Healthy Recipes - FAIL!

Options
124»

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The microwave pumpkin pie recipe..didnt like the texture.(i am a huge texture person) Pretty nasty!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I saw a recipe on Pinterest that said to mash a ripe banana and then mix with 2 eggs to make banana pancakes. I thought it was a cool idea. I basically ended up with scrambled eggs with bananas in them! How anyone got this to work is beyond me! The thought makes me gag now!

haha i actually made this and it didnt turn out to bad! NOTHING like the real thing, but hubby and kids enjoyed. :):)
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    One of my worst recipe disasters... I tried to make portabella mushroom soup. Tossed the veggies and the shrooms and the stock in the crockpot and let it cook, expecting the house to smell like veggie mushroom-y goodness. Sounds good right?

Found out that portabellas are more meant for baking and frying... not soup-ing. They wound up turning the soup pitch black from the spores in them and made it taste like licking a rusty iron pipe. Quite gross. Even the hubby couldn't eat it.... one of the few dishes that I've tossed.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    saving for later, these are cracking me up.

I tried the oatmeal banana cookies and my husband and kids said look Mom they bounce like bouncy balls we can just play ball with them. I threw them out!
  • catsnap213
    catsnap213 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    clean diet stuffed jalapeño peppers. NASTY!
  • maggiegriesmer
    maggiegriesmer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Box of brownie mix + can of pumpkin =rubbery playdough.......

ew. i agree. sat around until i needed my brownie pan for a real batch a week or so later...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    :
    Box of brownie mix + can of pumpkin =rubbery playdough.......

I did this. Effin Disgusting.

The cake mix+diet soda was amazing. Oh and 2 egg whites. Light and fluffy. Tha bomb!!

this does not sound healthy , either way :tongue:
  • amberlestep
    amberlestep Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Quinoa....everyone tells me how delicious it is.

I tried it, three times, each time cooking it the way someone else told me was delicious.

No. It is not delicious. It is tasteless and weird textured.

My husband requested that I stop making it, because, in his words "there is not enough butter in the world to make THAT taste like food...even bacon won't help".

I'm an experienced cook. People love my food, but this is one thing, I cannot cook in a way that is palatable at all.

I AGREE!!! yucky.
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    Those banana + oat " cookies " piss me off.

THAT IS NOT A COOKIE.
    NEVER WILL BE.

IT'S NASTY AND MUSHY AND BLEH.
  • DreamSM85
    DreamSM85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Avocado chocolate pudding. We have an avocado tree and avocados coming out our ears, I was trying anything--but don't do it! Blech!

Gotta disagree on that - this stuff's fantastic.
    Really? How do you make it? My recipe had coconut milk, cocoa, and maple syrup in addition to the actual avocado. It was ew.
    We just pulled another 10lb avocados out of the tree today and Still have plenty more. This Year's crop was like no other! :). Do tell!

I'm jealous of your avocado tree! I want one :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat less of food I like than a truck load of a food that is terrible.

Yes!