday.
    Keep it low sodium.
    Try to eat half the portion and save the other half for dinner.

Snack:
    Might be the other half of lunch.
    When totaled, Is sometimes just as many calories as a meal.

I try to use the food log to plan my food for the day. Dinner is predictable. Bowl of rice with veggies and lean protein.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly consistent breakfast, but I HAVE to mix it up for lunch and dinner. I need variety!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things generally for a week or two, then I try and mix it up a little. That way, it's very easy on a daily basis but I don't get bored.

This is what I do. Breakfast is the same Mon-Fri (hard boiled egg, turkey bacon and coffee). Lunch and snacks Mon-Fri I ususally pick a few items and go with them for at least a week. Salads, sandwiches, or soup usually for lunch. Snacks are yogurt, fruit, veggies, cheese or crackers.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I will eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch for weeks on end. Then I'll get tired of it and switch to something else.

Has nothing to do with dieting or whatnot, it's just how I've always been.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes.....more or less. I stay within certain foods.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Weekday breakfasts are:
    1. Coffee, cream only, no sugar
    2. One of three flavors of Greek yogurt
    3. Splitting a bagel with my wife (one of four flavors)
    Not a lot of variety, but enough

Later breakfast snack of fruit, but if still hungry, another Greek yogurt

Weekday lunches
    1 cup of rice, some meat and vegie item 90% of the time-
    because my mother-in-law, born in China lives with us and makes our lunches 90% of the time.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pretty much -- at least during the week.

My weekday lunches are: greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or plain oatmeal

My weekday midmorning snack is: 6 ritz low sodium crackers with a light laughing cow cheese wedge.

It gets me started on the right foot and I look forward to it every day
  • Cynyca1031
    Options
    I agree, Oatmeal keeps me full longer. I like to stick with that.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I eat:
    Breakfast- 2 protein balls ( peanut butter), and strawberries

Mid morning snack- banana

Lunch- I mix it up a little:
    -Chicken with whole grain rice and veggies
    -Pita wrap with deli meat and veggies
    -whole grain bread sandwich with veggies on it
    -grilled cheese

Afternoon snack- Almonds or greek yogurt

I lost the first 10 lbs by just eating better- including fruit and veggies in my diet. I am now working out and focuing on strength training.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    Sort of, mondays to fridays, breakfast porridge and for dinner a green salad, its when it get to week end i find food things a bit hard, got to find or think of some way of keeping both bts together,
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. With the exception of the last couple weekends i pretty much eat the same things all the time. I call it the dog food diet
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love two egg whites (cooked in the microwave in a small round ramekin), english muffin, ff cheese (basically a homemade egg mcmuffin without canadian bacon and full fat cheese) and a ruby red grapefuit. Love it!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My breakfast switches between cereal, oatmeal, toast (all paired with fruit)

My lunches are pretty consistent. I usually have salads with additional of some kind of protein (chicken breast, turkey burger, eggs)

My dinners are sometimes the same as my lunches and sometimes I will just eat some kind of protein (see above) with vegetables. Occasionally ill make a veggie pasta.

I'm pretty picky with food but I'm trying to switch up and have variety.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It generally ends up being mostly the same things on work days one week but by the next week I'm incredibly bored and have to mix it up. I do that because it's easy to buy a big tub of Greek yogurt and cheap to make a big batch of soup. No other reason. I think you need to do what works for you. Planning is more important than anything... So that you don't get caught out.

Zara x
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Breakfast - Apple Pie Breakfast and 1 cup of coffee with 1 Tbl 1/2 and 1/2
    Morning Snack - chia seeds, Blueberries, Strawberries, Fage topped with All Bran Buds..

Lunch is never the same :-)

Same thing every morning for the last few months. Love it !

and here's the link to the apple pie breakfast if you are interested. i fix a full batch (about 10 servings) and keep it in the fridge and always good to the last serving.
    http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    same thing every day...
    5:30
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I do it makes things easy for me and I do enjoy it. I really dont feel the need for much variety sometimes ill add something but pretty much the same things. Oatmeal and yogurt for breakfeast and fruit and yogurt for lunch manly apple and bananna but some times ill get different fruits.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    same things every day...
    5:30 quick protein shake prior to work out
    7:30 my std breakfast:
    * 4 egg omlette (only 1 yoke) with 1 oz of grilled leftover salmon, 1/2 c fresh spinach, serrano peppers, 1/4 avocado, garlic, chives
    * whole grain toast with almond butter, strawberry preserves
    * 1 cup of fresh strawberries
    * 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries

every single day... ;-)
  • KilannaFit
    Options
    Weekdays Breakfast because of work
    Oatmeal with a small banana and a tablespoon of greek yogurt

Weekend Breakfast
    2 eggs with wholemeal bread soliders
    scrambled eggs with smoked salmon

Lunch - tuna and cucumber sandwich and an apple