To eat egg yolks or not?!

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am not a nutritionalist-but here goes-
    I eat 1, and 2 whites-for omlets, or for hard boiles eggs.
    The lean protein in the whites, is amazingly low cal and also high protein. I eat the fat as well to help me not be starving in ten mintutes.

But you will prob hear several different answers pro or con!

Faulkner's on the same trail I am...:)

If I make an omelet or scrambled eggs, I do one regular egg and then add an egg white or two. I like the reduced calories and I still feel satisfied when I'm done eating. :) When I make hard-boiled eggs, I'll make two or three and then share a couple of the yolks with my dog. She loves me for it! :)

My dogs also get the yolks when I decide on whites only. They are happy puppies.
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I typically eat the yolks and give half of the whites to the dog!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    This question again. You can always use the search option in the forums. Just eat the yolk, it's less waste. Plus there are tons of vitamins and minerals in the yolk that you don't get in the white.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Egg yolk is the best part! Plenty of good stuff chucked in there...course..you do still (like any food) have to keep in mind your goals and macros.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This question again. You can always use the search option in the forums. Just eat the yolk, it's less waste. Plus there are tons of vitamins and minerals in the yolk that you don't get in the white.

Don't tell me what I can't do
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am starting to eat whole eggs - yolks and whites. The USDA has been feeding us a crock for most of our lives about how fat causes heart disease.

Turns out fat is not the enemy.

From Forbes: researchers recently discovered lost data from a 40-year-old study on heart disease, analyzed the lost data, and discovered … wait for it … the animal fats we’ve been consuming for hundreds of thousands of years appear to be better for our health than the chemically extracted vegetable oils we’ve only been consuming for the past 100 years.

Or check out science writer Tom Noughton's site Fat Head: The Movie. He produced a documentary on fat findings.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't waste them. Even if you really don't want to eat them (I would, though), use them and let other people eat it.

Use leftover egg yolk and make lemon curd, pastry cream, hollandaise, creme brulee, key lime pie, etc.
    The options are endless.

It won't hinder your weight loss to eat the yolks.

Please note: I am trying to be helpful. My post is not meant to be rude and/or negative in any way.
  • Sorashi
    Options
    Highly fat foods are not the enemy. BAD fats are. Eat the yolks! They have good fats and are delicious :)
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Eat them. I ate eggs throughout my entire weight loss journey and they did not yield me one bit in my success! Like others have said, if I am making an omelette, than I will have one whole egg, and one(or 2) egg whites.

Good luck!
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Maybe not one per day but eat it!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am starting to eat whole eggs - yolks and whites. The USDA has been feeding us a crock for most of our lives about how fat causes heart disease.

Turns out fat is not the enemy.

From Forbes: researchers recently discovered lost data from a 40-year-old study on heart disease, analyzed the lost data, and discovered … wait for it … the animal fats we’ve been consuming for hundreds of thousands of years appear to be better for our health than the chemically extracted vegetable oils we’ve only been consuming for the past 100 years.

Or check out science writer Tom Noughton's site Fat Head: The Movie. He produced a documentary on fat findings.

Tom Noughton is now a science writer? He isn't very well suited for science writing when he gets basic things wrong
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Maybe not one per day but eat it!

i think 3-4 per day is the sweet spot
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    EAT THE EGG YOLKS.

You could eat eggs everyday if you wanted, My sister's paleo, eat's them everyday and guess what, she's fine.

Egg yolks aren't evil.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Don't waste them. Even if you really don't want to eat them (I would, though), use them and let other people eat it.

Use leftover egg yolk and make lemon curd, pastry cream, hollandaise, creme brulee, key lime pie, etc.
    The options are endless.

It won't hinder your weight loss to eat the yolks.

Please note: I am trying to be helpful. My post is not meant to be rude and/or negative in any way.

REPORTED ANYHOW!!!!

God, you're so mean!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I eat both depending on what other ingredients I put in my omelettes.

I am apt to eat more yolks if they are cage free and have the opprotunity to roam and eat bugs etc...the eggs taste and look so much healthier.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

John?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I also wouldn't like the taste of eggs without the yoke.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options

John?

Nice catch
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Eat them. They are high in cholesterol, but it is a very small percentage of people who are negatively affected by dietary cholesterol.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its a natural food folks, eat them as God intended:wink: