SO TIRED OF NOSEY PPL AT THE GYM!!!

Options
3liza
3liza Posts: 32 Member
So, I've been trying to get back on track with my exercise. But every time I go to the gym, there are these guys (random) who will not let me go on w/ my work out!!! they're like "can I give you some advice?" or "that's not how you do that" "you shouldn't do cardio and weight training the same day" ugh!!! I'm so tired of ppl who get into my business. I know what I'm doing I've lost almost 30 pounds so take your advice elsewhere!! am I right?!! Today one took the cake, he kept talking and talking about nonsense crap..like how he had been in the olympics and how i had a nice body.. OMG I'm fed up! From now on I'm working out at home. Sorry everyone, but if you are one of those ppl....I'm just throwing this out there.. I some one needs advice the'll ask for it.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    32777_PPS.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If one person says you're doing it wrong, meh.

If everyone says you're doing it wrong, you're doing it wrong
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    headphones, ignore, solved.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Where are you working out?! There's a couple of talkers at my gym but not many more than that and everyone ignores them.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    just quit going.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If one person says you're doing it wrong, meh.

If everyone says you're doing it wrong, you're doing it wrong

Yup.

I'll be honest. My husband is the kind of person who, if he sees someone doing an exercise incorrectly, will politely correct them. But yeah. If you're constantly being told that you're doing something wrong then maybe you are and you should take the advice. :flowerforyou:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

this & hoodie with hood up helps too ...ignore
  • kaisawheel
    kaisawheel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they are trying to be helpful. If you are doing some exercises with incorrect form, you could hurt yourself.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    wish someone would speak to me at my gym......
  • 3liza
    Options
    LOL, I do take my headphones but they even tap me on the shoulder to get my attn!!
  • martinh78
    Options
    Write about it on a forum in the hope that they read it and get the message.

Oh, hang-on...

What I actually meant was tell them.

It is easy to get the two confused but one does nothing to solve the problem. You decide which...
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    WTH, that' never happens at my gym. Crazy
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are working out at one of those macho gyms from the 70's where everyone is super "pumped" (also sounds like you are being hit on probably). I would try to find another gym with lest testosterone-heads.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you're doing something with incorrect form they might just being trying to help.
    Or perhaps you're just a hottie and should just take it as a compliment people talk to you ^_^ (that is, as long as they aren't saying something inappropriate anyway)
  • 3liza
    Options

this & hoodie with hood up helps too ...ignore
    Thank you. I didn't think about the hoodie b4.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Strange. People rarely talk to me at the gym. I guess I'm doing everything right.

I do see people doing things wrong, though. I don't tell them, but I wish the trainers would. I'll bet there have been some serious back injuries coming out of that place.
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i deal with the same thing..i cant go to the gym alone because it looks like an invitation for a convo..when i work out with a girl friend then they are more intimidated to strike up a convo...most of the time guys are just looking for an excuse to talk to a cute chick who actually likes going to the gym like they do...trainers and members alike!
  • 3liza
    Options
    sounds like you are working out at one of those macho gyms from the 70's where everyone is super "pumped" (also sounds like you are being hit on probably). I would try to find another gym with lest testosterone-heads.
    There is definitely more males than females in there.
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options

^^this!...i started going to a gym where the population is older or gay! i get a much better work out
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.