What do you use your greek yogurt for?

Options

Replies

• kcallas88
    Options
    a very healthy tzatziki

i'll also take some plain greek yogurt and put some honey in it with a little flax seed...yummmmmmmm

put any kinds of fruit in it...hopefully buying a blender so i can blend the fruit and then mix it in (i can't stand plain greek yogurt by itself)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Some of the above suggestions, plus mix in a tablespoon or two of peanut butter and some honey, and dip a banana or graham crackers or pretzels or what have you in it.
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Actually i was just talking to a girl at work about this...she told me that she has made homemade Tzatziki Sauce with it.

1 tube of 0 fat plain Greek yogart
    1/2 of a cucumber
    Garlic (minced) to taste..

Chop up the cucumber and mix it with the garlic, then add to the yogart...

I'm definitly going to make this...maybe some of you would like to try it also!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt chicken (source - http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/skinny-greek-yogurt-chicken.html)

one cup greek yogurt
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    teaspoon garlic poweder
    teaspoon seasoned salt
    half teaspoon black pepper

mix together, smother over 4 chicken breasts, bake for 45 minutes at 350F

I also use it in mashed potatoes, mixed with a little ketchup to make sauce for tuna pasta and in smoothies.
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy chicken salad with greek yogurt instead of mayo
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Actually i was just talking to a girl at work about this...she told me that she has made homemade Tzatziki Sauce with it.

1 tube of 0 fat plain Greek yogart
    1/2 of a cucumber
    Garlic (minced) to taste..

Chop up the cucumber and mix it with the garlic, then add to the yogart...

I'm definitly going to make this...maybe some of you would like to try it also!

I made tzatziki with 0 fat greek yogurt once. Never again! :laugh:

My recipe is

1 24 oz container greek yogurt
    1/4 olive oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/2 - 1 whole english cucumber grated and strained
    minimum 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
    salt
    pepper

Squeezing the water from the cucumber is key, to avoid making the tzatziki too thin. Also, take care while combining the ingredients to just fold everything together. Too much stirring can also make it watery.

Goes good on pretty much everything. Try it with tuna instead of mayo....
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream and in smoothies :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    to eat with a spoon
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I actually don't like greek yogurt for anything other than a sour cream replacement....too sour tasting for me....but at least I am doing that lol.
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla Greek yogurt to mix in fruit or cereal for breakfast or snacks or just eat it by itself. I use plain Greek yogurt in place of anything I would normally use sour cream, and I have even heated/baked it in recipes and it does just fine. I add it to whole wheat burritos, in cream sauces, on baked potatoes or just anywhere I would use sour cream. I have used plain, vanilla and other flavors in smoothies as well. Be sure you are actually getting a high protein Greek yogurt. There are a few out there that have the word "Greek" on the packaging but have no more protein than regular yogurt so you're not getting the full benefit. I just love it! It's one of the best healthy things out there in my opinion. Enjoy!
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    chicken soft tacos. Tastes just like sour cream to me.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Floor wax.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I marinate chicken in it
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My newest snack treat is 5 oz. Chobani greek yogurt (plain) , 2 Tbs PB2, 1 equal packet and mix.133 calories. It's like peanut butter pudding.
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    Options
    I have flavoured greek yogurt for lunch with 1/ 4 cup Kashi cereal, 1/2 banana and 1/8 cup of almonds. It's a delicious protein packed lunch. :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Coriander Shrimp
    ½ cup Shrimp
    2 Tablespoons Olive oil
    4 Chiles
    1 Tablespoon Coriander seeds (crushed)
    Salt (to taste)

Sauce:
    Fresh coriander (chiffonade or chopped)
    1/3 cup Greek yogurt
    Salt (to taste)
    Pepper (to taste)
    1 pinch Coriander powder

Mung Bean Salad
    ½ cup Sprouted Mung Beans
    1 Teaspoon lemon juice
    Salt (to taste)
    Pepper (to taste)
    Chili powder (to taste)
    1 Tablespoon Cilantro root (chopped)

Procedure:
    1. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, fresh coriander, salt and pepper.
    2. In a heated skillet, add oil, chiles and coriander seeds. Let the oil infuse and throw in shrimp, salt and pepper. Sautee shrimp until cooked and pull out.
    3. In a bowl, toss mung beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chili powder and cilantro root. Place on plate as base for the shrimp.
    4. Place shrimp over salad and drizzle with sauce.

Recipe courtesy of Jehangir Mehta (Taken from wpix morning news blog)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I put into my fruit smoothies or I put walnuts and blueberries and eat that way.
    I don't say anything but my husband thinks the dollop of greek yogurt is Sour Cream!!!
  • michaelrtuller
    Options
    One cup or less for a frozen fruit smoothie for breakfast. Half cup of orange juice, a frozen banana (thawed and peeled under a warm faucet) half cup of frozen strawberries, peaches or whatever. You can add a little milk and/or honey, depending on how many calories you can afford.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I actually freeze mine and eat it like ice cream. It works out quite nicely.