SO TIRED OF NOSEY PPL AT THE GYM!!!

Options

Replies

• WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Look pissed off and fart a lot, works for me every single day

:laugh: :laugh: You can fart on command! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would likely just attract my husband.

I eat a lot of fiber, protein and chili, so it comes with the territory
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    so annoying! something similar just happened to me last night at my gym. I was riding the bike and a girl sat down next to me and would not-so-secretively snag a peek at how many calories I had burned. Then, when I would speed up, she would too so that I wasn't going faster than her. Coincidence, maybe... either way, I found it distracting.

You were racing! Did you win?
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    It sounds like they are trying to be helpful. If you are doing some exercises with incorrect form, you could hurt yourself.

No, it's not that, they just want me to do what they do. I know I have the right form because I had a personal trainer for a while and did my homework on that since I have back and knee problems since b4.

Ya... you have two problems.
    1. you are there to workout these guys are there to workout AND meet women
    2. these are guy types that think their method of doing things is the only way to do things.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    so annoying! something similar just happened to me last night at my gym. I was riding the bike and a girl sat down next to me and would not-so-secretively snag a peek at how many calories I had burned. Then, when I would speed up, she would too so that I wasn't going faster than her. Coincidence, maybe... either way, I found it distracting.

Two women did the same to me on the exercise bike. Then I heard them chatting about how disgusting it was I was sweating so hard as I had only been on it fo 10 minutes...

They weren't in the 50mins before that when I completed a 5k run and 3k row, the 10k bike ride was my cool down :laugh: :laugh:

As long as you clean up after yourself, I see no problem with sweating at the gym. That' s kind of the point!
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sounds like a different problem than what I was thinking it was :wink:
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    32777_PPS.jpg

LMAO :laugh:
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options

You were racing! Did you win?

Haha! Bet she wouldda stopped looking (or moved completely) if you looked her straight in the eye and said "race ya?".

Too funny... Will remember that for the future.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Cold stare. "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind." Gesture towards what you are planning on doing next.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.

or maybe she is addressing a real issue that discourages women from attending the gym or moving out of their comfort zone from the treadmil to the weights section with "the boys"

or maybe she's doing it wrong and will end up hurting herself.

a few months back a new girl showed up at my gym. she was hot. she was doing squats. or good mornings. or reverse cleans. what i'm saying is, she was in the squat rack and i think she was trying to do squats, but her form was terrible and she was seriously going to hurt herself. i'm sure when she saw me watching what she was doing she thought i was creeping her, when what i was really doing was bracing to run over there and snatch the weight off her when she collapsed.

here's the part i'm ashamed of. if it was a dude, or a 55 year old lady, i would have come up to him after the first set, asked what exercise they were attempting, told them about proper form, showed them a few reps as the weight was so light it wouldn't bother my workout, and then spotted them on a set while watching their form. This isn't something I would do every time, but when the form was THAT BAD, i feel guilty not saying anything. it was like watching someone else's kid run across a busy street unsupervised.

But since she was young and hot, I didn't say a word, because I just imagined her coming on to MFP after leaving the gym and writing a post like the OP, or a comment like yours.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    just quit going.

^^ that

Workout at home. I quit the gym 5 years ago. Never looked back.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't let anyone, no matter how annoying or irritating, deter me from doing what's best for myself. If I need my workout and I'm paying to belong to the gym, I'm going. I'd rather politely tell someone everyday 'thanks but I'm doing ok' than feel like I can't go to my gym. Don't let the nosey people stop you from taking care of yourself.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I could care less if someone is giving a damn speech on a microphone in the gym. I'm there for me and only me, and that's all I pay attention to. They made Ipods and earbuds for a reason! :smile:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I work out at a boxing club.

anybody tries to talk to me, I punch them in the stomach.

works well... you should try it.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    At my gym people only talk to the really hot girls so congratulations.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your workouts are so effective they are looking for a reason to talk to you. Translation: They may be hitting on you.
  • Naomi0222
    Options
    Just politely refuse, since thy were trying to help, then continue with your day. I've had that before, and just accepted the change since they were trying to help. It's nice to know that there are people who are genuinely cornered that you are do the correct form.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Me thinks someone wanted to brag about how often she gets hit on at the gym without bragging about how often she gets hit on at the gym. Well played.

or maybe she is addressing a real issue that discourages women from attending the gym or moving out of their comfort zone from the treadmil to the weights section with "the boys"
    have to agree with this, go over to the weights and if your on your own you defo get looked at.We just started back a few weeks ago and the trainer took us round the full gym and downstairs where the meatheads are, omg run quick run, aliens have come to look. Not good ! no way am i ever going in there again/
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just point to the headphones and say, "WHAT? I CAN"T HEAR YOU OVER THESE HEADPHONES THAT I AM WEARING BECUASE I DON"T WANT TO BE BOTHERED."
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of people speaking to me in public. I have a problem. Maybe you are the same. Maybe you're doing what MoreBean13 likes to call the "humblebrag". I don't know...

Having said this, maybe you should think about listening. If they are all telling you the same thing, then I agree with DavPul, you should at least give it a try. If the person then turns the conversation to something inappropriate, tell him you're not interested in that, and move away from him.

Or maybe they are just hitting on you. Really, only you are in a position to know. If so, that's annoying, but easy enough to deter. It's actually kind of nice that people would put themselves out there, if they really think you're going to hurt yourself.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hmmm fishy. Fish fish fishy.