SO TIRED OF NOSEY PPL AT THE GYM!!!

Options

Replies

• bfmummy
    bfmummy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I sa a snippet of gok wan programme and he got this girl to ask the guy next to her at the gym for tips - this was to practice flirting...wdyt maybe they are trying to strike up conversation!
  • bfmummy
    bfmummy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ha! Crossed several posts!
  • 3liza
    3liza Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they are trying to be helpful. If you are doing some exercises with incorrect form, you could hurt yourself.

No, it's not that, they just want me to do what they do. I know I have the right form because I had a personal trainer for a while and did my homework on that since I have back and knee problems since b4.
  • GritsOnTits
    Options
    You should kick them in the groin
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    LOL, I do take my headphones but they even tap me on the shoulder to get my attn!!

The average person can read the physical cues that you don't want to be bothered, which means if they're still bothering you, it's because you're doing something wrong.

Just because you lost weight doesn't mean you know everything.
  • bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Not to offend, and you don't have your pic on your profile, but, I'm guessing you're kind of hot, and guys tend to want to chat up a hot girl, ya know...
  • jasminetoi
    jasminetoi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.

or maybe she is addressing a real issue that discourages women from attending the gym or moving out of their comfort zone from the treadmil to the weights section with "the boys"
  • dbredenberg
    Options
    Sorry this happened to you. I've been working out at gyms for 30 years and frankly I've never seen that happen. I have never said anything to anyone about their form and no one's every said anything to me. Try a different gym.

As far as working out with weights and cardio the same day, never heard that one. There's actually classes for cardio WITH weights. I do cardio almost every day, that would mean I could never do weights.

Another idea, on the off chance you actually are doing something wrong (which I doubt), maybe schedule some time with the personal trainer at the gym to go through everything. A lot of times they will give you a free session as a sales pitch. Then at least when some idiot tries to tell you to do it different, you can tell them the personal trainer said to do it that way.

Good luck!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    just take it as a compliment people talk to you ^_^ (that is, as long as they aren't saying something inappropriate anyway)

No, no, no. If they're saying something inappropriate, thats how you KNOW you're a hottie.

It's called 'Doing it Right'.
  • 3liza
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.

LOL, this is hilarious. You mean how often my intelligence is insulted.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    LOL, I do take my headphones but they even tap me on the shoulder to get my attn!!

That suggests you are doing something wrong.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Don't let these fools deter you. Tell them to *** off, or give them the finger. Don't talk to them at all. Soon they will get the message to leave you alone. Or just stay in your zone and ignore them. If someone taps you on the shoulder, shrug it off and give them a glare. If you think you are actually using poor form...ask a trainer to evaluate, not some random jock.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy come stand next to me at the urinal and, as he was doing his business, started trying to chat me up (and not just "hey what's up" but like "HEY MAN!! HOW ARE YOU DOING!! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!) .....I tried to ignore him but finally had to say I want to pee in silence, after which he went on and on about how weird a guy I am. Frankly, maybe I'm wrong (too put in context for women...I think most men are not too chatty in the bathroom, particularly w/ strangers, for the most part), but I'm taking a leak at the gym mid-way through my workout...I've got my business in my hands, and just don't want some random dude chatting me up during this from less than 12 inches to my left. I tried to sort of even apologize at the sink after (not sure why I bothered, I guess I'm an emo-twerp too sensitive to people's feelings) and then he was all loud and like "no, sorry, I like silence while I'm washing my hands...what a weird guy you are".....etc...etc.....

at that point I just left, although I wish I had told him "hey, I'll be taking a dump later in case you want to have a conversation then". ;)

sorry if I've offended anyone w/ this slightly racy matter!!

bottom line - there's a lot of odd people out there. just do your thing.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Then you are obviously doing something wrong if they feel the need to get your attention.

Or you just want to "complain" about being hit on at the gym.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My personal nature would be listening and learn and probably thank someone who made an effort to help me.

But if I’m not in the mood for chit chat I wear my headphones, seem to work every time.
  • 3liza
    Options

The average person can read the physical cues that you don't want to be bothered, which means if they're still bothering you, it's because you're doing something wrong.

Just because you lost weight doesn't mean you know everything.
    I suppose the guys going there aren't as average... the thing is that once they get my attn they completely change subjets from exercise to are you married?.....WTF!!!! ..........................
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    headphones, ignore, solved.

Totally agree.
  • brittknight828
    Options
    headphones, ignore, solved.

Yes! And if someone still tries to talk to you, whatever you do, don't pull them out. Or pretend you don't understand English. That could be fun.

I would find it annoying if someone tried correcting me at the gym too. If I'm not sure how to do an exercise, I usually ask a trainer or I use the trusty internet to find out. Maybe you could do this just to make sure you're doing the exercise right, and those pesky know-it-alls will leave you alone. :)
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I suppose the guys going there aren't as average... the thing is that once they get my attn they completely change subjets from exercise to are you married?.....WTF!!!! ..........................

wow - I wish random women would hit on me at the gym and ask if I'm married....I suppose that will only happen in the bizzaro world though....where my evil doppelganger has a goatee and all the ladies love him....
  • headphones, ignore, solved.
    LOVE THIS ONE!!!!! This works real well on my long walks!! I will never leave home with out them!!! LOL