Beautiful Blues 3/30/10

Options
13»

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Just finished core and it felt great. I am tired now but I have work to go do and errands to run.

Hope yall have a great day
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    debnu, smadag- Wow, you guys are off to a great start. I am about to do my exercise for the day, but I'm glad to read you guys are rocking it. Remember that on the 5th week or so it is very common for people to want to give up on the program, but it's a matter of pushing through and continuing on. If you read the beachbody forums you will see that this program was created so that the majority of the results will be seen towards the end of the program. By this time, some people have given up and don't reap the rewards from all their hard work. I'm glad we are all doing this together though. I'm on my last week of Insanity and I feel like giving it up, but I want to complete this program and say to myself that I have completed it and I want to see the final results.

Debnu- I saw you added my as a buddy in beachbody. Awesome!! Opening an account is free for the basic functions which allows you to post in the message boards, and having a coach is free as well. So, get a peek in the P90X forums if you haven't already and enjoy the vast array of information.

Peter- Wow, time really flies. You are more than half way through the program and doing so great. Isn't shopping for new clothes awesome!! And look at you, even on your rest day you are working out! That really shows that this is a life change, and since it is so, we try to find ways to incorporate exercise in our lives in a way which is fun. You are doing it!!! Great job and keep going on for continued success.

Keep bringing it people!!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    This is exciting. Tony makes me laugh and I am actually looking forward to cardio x tomorrow--although I am realizing that exercising on a cement floor isn't fun. I am going to have to do something about that soon. I had the chicken salad from the nutrition book for lunch today. Boy that was good. I may just have it again tomorrow. So far I am liking what I am eating.

We can do this! Completing core was the highlight of my day today. Lets bring it tomorrow and the next day!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back from having my mother and sister here for Easter. It was a fun family time, but it felt good to get back to normal today. I made it to the pool tonight and got my swim in, and now that I have said hello to all of you, I feel that my day is complete! Happy Monday to all!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Well, I'm back from having my mother and sister here for Easter. It was a fun family time, but it felt good to get back to normal today. I made it to the pool tonight and got my swim in, and now that I have said hello to all of you, I feel that my day is complete! Happy Monday to all!
    Happy monday and hope you had a great easter! Swimming sounds like an awesome exercise and now that it's getting warmer I'm sure you will enjoy it more.
  • smadag1
    Options
    Did some yard work with hubby tonight I moved logs after he cut down the trees. WOW what an extra workout I got doing that. I will sleep great tonight. Cardio tomorrow plus whatever else I can squeeze in. Signed up for beachbody coach today I hope I can get some help with the P90X nutrition guide.

Hubby didn't get the job and know we are not sure what to do. He might have to find something besides truck driving.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I know it's been a looooong time since I've posted with you blues, but if you start this over again, I'd love to join back in!!

You all are looking fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA and I forgot to check in....bad weekend food wise - too many meals out! Getting back to it.

Rach - we've missed you!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Welcome back Rach--Just send me your weight, I am going to put up the new board a little later today.

This weekend was tough--but we can all get back on track again!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I don't think things could get much worse this year. I was getting ready to do my cardio X when hubbys uncle that is living with us called and asked if we could go check on his son (hubby's cousin) because he was just released from the hospital with a blood clot in his heart and if it goes to his brain it could kill him. They are going to try to laser it out in a couple days but they are not sure if it will work or not. Uncle is very upset and cant get off work early so we are going to check on his son for him.

I will try to get my cardio in later but not sure what my day holds now
  • MayLan
    Options
    Rach- Hi and welcome back. You sure can join us, just jump right in. I'm glad to have more people on here!!!! We do weekly weigh ins on Monday and we send them to Debnu.

Chrissy- You strong woman!!! I know you are being strong and hanging in there! Hope to hear more from you.

smadag- Sorry to hear about this news. I'm hoping for the best and that things turn out differently.

I'm all set today and am doing all my hw in time. After I take a 30 minute quiz for school now, I'm going to do Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs for about 60 minutes. Adding the extra calories yesterday definitely has me feeling with more energy. Right now I'm testing my body and eating 1800 calories- and wow, I never thought I could eat that much. I don't know why I had the mentality of being scared of eating so much, because I am trying to lose weight. But since I'm doing such heavy exercise programs, I'm feeding my body so that it can push itself. I'm going to experiment with calories and am going to be weighing myself each day to see if I notice a trend in my weight. I'm in it for the long run!!!

Keep digging deeper all!!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    We need to make sure we're accountable to each other everyday! I've been off the boards more recently I'm holding my own but this last 8 isn't going anywhere! Good news-tried on Nike ACG 8s in shorts and they fit - 10s were too big-made my happy. Didn't buy them though cuz they were a little short for my taste (and age!)

smadag-keep your chin up

My hubby's dads siblings are falling apart....one sister was diagnosed with lung cancer today, brother just got out of hospital with complications from emphysema(sp??), sister in hospital in ICU from internal bleeding from diverticulosous (sp??), youngest sisters' son is dying...need wide spread prayers for all of them!

Did get good news today - my mom's Rx insurance that she's had since Jan but not yet used is going to be $1 per month cheaper than the other insurance and that includes 1 extra medication...that was a nice surprise!
  • MayLan
    Options
    We need to make sure we're accountable to each other everyday! I've been off the boards more recently I'm holding my own but this last 8 isn't going anywhere! Good news-tried on Nike ACG 8s in shorts and they fit - 10s were too big-made my happy. Didn't buy them though cuz they were a little short for my taste (and age!)

smadag-keep your chin up

My hubby's dads siblings are falling apart....one sister was diagnosed with lung cancer today, brother just got out of hospital with complications from emphysema(sp??), sister in hospital in ICU from internal bleeding from diverticulosous (sp??), youngest sisters' son is dying...need wide spread prayers for all of them!

Did get good news today - my mom's Rx insurance that she's had since Jan but not yet used is going to be $1 per month cheaper than the other insurance and that includes 1 extra medication...that was a nice surprise!

I will definitely pray for your hubby's dad's family. It is just a tough year and on top of that to hear of loved ones being sick. Nothing really I can say to make things better, but just holding on to hope- that things will change and that this pain will end. Even if you guys can't get in an exercise atleast feed your bodies good, because if you guys aren't feeling good then you might not have the strength to be there for your loved ones. Take care!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Chrissy I aM sorry to hear about your family I will send good thoughts your way.:flowerforyou: Maylan is rigth even if we can;t get our workouts in we still need to feed our bodies good food so we can be strong to help support our loved ones

I was able to get my cardio done before we go to see hubby's cousin

Lets hope for a better week :drinker:
  • debnu1
    Options
    It's been a difficult week--we can do this though!

Here's the next board

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90015-beautiful-blues-4-6-10
  • chrissyh
    Options
    What a week - work is totally crazy-even working late night too.....gotta get a workout plan - this week's a total bust - haven't worked out since I ran last friday-it's driving me crazy and the more I think about it the worse I feel about it. I will shred if nothing else tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That's an order to myself!