Non gym goers, show me your results!

Options

Replies

• mkeegs
    Options
    You don't need a gym or equipment to get in shape! As a matter of fact I'm in the best shape of my life without either one of those things! Two things- TABATAS and BODY WEIGHT EXERCISES. You will see results!!
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    E172176B-A7A4-44F7-BAED-702CFE04FACF-6967-000004441E4E43B5.jpg

Jillian Michaels, p90x some eleptical and running!! That's all I have done.

LOVE YOUR PROGRESS....I would kill to have that Core.....

Everyone looks amazing and Yeah to #TeamNoExcuses you guys rock...
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    An inspiring thread. Am building up to 30 day shred (DVD still in its cellophane ... But not for long!)
  • lease1981
    Options
    534841_4880116794635_1036704487_n_zpsb61137db.jpg
    154796_4880116434626_1764735730_n_zpsecd51ca1.jpg

i went from 220ish to 199 without a gym.

okay. i have a gym membership, but i've only used it twice..........

you look amazing and i love your ticker:)
  • lease1981
    Options
    i workout at least three days a week. i go to a boot camp, but when i can't make it i do the same style of body weight exercising at home (it's the sort of exercises you do for the insanity workout). occasionally i go jogging as well.

b&a2.jpg

you look great:)
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    <
    p90x and insanity till the day I die or until I decide that I want to put on some muscle mass then ill get a gym membership lol
  • RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    20 lbs down in 5 months. Never ever been to a gym!
    All with reducing my food intake and walking. Lots and lots of walking. Six days a week for one hour at a very brisk pace. If it's raining then the treadmill for 40 minutes with incline.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    All my progress has been home grown. My pics are on my profile. I've done Insanity, 30ds, ri30, and now Chalean Extreme. You toooootally don't need the gym unless you're trying to get into body building competitor mode. I would however suggest resistance bands and dumbbells to supplement at home cardio routines.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics FTW! (Or call them Insanity, P90X, Crossfit...whatever new marketed thing it is)

http://www.fortressbody.com/calisthenics/
  • eastonna
    eastonna Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    941c74cd-491e-4c98-bdf2-26189c250dcc.jpg

I've lost about 30lbs just by working out at home. I use the Turbo Fire DVD's and I'm just now going to start adding some more stuff in. Works amazingly well.
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    19.3 kg down in 3 month and 8 days. Lost 6" from waist.
    Stationary biking and walk only.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have b4 and after photos on my page. I have a collage of 4 photos-from start, then after one round of jillian michaels body revolution, then after round 2 of body rev, and then after insanity. I am back to weights and hoping to get toned and trim! Who needs a gym
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do everything in my basement though I did go to Curves for less than a year.
    I have pics on my profile...
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I still don't have a membership (though I would still kill for one!) but the work is still paying off :)

1e8f6ee7-e6a2-41c8-ba03-581c50d4074f_zpsfbe705b1.jpg
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Here's pictures of me at different points in my life.

In the Army, sometime in 1995. Never used a gym. Pushups, situps, leg lifts, bicycles, squats, lunges, running, sprints .... working hard every day, etc. I weigh about 160 here, can run 2 miles in under 12 minutes and do 80 pushups and 80 situps each in 2 minutes.
    tumblr_mh9f1z8WDE1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg
    On stage receiving an award last April. I weigh 218 and, as I found out shortly, I could barely run 1 mile without stopping and walking. I'm the one in the middle who can't button his suit jacket and my tie sticks out funny cause of my belly.
    tumblr_mh1xg3xLLi1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg

So, I saw that picture (plus some really bad doctor's visits where I was essentially told I was going to die young) and started making changes. I changed my nutrition to low carb. And I added exercise. Just running and walking first.

Here I am in Nov, 2012 after 4 months. I have lost 20 lbs and can now run 2 miles without stopping. I could button this jacket, but I hadn't cause it was still a bit tight. Notice that my face isn't puffy fat and and the tummy is going away.
    tumblr_mh1xp0O1E31r5lqo2o1_500.jpg
    Now, here I am yesterday, 2/12/2013. In late January I was able to run 2 miles in 18 minutes, 30 seconds ... that's 1 full minute faster than the minimum physical fitness standard of the Army for a man my age! And I was down to 191 lbs (a 27 lb loss, total). I started Tony Horton's Power90 (not P90X, that's next). I snapped this pic with my phone at work cause I suddenly realized I was buttoning this coat comfortably. I last was able to do that in 2006, as I recall.
    tumblr_mi6lu11cQE1r5lqo2o1_500.jpg
    sorry ladies, no pics without my shirt on. I have those, but they are for my personal motivation and to keep me from quitting.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I did have a gym membership before I moved for work in July 2012, I lost some weight but still ate crap. Now I'm eating much, much better and jogging and I've been losing a good amount of weight. I kind of want a gym membership again because I miss lifting, but I just don't have the money for it and I know I would waste it by not going in when I should. Only really lost 12 pounds so far but in a few months I should be down to my goal weight.
  • hunttmama
    hunttmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had two children in rapid succession in my late 30's. My youngest is 5, now and I saw a picture of myself at her birthday party in August and thought, "Wow. I'm a fat girl. If I were to describe me, I'd say the blond lady, kinda heavy-set." Never again.

I started MFP, made some friends and drafted a few more. By December, I'd lost 18 pounds. Here we are in February and I'm down 25! I am in slow loss mode. I'd like to lose 8 more by Summer. We have such a busy schedule that I simply don't have time to exercise in ernest (I used to be a training junkie), so this has been perfect. If I can find the pictures, I'll post them (I think I subconsciously destroyed them, however).

This has been an amazing experience. I am so grateful not to hate looking in the mirror! :wink:
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never have had a gym membership. Lost all my weight walking and doing TaeBo DVD's at home. After I hit goal, I rewarded myself with Kung Fu...no equipment, just all body resistance 2-3x a week.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Check my profile. Mainly suspension training, good nutritional habits, and jump rope for cardio.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!