What do you use your greek yogurt for?

Options
Rjsmith07
Rjsmith07 Posts: 49 Member
I have been going through these recipes for most of the day :/
And I am learning a lot of new things to try that I never even knew were possible! I have noticed there are many uses for greek yogurt so let us know what you do with yours!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Replies

• lms4310
    Options
    Im also looking for things to do with Greek yogurt..right now I use it to saute my mushrooms. It almost makes a cream sauce. Adds some flavor along with some garlic and a small amount of butter. Im looking to enjoy my veggies!!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat plain Fage fat-free greek yogurt with ground flaxseed and fruit for snacks. I use it in place of sour cream in recipes/sauces and on baked potatoes.

I love to make dip for grilled chicken, using greek yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, and ground black pepper.
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use it as a dressing for my salad or I just eat it with fruits mixed in it. :) I tried it in some recipes instead of sour cream and it works pretty well. (Oven baked vegetables with greek yogurt on the top of it :3)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I put 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt in my morning smoothie.
  • Rjsmith07
    Options
    I love to make dip for grilled chicken, using greek yogurt, lemon juice, oregano, and ground black pepper.
    [/quote]

Yes... I seen someone say they add a packet of the dry ranch mix to it to make ranch dip for their veggies and things. Haven't tried that yet
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Replacement for sour cream (I especially enjoy it on Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Burger)
    Tzatziki sauce (google Alton Brown's recipe but just use greek yogurt instead of straining plain yogurt)
    Pumpkin pie dip
    Pumpkin roll
    Blend in smoothies
  • Rjsmith07
    Options
    Greek Yogurt Pancakes- I seen a post on these this am and those look amazing! I am definately going to try this soon!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I use it to saute my mushrooms. It almost makes a cream sauce. Adds some flavor along with some garlic and a small amount of butter. Im looking to enjoy my veggies!!

This sounds SOOO good... I must try!

I've recently been eating plain greek yogurt wtih pomegranate seeds- it's awesome! But sadly, pomegranates are just about out of season- and I'm a firm believer of buying what's in season!
    We use it in place of sour cream on Mexican dishes, and always with some chopped green onion on a baked sweet potato.
    Use your food chopper / processor and chop up some cucumber, dill and garlic, a squeeze of lemon juice and add that to plain non fat greek-- you'll have a yummy dip for pita chips or veggies.
    Have fun......
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rjsmith07
    Options
    Here are the pancakes from earlier!

GY_zps1b20b2e3.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Pretty basic. I mix it with fruit and cottage cheese for a power breakfast. Might throw in granola too.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    And damn those pancakes look awesome!
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    yes!! I also use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. I love when I can make healthy adjustments that don't make me miss the original thing!!
  • wendycity1
    wendycity1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use it to make ranch... 1 6oz. container of greek yogurt with 1 oz. of ranch DRESSING mix (not dip mix!), then add FF milk until you get your desired consistency.

I've also added salsa and taco sauce to this to use as a salad dressing with a bit of a kick. Yum!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all the above plus I make a pizza crust that consists of 1 container plain GY and 1 cup self rising flour that is really good. The other night I dipped chicken breasts in it then into italian bread crumbs and baked it, it was the best chicken ever!
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I put it in my smoothies. I've also used Lipton soup mix to make veggie dip. And as a sub for sour cream for any Mexican food or on potatoes
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've made that pizza crust. It was much better than I was expecting and I will definitely be making it again. I use Greek yogurt in place of all sour cream, mayo, "cream of" whatever. It's a great addition to chicken salad or slaw.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    GY + protein powder

optional toppers
    fruit
    nuts
    cereals

put in freezer for about 20-30mins

enjoy
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I have used it as a fat replacement in quick bread (this can be a bit tricky to manage though, I recommend the first time you try it to not sub ALL the oil out with yogurt, just cut it down and see how it comes out), I have added spices to it to make ranch dip, I use it in place of sour cream on tacos/chili/whatever, I have used it as a coating for chicken I wanted to bread when I didn't have any eggs, and I use it as a protein source in smoothies instead of going for the protein powder that grosses me out.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    eat with fruit, or make tzatziki
    or rare occasion, use as a substitute for sour cream