Salmon recipes

Options

Replies

• michelleavent1979
    Options
    I do a Pistachio Crusted Honey Salmon which is unbelievable. Get a pound or so of your favorite salmon. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Crush half a cup of peeled pistachios (I use unsalted) in a food processor or blender, then add 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp grated parm. cheese and whatever seasonings you like (I use black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little thyme). Pulse until mixture is fine then move to a shallow bowl and drizzle 1 or 2 TBSP olive oil over it while tossing with a fork to moisten the crumbs. Lay the salmon filets on the baking sheet and spread 2 TBSP of Dijon mustard over the top and sides of the filets (you don't have to do the bottoms), then press each filet into the crumb mixture to coat top and sides. Place filets crumb side up on prepped baking sheet and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly on salmon. Drizzle a little honey over each filet (I use about a teaspoon on each one). Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from oven and drizzle a little more honey on each filet, then return to oven and BROIL on high for 1-2 minutes. The top will get nice and crispy. This is so good it's not even funny! I usually serve with a sauteed mixture of baby carrots, green beans and baby portabella mushrooms but to each his/her own!

I made this tonight it was AMAZING, and I will make it again!

*hug* thanks for sharing!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Our family favorite is easy.....slice lemons to line the bottom of a Pyrex pan, lie salmon on the lemon slices skin side down, sprinkle garlic salt, lemon pepper and dill on top, pour a little white wine in the bottom of the dish and cover with foil. Cook on 350 until done depending on how big of filet or steaks you have. YUM!!! Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the fish also if you like.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Tonight I put Garlic infused oil (1/2 tbsp) , garlic garlic seasonings, a little bit of salt, and some pomegranite chipolte sauce about a tablespoon, (all from tastefully simple) and oh my goodness, yummy yummy stuff. Brussel sprouts on the side and just as yummy.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    bump
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    either
    cover it in panko and bake

or

rub it all down with olive oil and spice it to death with Bay seasoning, dill, some salt, pepper, more dill and some more dill.
    Red chili flakes if you like it spicy.

Bake!

add some lemon juice if you like.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Bumping for some ideas :)
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    marinate 24 hours in Balsamic Vinegar and Honey.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Our family favorite is easy.....slice lemons to line the bottom of a Pyrex pan, lie salmon on the lemon slices skin side down, sprinkle garlic salt, lemon pepper and dill on top, pour a little white wine in the bottom of the dish and cover with foil. Cook on 350 until done depending on how big of filet or steaks you have. YUM!!! Squeeze a little lemon juice on top of the fish also if you like.

i love that.
  • MrsHRogers
    Options
    BUMP! I adore Salmon too! :smile:
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use penzey's fox point seasoning and cracked pepper. so tasty :) can't wait to try some of these recipes though!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I make a salmon pasta which is quite yum. Just cook the salmon to your liking and break it up into small pieces. Boil up pasta. Of your choice. For the "sauce" just mix olive oil and lemon juice in a jar with some parsley... Shake it up and mix it through the salmon and pasta :)
    That sounds good.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    what i cantz get enough of lately:

250 g salmon (you can buy the frozen one too)
    5tbs balsamic vinegar
    mustard (depends how you like it, give in a bit, mix, taste, i like to give in a lot)
    1 dcl of red wine (or you can use water as you wish)

lettuce.

cut the salmon into pieces, give it into a pan (i use the vok) then when its brownish add wine and mustard, cook / mix for another 3 minutes,
    get the lettuce ready - just wash it, put it on a plate, add the salmon, and add vinegar up on it all.

i love it and have it atleast once / week :)
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I made the Pistachio Honey Crusted Salmon tonight and substituted the KinnickKinnick Gluten Free panko bread crumbs. It was AWESOME... but this recipe makes a ton of seasoned crumb coating. I'd say it's more appropriate to 1.5 pounds of salmon. TOTAL YUMMINESS!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Easy.
    Brush with maple syrup and cayenne pepper (1/4 cup and 1/2 teaspoon)
    Then, broil with fresh pineapple chucks (you can brush those too)
    I put the rack on the top shelf and broil for about 15 minutes, with the broiler set at 400 degrees F, but you can figure that out yourself.
    Simple. Fast. Incredibly tasty.
    great idea, thanks! Looking for new ways to cook up my salmon.:flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Easy.
    Brush with maple syrup and cayenne pepper (1/4 cup and 1/2 teaspoon)
    Then, broil with fresh pineapple chucks (you can brush those too)
    I put the rack on the top shelf and broil for about 15 minutes, with the broiler set at 400 degrees F, but you can figure that out yourself.
    Simple. Fast. Incredibly tasty.
    great idea, thanks! Looking for new ways to cook up my salmon.:flowerforyou:

This recipe sounds incredible!!!!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    I do a Pistachio Crusted Honey Salmon which is unbelievable. Get a pound or so of your favorite salmon. Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Crush half a cup of peeled pistachios (I use unsalted) in a food processor or blender, then add 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp grated parm. cheese and whatever seasonings you like (I use black pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little thyme). Pulse until mixture is fine then move to a shallow bowl and drizzle 1 or 2 TBSP olive oil over it while tossing with a fork to moisten the crumbs. Lay the salmon filets on the baking sheet and spread 2 TBSP of Dijon mustard over the top and sides of the filets (you don't have to do the bottoms), then press each filet into the crumb mixture to coat top and sides. Place filets crumb side up on prepped baking sheet and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture evenly on salmon. Drizzle a little honey over each filet (I use about a teaspoon on each one). Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from oven and drizzle a little more honey on each filet, then return to oven and BROIL on high for 1-2 minutes. The top will get nice and crispy. This is so good it's not even funny! I usually serve with a sauteed mixture of baby carrots, green beans and baby portabella mushrooms but to each his/her own!

THIS SOUNDS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!
  • Christina9388
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-salmon-with-rosemary-sbd-117919

Rosemary, lemon, and olive oil are my favorite combinations with fish, especially Salmon. I have this recipe about once a week I love it so much!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For lunch: Cibbatta roll, basil pesto, thinly sliced salmon, avocado, rocket (+/- extra light philly depending on how I feel).

Yummy! Thanks for all the ideas!