Wow - how many times a day do we do this??

Options
13»

Replies

• symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole lot of comparing myself to others much these days. I did much more when I was younger. However I do feel a responsibility to be the best me that I can be and that is why I am exercising and eating healthier with less calories. I do feel encouraged when I see people on this site who have transformed their bodies into a healthier more awesome version of themselves. I appreciate that they are sharing what they have learned in their journey.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    Oh dear, what a response to your post! Such a shame that a positive post has some negative replies. What i believe in regards to religion does not matter but i do agree with you and here is my 2 cents!
    There is always room to improve and to try and be the very best we can be. However, waking up every morning feeling bad about ourselves or comparing ourselves to others is not healthy and will not help us lose weight or feel more positive. What works for me is getting up, jumping on the scales and saying ' Okay well this is the way i am today, i cant lose 20 kilos today so i will love what i have and be positive and maybe tomorrow if i count my calories and do my workout it might be a little bit less'

it may not work for you, but it does work for a lot of people.

Regardless, if comparing is bad for your ego, don't do it. If it helps, keep on comparing. The point is to not use the whole "we are wonderful just the way we are" mentality as an excuse to not try to better yourself.

I am not able to understand the interpertation that you did . We are really the best US we can be , for me it doesnt mean that we are perfect or that we should stop striving to become better, but to love and respect ourselfs like we are at the moment , like it is written in the rest of the sentence eh ?

After that i have to say that i think its extremelly rude that u said it was ridicculous. Even if you dont share the same opinion of others u dont have to trash it.

I just had to make sure that U , sitting in your pc read this .
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    please notify me when you do . arent u gonna say your sorry to the nice lady ?
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post and thank those with positive comments to my post. While I'm a firm believer in God, it wasn't my intention to preach religion - rather to try to make those of us who need to hear it - comfortable in our own skin at the moment...not to say we don't need to or shouldn't try to improve ourselves. Of course, we should....physically and mentally...otherwise, what's the point.

Actually, I've made a lot of friends on here today due to this thread and found for every negative person/comment, I received more than an equal number of positives -- and for that I'm grateful....because while i was trying to offer comfort and support - in my own way -- I also needed it.