When I deep fry mini pizza rolls...

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
How much oil sticks? I need to know what to log.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Measure the oil before and after.
  • _noob_
    Options

that's easier said than done from a deep fryer that holds 2-3 liters of oil.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Make a larger batch of pizza rolls
  • cmriverside
    Options

Weigh it on a digital food scale.
  • _noob_
    Options

how would you account for the oil that absorbs onto the towel when I pull them out? It would probably add up to at least a couple tablespoons.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You're deep frying pizza rolls. Seriously dude, wtf.
  • _noob_
    Options
    You're deep frying pizza rolls. Seriously dude, wtf.

you ever tried one? it's better than batter fried bacon.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure to eat about 100 of them per day, don't log the oil, and after two months, backtrack by taking the amount of weight you gain and use that to figure out the oil content.
  • _noob_
    Options
    I would just make sure to eat about 100 of them per day, don't log the oil, and after two months, backtrack by taking the amount of weight you gain and use that to figure out the oil content.

for 100/day, wouldn't the unabsorbed protein compound the results?
  • cmriverside
    Options

how would you account for the oil that absorbs onto the towel when I pull them out? It would probably add up to at least a couple tablespoons.

Why would you use a paper towel? Lick them.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

for 100/day, wouldn't the unabsorbed protein compound the results?

You should estimate by recording the number of undigested protein particles that you find when y................

Ok I can't continue this joke. Good luck sir.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You do not seem like you're honestly interested in taking advice from people who know how to count these calories.

Making up excuse after excuse will get you nowhere in your attempts.
  • _noob_
    Options
    You do not seem like you're honestly interested in taking advice from people who know how to count these calories.

Making up excuse after excuse will get you nowhere in your attempts.

I didn't know if there was some easy estimation method for fried foods. I've been logging it as 1/2 tablespoon/roll.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You guys are mean :laugh:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Just log a half a bottle a week.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Get rid of your deep fryer.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Instead of a paper towle, drain them on a rack over a plate, then dump the oil that drained off back in the fryer, then measure to see how much is gone. They will stay crispier this way because air can circulate below them and they won't steam on the bottom and become soggy.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Some people are too darn serious! Sheesh.

Weigh the pizza rolls, then weigh yourself. EAT the pizza rolls, weigh yourself and subtract the pizza rolls. This should give you the amount of fat.

Enjoy!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have to worry about the oil at all if you just put sensa on it or were taking the green coffee bean supplement. Otherewise, I think what you've been doing is the right thing. Good luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Some people are too darn serious! Sheesh.

Weigh the pizza rolls, then weigh yourself. EAT the pizza rolls, weigh yourself and subtract the pizza rolls. This should give you the amount of fat.

Enjoy!

that would only work if the rolls were 100% fat