Eating before exercise

Options
123457»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    This Twelfty bloke isn't providing any scientific literature. He's clearly the victor in this thread.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i really don't see why i should do the leg work for you? if you're too lazy to do your own research from the information given then more fool you
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I smell thread hijacking - wasn't this originally about safe to eat before working out? How did it turn into a debacle over losing fat while gaining muscle?

Is the OP even still around? O.o
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    wonder how boxers stay fit and big they must be genetic freaks....
  • Joeypox
    Options
    This thread is HUGE haha all based on opinion. To cut the matter dry, you just have to find what works for you. I know there is science (there is ALWAYS science) and there is always RESEARCH and OPINIONS, but I think what does YOUR body want and what does YOUR body need. For me I workout at 4:30am. I don't eat before because normally I am doing mostly lifting, a nice 20 and minute HIIT cardio. For these days I just take my preworkout and BCAA and I can get through with enough energy and feel like I am fueled (especially since I have a good size dinner). On mornings where I do INTENSE cardio I will have like a banana or apple or nuts to fuel me a little for all the calories I burned. I will then have a good breakfast after. But its personal preference. This works GREAT for me. For some it doesn't, and then need to have a pre-workout and post-workout meal.

I know my tips are always pretty generic but LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Thats the true science/ research lol

Ok... Resume fighting! *grabs my light popcorn and track the calories in MFP*
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    wonder how boxers stay fit and big they must be genetic freaks....

You just need to eat surplus calories high in protein and good carbs to gain muscle. While working out of course.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    hmm, this thread had 134 posts in it at one point now its under 130
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    hmm, this thread had 134 posts in it at one point now its under 130
    Mods are probably removing all the hijacking rants.
  • mkim3138
    Options
    I workout Sunday mornings on an empty stomach and the rest of the week at night eating about an hour before working out. I do feel a little shaky towards the end of my workout fasted, but you should just figure out what gives you the best performance and stick to it =)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    watch what happens when you start trying to build muscle tricksee as you clearly haven't got an ounce of it on you, i don't need to explain myself.
    if you do weights while doing this you won't gain a decent amount of muscle

Wrong.

8ab809c1-0bb4-4c61-8f77-0926bf963c91_zps859e6bf4.jpg