Options

Replies

• gpteran
    Options
    how do you post pics?
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have never gone to a gym and lost quite a bit. I'm 29 and around 5'8".
    My highest weight was around 260, size 24
    Lowest was 139, size 5/6

Currently back on track to hitting 139 again after having twins, only around 13 lbs left!!

It's been my opinion that a healthy lifestyle is just that....move around, monitor food intake, and stay consistent! <3
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • potissimus
    Options
    I find it very hard to loose any weight by going to the gym because my appetite gets crazy. .
  • amandarobinson86
    Options
    hey, i do cardio at home with videos. its great!!! I just started again so i dont really have any photos to show at the moment but I am on the right track. plus i weight train too....its starting to look good, but man am i sore
  • Julzygirl06
    Julzygirl06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! That you are amazing! Thank you for sharing...
  • dazza_098
    dazza_098 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    smaller88kgs_zps1d4e32b7.jpg

never used the gym just did mainly cardio and walked a fair bit since i study music i walk to and from my campus
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    8 pounds and over 2 inches off my waist since starting MFP in beginning of Jan. 2013..no gym..stationary bike, yoga, walking and free weights..also do some crazy uncoordinated dancing:-) plus..my pjs can also double as workout clothes here in my house!
  • never124get
    Options
    I haven't been to a gym but I do a Zumba or Cardio session 6 times a week for an hour in my living room!...14 lbs down so far and it's been a little over a month!! I really need to start weight training though...might jump and buy some free weights soon.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    how do you post pics?
    [ img ] [/img ]
    insert picture between the image tags and remove the spaces between the img letters (leave the backslash to close the tags) and brackets
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    Was a gym rat in the past, but have gained weight and I stopped paying the gym fees ($50/month). I decided to get the Fitbit and walk in areas that had some stairs, too. After an hour the Fitbit showed that I burned 500+ calories - I thought no way. Then I went out with a polar HRM and it calculated my calories at over 500!

Seems that I walk about 5 miles and go up 24 floors (and down) and is the equivalent of the La Danta Pyramid (picture in this post). I do this walk at least 5x per week and enjoying getting out as it really doesn't seem like exercise. For my first 2 weeks with eating well and walking - I have lost 10 pounds!

6r3cl5.jpg

I can certainly keep this up!

I am so waiting for summer to start walking, I like the idea of finding stairs I hadn't thought about that. I am on my 2nd round of losing. I lost 29 last year and due to some circumstances beyond my control lost all of my time and space to keep it up. When things settled down I foudn I had gained back 20 pounds! My goal this year is to keep it off, and I think just by tracking what I eat and continuing to exercise I can do it. I have never been to a gym, I would never work out in front of my husband, friends or family. Why would I want to do it in front of strangers!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    8 pounds and over 2 inches off my waist since starting MFP in beginning of Jan. 2013..no gym..stationary bike, yoga, walking and free weights..also do some crazy uncoordinated dancing:-) plus..my pjs can also double as workout clothes here in my house!

Exactly pj's are the best workout clothes! I also find that having the elliptical in my living room I end up getting on it several times in an evening.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been losing steadily since I started MFP (was 162 pounds and am now 136) and I certainly am NOT a gym-goer. I just make sure my calories don't go over, and when they do, I exercise a little until I fit into the day's calorie slot. Or if I'm going to be eating a big meal later, I exercise a lot in advance. Simple math. It doesn't matter to me what I do, it's all about the numbers. I might do jumping jacks, jog on the spot in the house, take a brisk walk (even 5 minutes burns SOME calories), heck, I might even just jump up and down. Now, my body isn't bikini-toned or anything, but everyone's different, and this is what I can stick to, and it's working.
  • wayovlife
    wayovlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We have a treadmill and I walk/run for 35 min. and I am plugged in to my iPod and the tv with cc on :) it keeps me busy, I get the days news and the time goes very fast. The last 5 minutes, I grab some weights and do some arm exercises. I then do crunches. Overall, approx. a 40 min workout. My husband will watch 1/2 a movie or a show off of Netflix while he works out. We had a gym mem. and I just couldn't get out of bed on a cold, snowy morning to drive 10 min there and pretty much do what I'm doing now. When the weather is nice, I mix it up with running outside. Been averaging about 4/week for years although like most humans, have my off weeks or I might workout for 5 days/week. I am working on the last 10lbs from being 20lbs overweight. I have found that most of my weight loss is from diet. So I don't have to "kill" myself with working out. My husband has discovered the same thing. Always worked out but until he got serious with his food intake, he didn't lose weight. sorry, don't have pics
  • TaniaMagiki
    Options
    Wow! Really motivating pictures!!! Congratulations!! I look up to you hoping to upload my "transformation" photos some time!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Not one day in the gym.... 218 in the before 118 after Don't let not being able to afford or have time for a gym membership stop you from getting healthy. You don't have to have machines to get active.

IMG_6191_zps8a275207.jpg

523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

You can see a bit more about the kinds of exercise I did here if you are interested:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Not one day in the gym.... 218 in the before 118 after Don't let not being able to afford or have time for a gym membership stop you from getting healthy. You don't have to have machines to get active.

IMG_6191_zps8a275207.jpg

523645_10151118518819249_1216817339_n2.jpg

You can see a bit more about the kinds of exercise I did here if you are interested:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/i-lost-weight-tricia-baker_n_2567788.html
    I read your story, what an inspiration - thanks for sharing
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I started on 02/24/12 at 247 pounds, with a BMI of 38.8. I was unable to stand up straight or walk the entire length of my house. It wasn't just the weight I had gained, I also have/had arthritis in my lower back, as well as asthma. I started out doing light exercise at home, along with eating properly. I couldn't even walk 2 minutes, at first, but I kept pushing myself harder, as the days went by. Before I knew it, I had built myself up to 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 15, 30, 60, 90. Now, almost a year later, I hike and snowshoe all over beautiful Washington state. I can't recall the last time I needed my inhaler and my back only bothers me if I really overdo it now. Also, I have managed to lose 92 pounds and my BMI is down to 24.4. I'm 5' 7" tall and I'll be 56 years old in a couple months.

Not one time did I set foot in a gym, until 2 weeks ago. I have decided that I want to build more muscle than I can attain with my home equipment. So, now I go to the gym 5 times a week and I absolutely love it. The picture shows me on day 1 (Crappy cell phone photo) and last week.

If I can do it, anyone can. The most important thing for me has been my mindset. I can do anything that I think I can do. I can't do anything that I think I can't do. I think I can do anything I want, so I do. The mind is a powerful thing. You have to believe in yourself or you set yourself up to fail. Good luck to you! :happy:

almost1year_zpsf39123b6.jpg
    Great job - I have not taken a before pic, I think I should do that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!