Celebs that lie about their size

Options
12346»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Joylia is no troll. Some of the time and effort and heartfelt sincerity she puts in to her posts frankly amazes me. Expressing her opinion that disagrees with the OP's viewpoint is not trolling.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Joylia is no troll. Some of the time and effort and heartfelt sincerity she puts in to her posts frankly amazes me. Expressing her opinion that disagrees with the OP's viewpoint is not trolling.
    Nor is it bullying.

Just thought I'd cover that before anyone decided to accuse her of bullying. We all know how much people *love* to throw that word around on this site.
  • gabesgourmet
    Options
    Can this thread FOAD?

This!!
  • Kealihc
    Options
    Bahahaha this is so ridicuous, I'm pretty sure the OP was stating her observation (whether or not I agree with it) so everyone can calm down! You're all acting like you're waiting for these celebs to come thank you for sticking up for them in an online forum...let's all get back to fitness, yay :)

It's really a small sign of a larger problem, though, which is why people are taking the time to answer this. It is not necessarily healthy to compare oneself to any other body but one's own; weight loss, body type, size, whatever. Feeling angry, bitter, or resentful about this disconnect between one's body and expectations of one's body based on other people is similarly unhealthy (for example, if that bitterness translates into, "I think YOUR body isn't accurate to my standards or expectations"). This sort of topic has been posted before, just substitute Kim Kardashian with "my friend" or "my sister-in-law."

But if she wants to compare her body with Kim's that's her business, I just feel like she was making her own observation and was no way trying to give anyone a complex! I'm sure none of you have ever said anything against any celeb...since we love them ALL (catch the sarcasm)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    "You work at McDonald's, so obviously you set yourself up to be disrespected"!

"You make a living playing hockey, so you deserve to have some teeth knocked out!"

"You work as a telemarketer, so you deserve to be cursed at!"

"You chose to be a teacher, so you obviously WANT to be unappreciated!"

See what I did, there?

meh, those people don't make millions. i'm okay with it for those who make millions on their looks. the mcdonalds worker is just trying to get by in life. give them a break.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

when someone makes a living based on their looks, they are open to scrutiny. i don't make a living on my looks.
    Who says? And what makes you the judge? :huh:

I say. I think I just said it.
    [/quote]

I guess we should all judge the following, right? Because everyone must fit into our idea of beauty and what we consider beautiful

75115.jpg
    steve-buscemi-ugly_reasonably_small.jpg

I forgot how the moment you become a celebrity for whatever reason it may be you have no talent or worth unless they fit Aviva92's standards.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Well I certainly never would have posted this topic if I thought people would get so riled up about it. I love celeb gossip sites, mags, etc. and was simply stating my opinion. It just bothers me when people seem to be of a more average size but claim to be teeny tiny. I'm a grown woman so I'm not comparing myself to celebrities (or anyone for that matter), but I know a lot of younger girls do. Maybe Kim Kardashian is a size 2. I don't know. It was just an opinion. An observation. I don't have a nasty attitude, just a sarcastic and cynical one. I'm not sorry if you don't like it. I'm also glad you're all so quick to defend someone who's famous for being pissed on in a sex tape-no matter what size. :laugh:

What does her having a sex tape matter? And like I said, I don't give a crap if she's famous or not. I just really dislike when people start trying to tear down someone else because of what their body looks like. I didn't like it when people made fun of me or made "judgy comments about me" for having the body I did before and even the body I have now. Why would I do it to someone else?
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Well I certainly never would have posted this topic if I thought people would get so riled up about it. I love celeb gossip sites, mags, etc. and was simply stating my opinion. It just bothers me when people seem to be of a more average size but claim to be teeny tiny. I'm a grown woman so I'm not comparing myself to celebrities (or anyone for that matter), but I know a lot of younger girls do. Maybe Kim Kardashian is a size 2. I don't know. It was just an opinion. An observation. I don't have a nasty attitude, just a sarcastic and cynical one. I'm not sorry if you don't like it. I'm also glad you're all so quick to defend someone who's famous for being pissed on in a sex tape-no matter what size. :laugh:

It's actually not an act of defending Kim kardashian per se. A lot of people here are around that size (size 2 or 4) including myself who are curvy and maybe petite in height. That's the reason why your post could have struck a sensitive cord for several people.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Who cares what size anyone claims to be? Hell, I'll be a size 0 today.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm not body shaming and she's a celebrity. A public figure. Someone who puts herself out there to be scrutinized. I'm not talking about a co-worker or friend here. Jeez. Y'all need to lighten up.

While I don't think you're body shaming (whoever said that is just trolling), I don't think your argument is valid. It doesn't matter if its a celebrity, your mom, your cat, or someone you met on MFP. That still wouldn't make it acceptable. (again...I don't think the OP was shaming at all)

Actually, no..I wasn't trolling..but thanks for the assumption. Also, I'm wondering how that would be considered trolling...

Quoted from the OP :
    I mean you just look at them and you're like "uh, your right *kitten* cheek wouldn't fit in a size 2".

Right. Tell me again how that's not body shaming?

If someone on MFP put up a picture with a body build and height that resembled closely to Kim Karsdashian and said they were a size 2...would it be okay for her to say, "Look, your *kitten* cheek wouldn't fit in a size 2. It's okay to own up to being a 4 or 8"....you are telling me that's not body shaming?

Its trolling because you're just trying to get a rise out of the OP, as you do on every other thread you comment on. While I don't agree with ANYTHING the OP has posted thus far, I didn't interpret her post as shaming. I don't think that the purpose of her post was to body shame. Do I think its an ignorant post? Absolutely. :drinker:

Are you serious? Joylia? She's usually the positive voice of reason on every post she's in.

Awww thank you Firstsip and Suns :flowerforyou:

And honestly, the reason this bugs me so much is that I am sure that a lot of people here (including myself) have had someone tease or be overly critical about some part of their body...and it amazes me how quick so many are willing to get all judgmental about others...regardless of social status. Is this the thing we fight to get over for ourselves as well as our children? To stop with the negative body images and such?

How is going, "Oh, pfft. She certainly ain't no size 2" really teaching our kids and our selves? That it's okay to hate on someone's body image because they are famous? That a size 2 or 4 or 0 has to "look" a certain way in person as well as on television/photographs in order to be a "correct" size?

Edited to correct typos

Like I've already said, I agree with you 100%. I don't agree with this thread or anything the OP has said in her own defense. But as far as body shaming, if by the definition that's what she did, fine. But I don't think that was her INTENTION. I think HER insecurities are what brought her to post this thread...I don't think it was done maliciously.

Raise your hand if you've never dealt with insecurities.

Maybe she was insensitive with her words but guess what, we're all human and we all make mistakes. I know I do. :drinker:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Maybe her thighs are smaller than mine but it's mentioned somewhere her waist is 39 inches. Mine is 40 inches and I wear a size 11. So I don't really get it....

I think it was her hips that someone mentioned were 39 inches, not her waist (I only know that because when I read that I compared my own to this )

Bur really just bumping for interest. I have no concept of what size she really is but I find this a surprisingly interesting read.
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    Does everyone in here who is a size 2-4 have 39 inch hips?
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Maybe her thighs are smaller than mine but it's mentioned somewhere her waist is 39 inches. Mine is 40 inches and I wear a size 11. So I don't really get it....

i think they said her hips are 39 inches, not her waist.
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options

I think it was her hips that someone mentioned were 39 inches, not her waist (I only know that because when I read that I compared my own to this )

Bur really just bumping for interest. I have no concept of what size she really is but I find this a surprisingly interesting read.

I meant hips. I have 40 inch hips, one inch bigger than hers and I'm no where near a size 2 so I don't get how she really is a size 2.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It is an opinion, and you have your right... however, we have our right to respond. Your opinion, for example, is that a "Size 2" is teeny-tiny, but as "non-celebs" have claimed here, height, proportions, brand, etc. all play a role in sizing, and a size 2 on one girl may look entirely different on another.

And I may not be keen on Kim Kardashian, anyway, but I don't judge her for a sex tape, either. OP, if you posted a comment like this on gossip blogs or forums (like ONTD), you would have gotten the exact same reaction you did here; even the "pop culture" community is pretty aware of the issues of body image and body shaming, particularly with celebrities.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

What does her having a sex tape matter? And like I said, I don't give a crap if she's famous or not. I just really dislike when people start trying to tear down someone else because of what their body looks like. I didn't like it when people made fun of me or made "judgy comments about me" for having the body I did before and even the body I have now. Why would I do it to someone else?

There you go speaking about things you don't know about. She never got pissed on in the sex tape. :wink: Maybe you should just quit while you're behind lol
  • Aviva92
    Options

I forgot how the moment you become a celebrity for whatever reason it may be you have no talent or worth unless they fit Aviva92's standards.

what? what does this have to do with what i stated?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    when someone makes a living based on their looks, they are open to scrutiny. i don't make a living on my looks.

I say. I think I just said it.
    "You work at McDonald's, so obviously you set yourself up to be disrespected"!

"You make a living playing hockey, so you deserve to have some teeth knocked out!"

"You work as a telemarketer, so you deserve to be cursed at!"

"You chose to be a teacher, so you obviously WANT to be unappreciated!"

See what I did, there?

meh, those people don't make millions. i'm okay with it for those who make millions on their looks. the mcdonalds worker is just trying to get by in life. give them a break.

So people who have money DESERVE disrespect? Slippery slope, there. How would you know who is rich and who's not, and how to treat everyone around you? Best to just treat everyone the same, don't you think?

If you had a daughter who was beautiful and made a living off her good looks, would you honestly be ok with ppl saying rude things about her? Or would you think it was ok just because she's rich?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It's part of their biz. Some celebs are as good as the number on their dress tag in the eyes of the industry shotcallers. Don't know why people get all huffy when someone famous says they're x-size.

And um, hello weight fluctuations? Do you think celebs stay at a fixed weight forever? :laugh:
  • Aviva92
    Options

I meant hips. I have 40 inch hips, one inch bigger than hers and I'm no where near a size 2 so I don't get how she really is a size 2.

yeah, i have 39 inch hips and i'm not a size 2 either. i'm not sure how sizes work exactly though. i have a bigger waist than her though.
This discussion has been closed.