URGENT PLEASE

Options
124»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR. Eat your BMR. Calculate your TDEE. Eat back most of your calories burned from exercise. Adjust it so your caloric deficit shoukd result in .5-1lb lost per week. Drink plenty of water, try not to consume too much sodium, track your results.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just because you *can* doesn't necessarily mean you *should*.

Somewhere up there, you mentioned your BMR was 1400ish. Personally, I do not believe anyone should, under any circumstances, consistently eat below their BMR. In addition to that amount, you will want to eat more based on your activity level. If you are having trouble eating enough, reconsider the types of foods you are eating. Yes, it is difficult to eat 1500 calories of lettuce. No, it is not difficult to eat 1500 calories of higher fat foods.

Unless you have a deadline of a wedding or a photo shoot (or some other compelling argument for what otherwise seems like an arbitrary deadline), my advice is to change your focus from X pounds by Y date and instead find a balance of eating and exercise that will give you a firm foundation for a lifetime of health. Your current approach, *in my humble opinion*, is not.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.