Yet Another "Why Women Should Lift" Thread

Options
124»

Replies

• flying182
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Just what I was looking for today, what a coincidence :)
    Congrats! You look amazing!

Do you have any information on beginners weight training? I'm looking to start adding lifting to my workout routine (just doing interval jogging right now - only been back on the weight loss track for 2 weeks) but have little to no experience. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

I'm sure other people on here will have advice about heavy lifting, but this is the one I'm using at the moment: http://produmbbellworkouts.com/dumbbell-routines/full-body-high-volume/

You just need dumbbells, which I already have, although when I move somewhere bigger I'd like to get some proper weights.

I use as heavy weights as I can manage and I'm combining this with running three times a week and really enjoying it and getting good results.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce!
  • chamorita79
    chamorita79 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! You look amazing!! I also weight lift and do it 4-5 times a week.!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!

Im lifting heavy havent seen a change on the scale since I started January the 2nd but my clothes are definitely more loose. Just gotta keep reminding myself not to let the scale rule my head.

Wise words. I started in January and have lost 6lbs... but more importantly two inches off my waist. Give me inches any day of the week ;)

Inches lost is an awesome gain. Well done :)
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I really needed this today. A friend of mine called and told me how many lbs she had lost. I was like wow no fair but then I realize that I have lost lbs but the inches are the most important. Thanks for the reminder!!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Why should women lift?

Because it's hot.

end thread.

:smokin:
  • SRH7
    Options
    I love lifting, too. I am 55. Started lifting pretty seriously at 41. Stopped for about 8 years and took it up again in November. In addition to toning and slimming, it also helps with the aging thing, something that wasn't really a big concern at 41 and is increasingly so at 55. Aging is essentially loss of strength. There are just so many benefits. Doctors tell me now to do more reps and use lighter weights, but I was amazed how soon I adjusted to lifting again after such a long break.

You look awesome!!

Really good points - thanks for the inspiration :)
  • SRH7
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!

Im lifting heavy havent seen a change on the scale since I started January the 2nd but my clothes are definitely more loose. Just gotta keep reminding myself not to let the scale rule my head.

Wise words. I started in January and have lost 6lbs... but more importantly two inches off my waist. Give me inches any day of the week ;)

And I ate real food, not dust, to get those results ;)

Remember girls - if you want killer bodies then get the right fuel when lifting weights! See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    I have been lifting here and there, but plan to start ChaLEAN extreme soon 100% full on. =) Feel free to add me, fellow lifting women!!! =)
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Excellent Job!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!!!

And I ate real food, not dust, to get those results ;)

Remember girls - if you want killer bodies then get the right fuel when lifting weights! See http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

lol yes, currently eating TDEE -20% but rounded it to 2000 cal instead of 2158. Gonna be a struggle eating that many healthy calories.
  • krobinson21
    krobinson21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You...look...AMAZING!!!!! I am so impressed! Good for you for sticking to something! Sometimes it takes a minute for a good program to kick in and to start seeing results. You are AWESOME for sticking with it and even MORE AWESOME for getting the results you have! Good job lady! Keep up the good work! :)
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WTG! you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!