UNFAIR!! I'l probably get slated for this but here goes!

Options
Hey guys, I just want to get something off my chest. I know most on here are here to lose the weight and jump the hoops. I know how hard it is to stay focused and positive! One bad day can have you running for the comfort food right? But, I'm seeing someone who gives out support to all their friends and when I visit their profile page,..well, lets just say I've noticed that no-one seems to say anything positive back! My comments are still on top from the previous day!

Why is this?? Can we not just stop going on with the "ME ME ME" attitude? We all have busy lives and crap things going on I know, but, it takes ONE minute to say "good job" OR "you can do it" to keep someone on track and put that smile back on their face to let them know someone has their back!

Please lets support our friends in the right way. Not just to gain numbers, it's not facebook. I know I'm going to try harder.

❤ Thanks for listening and good luck with your own personal journey and stay positive because YOU CAN DO IT!! ❤

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That can be rough.

Lately I've been having to force myself to get onto MFP and be supportive - even posting in the forums is difficult right now. There's a host of external reasons, but the truth is that I need to be there for my friends, too.

Good to be reminded of that. Thank you.
  • april1445
    Options
    I don't know if I'm getting your message right, but I have dropped friends, and I keep the friends who I feel a connection with. Maybe that person needs better friends?
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It is good to be reminded. I know I get wonderful support and try to give it also but sometimes I just don't. It is important for sure, there have been tons of times recently the only thing that kept me on track was knowing all of my friends out here were doing the same thing and I wanted to stay one of them. Good Post!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great posture, if that is you in the picture. Nice peaceful picture as well. Have a Good Day! : 0 )
  • Wickedone1973
    Options
    I have experienced this myself. Everyone wants encouragement, but rarely can they take the time to offer encouragement.
  • lizie72
    lizie72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I do make comment to my friends on mfp. I need all the support so I give it back. I think you doing a great job. Keep it up...
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    POSITIVE ATTITUDE = POSITIVE RESULTS

WE ALL HAVE A COMMON GOAL ON HERE....WHETHER IT BE TO GAIN OR LOSE WEIGHT....BUT THE COMMON GOAL IS TO LIVE A HEATHLY LIFE AND LIVE LONG WITHOUT THE FEAR OF VISITING THE HOSPITAL CONSTANTLY IN OUR SENIOR YEARS.

PEACE, LOVE. HEALTH

WISHING YOU THE BEST IN ACHEIVING YOUR GOALS
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Op you are awesome!! I have been here for 5 months now but still every "good job"/"Wtg" ppl write on my wall makes me very happy(i never thought i would be this needy ever lol).Support rocks and therefore i try and encourage others as much as i can
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That can be rough.

Lately I've been having to force myself to get onto MFP and be supportive - even posting in the forums is difficult right now. There's a host of external reasons, but the truth is that I need to be there for my friends, too.

Good to be reminded of that. Thank you.

You're a great friend. Everyone is allowed a break from being supportive. I can't speak for the rest of your friends' list but I just want you to get to feeling better. And here's a pug to make you smile:

49750-screen-licker-pug_zpsc0410c10.gif

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about friend collectors, not people who just need to sit things out for awhile for personal reasons.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well put. I am always trying post some positive notes for people. Sometimes it only takes a little encouragement to get them past that next hurdle.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Love the pug!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I think some people maybe don't realise they're getting messages on their feed. You get an email alert but you don't get one at the top of the screen like for messages or friend requests, and not everyone uses their main email address for joining forums so maybe they're not picking up the email notifcations. Or they're going into their spam folder or something. It's not necessarily the case they'r'e deliberately ignoring messages. Maybe they forgot to check their feed or something.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    you are right! my problem is i added too many friends! so sometimes its hard to go through every post for the day. i stopped commenting on the exercise posts and the completed diaries. but if they are posting self written comments, i do try. and if they post any weight loss i try to comment.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that kick in the butt.
  • healthyheartRN
    Options
    I agree, I just deleted the friends I had, and withdrew from two groups because of the same reason. I don't have any bad feelings over it, just realized I'm doing fine on my own so why get wrapped up in all the drama and hoopla. I RARELY got any feedback. So I will be the support I need.
  • ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Your absolutely right, funny thing is I read this after I went through my feed to give a pat on the back to my friends. I do give them support but I could do so more often.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I know I comment to every single person on my friends list...sometimes I hear back from a lot of them, sometimes not. I try not to let it get to me either way. I just love being here and motivating people and being motivated by their successes!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    There's someone on my FL who regularly puts status's about deleting people that are not interacting with him. The joke is this person had never ONCE commented on my wall...I have stopped bothering to comment now.

What a hypocrite, in fact it reminds me of a huge proportion of people...they expect so much but give so little in return.
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To tell you the truth, it really bothers me when people only say "Good job" or "WTG"... I'd like to be called out on any issues I would have in my food diary and for people to actually offer advice when I ask about weight lifting issues. Sure it is nice to say nice little comments here and there, but it is overall not very helpful.
  • BobbieFromBunn
    Options
    Great post I just started here and I know it would make me feel good to have a little encouragement. I will make sure to do the same for others. Have a blessed day