What do you use your greek yogurt for?

Options

Replies

• michaelrtuller
    Options
    It's good on a baked potato, with some chives or green onions, instead of sour cream.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I've made that pizza crust. It was much better than I was expecting and I will definitely be making it again. I use Greek yogurt in place of all sour cream, mayo, "cream of" whatever. It's a great addition to chicken salad or slaw.

I was surprised the first time I made the crust also! I thought no way! Just yogurt and flour? But my family and I love it. It is a bit sticky and tricky to flatten out but worth it!
  • plnieman
    Options
    I use it in place of Sour Cream. I make veggie dips, smoothies, add dry pudding mix, as a mid morning snack with fruit, in mashed potatoes,

Fage face book page posts receipes all the time.

I love the stuff
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump....some of these sound amazing :D
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Marinated Chicken (or turkey) Breast, actually a WW recipe I semi-adapted, actually made this this week. I try to marinated 8-10 hours but in a pinch done it less time.

3/4 cup plain yogurt
    1 small onion finely chopped
    2 TBLS peeled grated ginger - I leave this out
    2 TBLS red wine vinegar
    1 TBLS dijon mustard
    1 tsp cumin
    1 garlic clove
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

Chicken or turkey I have done up to about 20 ounces meat total with above, this is exactly as written, broil or grill as desired.

I do vary it a bit from above based on preferences. The cinnamon is key IMO.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I mix it with my pancake batter, put it on chicken with seasonings instead of using mayo... basically anything you can use mayo or sour cream I use greek yogurt instead. I love the flavored ones to dip apple slices and nilla wafers.
  • CaoimheAine
    Options
    There's so much you can do with it! Maybe do a search on here for recipes with Greek Yoghurt. I like to just have mine in a bowl with cut up apples and Stevia to sweeten it a tad :-) Lovely morning snack :-)
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Tandoori chicken!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have a lowfat banana bread recipe that just calls for plain yogurt. I use plain non-fat Greek yogurt. Gives it a little tanginess and everyone loves that bread!
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I actually use it to make ranch dip and makes a great butter milk. I also added it to a fetticuini I was making the other day. So many uses just have to account that it will add a sour taste to the mix so you will either have to cover it up or reduce any other sour sources like vinegars or citurs.
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Someone told me to Mix it with a little salsa and dip reduced fat triscuits.....it looks disgusting but its sooooo good. I also make smoothies one cup nonfat greek yogurt, half a banana, tablespoon of almond butter and a little milk or coconut water. Sometimes I add half a cup of no sugar added frozen berries.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone. I'm gonna have to try some of these!
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have been going through these recipes for most of the day :/
    And I am learning a lot of new things to try that I never even knew were possible! I have noticed there are many uses for greek yogurt so let us know what you do with yours!
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • marshart
    marshart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed with an equal part of 1% cottage cheese. If you use plain you can add a little sweetener and vanilla. I prefer no fat vanilla greek yogurt.
    Or I love it on top of cream of wheat, oatmeal, or cream of rice hot cereal with berries for a hot, satisfying breakfast.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I bought my first greek yogurt today. Strawberry and pineapple or something. Just gonna try it with a spoon first lol
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Actually i was just talking to a girl at work about this...she told me that she has made homemade Tzatziki Sauce with it.

1 tube of 0 fat plain Greek yogart
    1/2 of a cucumber
    Garlic (minced) to taste..

Chop up the cucumber and mix it with the garlic, then add to the yogart...

I'm definitly going to make this...maybe some of you would like to try it also!

I made tzatziki with 0 fat greek yogurt once. Never again! :laugh:

My recipe is

1 24 oz container greek yogurt
    1/4 olive oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/2 - 1 whole english cucumber grated and strained
    minimum 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
    salt
    pepper

Squeezing the water from the cucumber is key, to avoid making the tzatziki too thin. Also, take care while combining the ingredients to just fold everything together. Too much stirring can also make it watery.

Goes good on pretty much everything. Try it with tuna instead of mayo....
    YUM!!!
  • drj1955
    drj1955 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump