When I deep fry mini pizza rolls...

Options

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    And don't EVER get rid of your deep fryer. It's ok to use if you're using coconut oil or other heathly fats. Don't listen to those saying to get rid of it.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Deep fried pizza rolls...... I think something just moved..... would it be inappropriate and unmanly for me to tell you that I think I love you?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    You do not seem like you're honestly interested in taking advice from people who know how to count these calories.

Making up excuse after excuse will get you nowhere in your attempts.

Weren't you voted most supportive? Try doing that for a little while. K. Thanks. This site needs less bullies.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The idea of deep fried pizza rolls terrifies me.

Why?

I know how bad it is when you take a pizza roll out of the oven or microwave and can't wait to bite into it and burn your tongue on the molten lava spewing from inside... but of course you just can't help but keep eating it and sear your whole mouth because it tastes so dang good.... and now you want to add hot oil to this concoction? Dear god, I'd kill my mouth with just one molten lava fried pizza roll and never be able to eat again....

So maybe this is the perfect diet plan!?!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    just pop an alli beforehand and let that oil slide right on through
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    You're deep frying pizza rolls. Seriously dude, wtf.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    just pop an ally beforehand and let that oil slide right on through

LMAO :laugh:
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Measure the oil before and after.

that's easier said than done from a deep fryer that holds 2-3 liters of oil.

Weigh it on a digital food scale.

how would you account for the oil that absorbs onto the towel when I pull them out? It would probably add up to at least a couple tablespoons.

Don't forget to weigh the paper towel before and after...then your results will be accurate. :)
  • laura0389
    Options
    Oh dear lord lmao....just put then in the oven! They r so much better that way!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord lmao....just put then in the oven! They r so much better that way!

blasphemy.
  • kaorinchan
    kaorinchan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to try this.

Also why are people freaking out? Does no one eat fried food if you're dieting? I'll eat it and eat like a bird the rest of the day if I have to!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

^^..Nothing like a little anal seepage to make you feel sexy. :laugh: :laugh:
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I mean, if you're deep frying pizza rolls, does the residual oil from the deep fryer really matter?
  • _noob_
    Options
    I mean, if you're deep frying pizza rolls, does the residual oil from the deep fryer really matter?

We're talking several hundreds to thousands of calories after I fry up the hole pack, so yes.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure to eat about 100 of them per day, don't log the oil, and after two months, backtrack by taking the amount of weight you gain and use that to figure out the oil content.

love it!:devil:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Are they beer battered? That would be Epic Meal Time awesome!
  • _noob_
    Options
    Are they beer battered? That would be Epic Meal Time awesome!

Nah, just tossed in peanut oil at 375. They're done when they start to break open. Only trick is that you have to pull them out quickly after that or you scorch the cheese.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How much oil sticks? I need to know what to log.

This is why ovens are easier. They still get brown without the extra stress.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Ewwww :laugh:
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Measure the oil before and after.

that's easier said than done from a deep fryer that holds 2-3 liters of oil.

Weigh it on a digital food scale.

how would you account for the oil that absorbs onto the towel when I pull them out? It would probably add up to at least a couple tablespoons.

Skip the paper towel. Just make a bigger batch and then just eat all of the pizza rolls and make a smoothie with the remaining oil so that you don't have to worry about weighing/measuring it post-fry. Don't worry about the massive amount of calories that will end up being. It will average out in the next year or so.