Food Police And Nasty Hurtful Comments

Options

Replies

• MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    California is worse than NY. I was minding my own business there and still got rude comments out of nowhere from strangers. That doesn't happen as much in NY. I also know a poster from a forum I'm on who had to move from California to Boston because she couldn't take the rude, obnoxious people anymore. My friend wants me to move out there and I said no way in hell would I move there unless I was at my goal weight because I would be cursing out people daily if they made a rude comment to me.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Are you sure there isn't something in the water where you live? That is some crazy behavior.

^ This

People are terrible.. I dont get people sometime. They do weird things.......:grumble:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    strange alot of them must be on here lol:wink:
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    wow, but really i believe it. i work with the public and people actually feel free to say lots of rude things. when i was heavier, i didn't mind my weight it was the comments from everyone else that made me feel bad. now that i am thinner, i get comments from anything from hair to nail colour..what can you do
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i agree with you family can be very hurtful,unfortunately we sometimes just have to accept that thats them and move on.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My favorite response in those situation is "Well, I might be fat, but I can lose weight. You however will always be a _______." The blank can be filled in with whatever you feel is best warrented in the situation. Rude disguting people. It makes me sad.
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    Hand them the cupcake and say "I think you need this more than me, you need some sweetening up!"
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    OMG! Really? Move on over to Seattle; most people do not behave like that.

Insults say a lot more about the person giving them than the person receiving them.

And remember this - you can lose the weight in your own way by your own time-table, but being an a-hole is forever.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The best is when people on here say things about my food diary yet eat fast food everyday and sodium levels are thru the roof. I would'nt mind any critiques if you ate clean.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I was about to ask where the hell you live...saw New York City...all wonder vanished, and all became clear. I think that city actually breeds a special type of *kitten*.

Ditto again! :)

Hey now...be nice. I'm from NYC. Not all of us are *kitten*. :-)
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You should watch Fried Green Tomatoes ....
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have had people ask me if I should be eating that , I have had people say to me that I needed to lose weight because no man wants a fat wife, I have had sales clerks walk up to me in nice clothing stores to inform me that they dod not sell things in my size ( when i did not ask for any assistance and was not loking for myself) I have gotten dirty looks from people when eating at fast food places, I was called fat and lazy, unmotivated, and asked when the baby was due when I was not pregnant. Now that I am only about 10 or so lbs from my goal people have felt the need to tell me that I need to eat more till they saw how much I eat and now say where the hell do you put it, oh and some people feel the need to coment insultingly on my large tattoos and feel that women should not have tattoos like the ones I have and that I look scary lol.
  • dwise44055
    dwise44055 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is why I prefer animals over people.
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    seems like you live near a bunch of basket cases.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Are you sure there isn't something in the water where you live? That is some crazy behavior.

This....I cant believe these stories are real.

I've seen people actually hang out of car windows and moo or bark at overweight people. Disgusting behavior and never an excuse to behave like that. I'm sure it has everything to do with their upbringing.

I've never had anyone comment on what I'm eating but since I lost a lot of weight, I've noticed that my friends and family pay a lot more attention to what I'm eating, or more likely, what I'm NOT eating :smile: I think that is actually to my advantage now because it makes me hope that I'm setting a good example for them.

Gina

Most of my issues were at my former job and I stress FORMER! :) there was this one guy that used to police me. I guess it affected his life that I never lost all of the weight I gained after haing my baby. So he thought it was his job to get me back in shape. He used to always say something when I would get food at work functions. One day we were in line to get our food and he yelled from the back of the line (in frount of about 20 people) "That's a nice plate you are making there, Al!)

Then there was the chick who was losing weight for her wedding. They were selling ice cream for charity, so I bought a two and stashed them in the freezer. I ate one on the first day and when I went to get another the next day, she yelled out "AGAIN!!!!!!!" . We are trying to get healthy over here. She was on south beach and whenever she saw me eating carbs, she thought it was her job to announce it to everyone.

Some people.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    This is why I prefer animals over people.

QFT.

I call people on their rudeness to me, then they consider me a crazy b!tch because I stood up for myself. Specifically about the food police, I tell them whatever they're "concerned" I shouldn't be eating, it keeps me from murdering people, then maintain eye contact until they are suitably creeped out.
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

"I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public."

This is hilarious, good for you for sticking up for yourself. People need a serious slap in the face.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I wanna have a six pack so if people wanna say anything about the food im eating ill just lift up my shirt, say nothing and walk away :)

i know whats good and what not. im going to school to be a nutritionist so i eat a certain way, and i dont impose on other people food choices either. the only time i talk about food is if people ask me directly about something they are eating and then i answer honestly.
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just keep saying to yourselves and even to them: I MAY BE FAT BUT I CAN LOSE WEIGHT BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE......( insert suitable word!). Good luck. :)
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This kind of happened to me recently....

About a month ago, when I was right at 15 pounds lost into my weightloss journey, my family and I were celebrating my 21st birthday by going out to eat at my favorite Italian restaurant. I was doing well, didn't order any alcohol, only ate a little over half my meal (boxed the rest), and had a small salad for my starter. When the waiter came by to ask if we wanted any dessert, my grandma asked if there was any kind of special for a birthday dinner, at that, suddenly my grandfather blurted out "Danielle, You really should exercise more. Are you exercising any? You really should go to the gym and watching your weight." The whole table got silent and a few people giggled. My face turned red. I just replied "Yes grandpa, I joined a gym over a month ago...".

I hadn't even requested or shown interest in dessert. Didn't have alcohol, had a salad as starter, and only ate about half my meal... plus I had already lost 15 pounds. It really felt like a slap in the face. And I don't think he meant it that way or really understood that it had hurt me, but now I always joke with the rest of the family about making sure grandpa knows when I go to the gym. Weekly I will send him an email to report that I have gone every other day to the gym,