Do you eat the same thing everyday for breakfast/lunch?

Options

Replies

• mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things generally for a week or two, then I try and mix it up a little. That way, it's very easy on a daily basis but I don't get bored.

Me too.

Same! I go through phases with things. Its worked well for me :)
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast most days - 1 scrambled egg with 15g of shredded cheese, 1/4 cup mushrooms & spinach plus a smoothie of 1/2cup water & 1/2cup milk, one cube frozen spinach, 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and fruit - usually blueberries & strawberries.

Lunch during the week is always a salad of mixed greens, 50g chicken, other veggies (depends what's in the fridge), 25g sun flower seeds and 1tbsp dressing. Plus carrots, yogurt and some fruit.

I watch both my sodium (high BP) & sugar (diabetes could be in my future) so I find it easier to keep those 2 meals fairly standard. And I don't mind the same meal over and over. Even my suppers repeat at least one day.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I usually eat two eggs (usually either basted or scrambled), two pieces of meat (bacon or sausage), and full fat Greek yogurt with a bit of fruit and Truvia.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My lunches are all over the place. Some weeks I will have a sandwich every single day. Other weeks I will make grilled chicken or do a stir fry. Some weeks are soup weeks.

This week is going to be a soup week. I'm either going to be making chili for the week or chicken noodle soup. Probably chili.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    1 whole grain Healthy Life english muffin toasted with 1 tablespoon Smucker's natural peanut butter
    or
    3 egg whites with veggies like salsa or onions and tomatoes, on 1/2 Mission Medium Flour white tortilla with 1/2 slice of cheese, toasted in the oven (it's easy and you can make it the night before)

Today, I had one eggo waffle whole grain toasted with fresh blueberries and strawberries, no syrup or butter and that was good!
    Today, I also tried 4 oz of Chobani greek yogurt plain, with a fruit cup of Del Monte diced peaches (no sugar added), and 1/4 cup of Smart Start cereal. That was really good too!

Lunch: I eat a fresh cut up veggie salad. You can make it so many different ways, cucumbers, beets, garbanzo beans, fat free cottage cheese, croutons, 2 tablespoons of lite salad dressing, kale lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, carrots.. You could go crazy with fresh cut up veggies as a salad for variety.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I used to think that way...now that I'm on mfp I want to live my life. I'll eat what i want..when i want..and keep it within my calories. Trainers...diet book gurus can all kiss my @ss. So tired of it all.
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I either have black beans and eggs or a pepperoni pizza lean pocket with string cheese every morning during the week. I then incorporate greens and protein into every meal afterwards (chicken, steak or both). I snack on Quest Bars, string cheese, and low calorie chicken sandwiches when I'm hungry between meals. Also, I have a low calorie ice cream sandwich for dessert every night. Weekends I'm a bit more flexible, but I stay within my goals. It works!
  • Luv2ChewBaca
    Luv2ChewBaca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same Breakfast 7 Days a week. Old Fashioned Oatmeal with Bananas, Raisins & Cinnamon. Lunch is usually the same 4-5 days of the week. Deli Turkey Sandwich, Greek Yogurt and a Grapefruit.

On Weekends it can vary. I have not heard that recommendation before but It really does make planning my day super easy.
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do. Like he says, it keeps it simple, plus imo there is nothing better than porridge oats in the morning to set you up for exercise
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same breakfast everyday for about a year and a half. One sliced apple dipped in 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with 2 T PB2 mixed into it. I still love it!
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Yes, because I'm picky and have a limited number of things that I both like and are easy to prepare.
  • sg351
    sg351 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't eat the same thing every day. But I eat the same 4-5 breakfasts and rotate them out. Cereal one day, smoothie one day, breakfast sandwich one day (I like those Special K flatbread things), Greek yogurt and fruit one day, etc.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tend to eat the same lunch and snacks every... single.... day (I'm not breakfast eater so that wouldn't apply). It makes planning a breeze and the logging stays simple.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I make note of the days where I get hungry sooner and the days I sustain longer. I try to repeat those meals that carry me longer and avoid those that set off cravings.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My uncle did that but he later learned he was really malnourished doing so. your body needs variety in the food.

I eat the same for breakfast at present only because i am in between pay day to but groceries which comes tomorrow.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    For breakfast i have oatmeal and for lunch I have a smart ones dinner on the days I am at work. On the days i am not i try to eat a light lunch and breakfast.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I vary between 3-4 things ieat for breakfast and lunch...but usually i eat the same all week and change it week by week. Makes for cheaper groceries
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do. I always ate mostly the same the things, but even more so now that I meal prep. My lunch for the entire week is always the same, but it varies a little each week. Since I'm meal prepping, it makes it easier to log into MFP each day because I don't have to worry with labels, etc unless my chicken weights varies. It keeps me on track for the most part. My breakfast is always the same (pretty much always a smoothie) unless I have a little extra time and opt for eggs and toast.

Edit: This week's lunch is (I wanted to change it up) spaghetti squash with turkey meatball and organic pasta sauce and a few brussel sprouts on the side. Usually it's grilled chicken and 2 sides (sweet potatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, couscous...things like that). Breakfast is a fruit a protein smoothie (fruit varies) ...1 c unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 c plain greek yogurt and 1 scoop vanilla protein.
  • GoneKona
    Options
    I eat a vegetable fritata for breakfast and turkey chili for lunch. Message me if you want the recipes.
  • Ratmonkey78
    Ratmonkey78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I typically have a list of core foods I always eat daily. I just mix it up each meal by choosing different combinations. The most important thing is to eat healthy foods that you like, that will help you stay consistent to your diet. I'd say the most important thing is to hit your daily calorie and macro-nutrient ratios. I do make sure I take a some sort of vitamin supplement so I get all my nutrients. I drink shakeology daily. Hope this helps.