HUGE NSV!!! I am awesome

Options
cwolfman13
cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
So I got into this whole thing because of some health concerns and really bad blood work back in October...losing weight and looking better and feeling better is awesome...but my real goals are my health.

So I returned to the doctor yesterday to go over my first round of blood work since October 15. I'll preface this by saying, I was not optimistic in the least. I've actually been feeling kind of down lately...despite all of my efforts, my hypertension has not improved in the least and the doc put me on a beta blocker in addition to my other BP meds a couple of weeks ago. To boot, I've been in somewhat of a plateau on the scale the last couple of weeks. Well, here's how it turned out:

Cholesterol Serum - Oct 15: (240)....Feb 14: (211)...still high but much improved

Triglycerides - Oct 15: (463)...Feb 14: (135)...Holy Smokes!....and I'm below the requisite 150

HDL - Oct 15: (30)...Feb 14: (43)...Movin' on up

LDL - Oct 15: ( ????)...Feb 14: ( 141)... immeasurably due to triglycerides...now high, but falling.

Anyway...I am pumped. In celebration of my much improved blood work, I treated myself to some squats, bench, and deadlifts. Next round will be in 6 months or so...what a difference 4 months makes. Thanks MFP and thanks 40/30/30.

Hell to the yeah!!!

Replies

• cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is a very amazing NSV!! Especially the enormous drop in the TGs -- good work!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing and a good reminder for the rest of us too that it really isn't about being skinny (although that might be a nice bonus!) but it is about being healthy! Great job!
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good to see that cholesterol dropping! My dad (55yrs old, healthy weight, strong/active) just had quadruple bypass surgery last week so I'm scheduling an appointment to get my blood checked too. High cholesterol runs genetically in our family, and I'd like to start tracking it now. Great to see that diet and exercise can make changes!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That's the best kind of NSV for me.

I'm off my BP meds for the first time in years, so I know how you feel. Congratulations!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I'm still pretty giddy about all of this. I wanna have a party or something.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    That's great~! Congratulations on the improved health.
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    AWESOME!! Good for you...ALWAS GREAT to see much improved blood work!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! HUGE INDEED!!! :D
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    These are the NSV I really like to see :)

Good job!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    That's fabulous news and the best reason for losing weight and exercising!!! Congratulations and may you have many more years ahead of you!!
    :drinker:
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful and a great example of why we should all take care of ourselves! Sometimes it isn't about looking good, but being healthy! keep up the great work.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A super congratulations to you and your health achievements! You must feel amazing, inside and out :)

I also thoroughly enjoy the title of this post, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I had something similar happen with my bloodwork. It's an awesome feeling knowing our insides are changing, too. :drinker:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    So I got into this whole thing because of some health concerns and really bad blood work back in October...losing weight and looking better and feeling better is awesome...but my real goals are my health.

So I returned to the doctor yesterday to go over my first round of blood work since October 15. I'll preface this by saying, I was not optimistic in the least. I've actually been feeling kind of down lately...despite all of my efforts, my hypertension has not improved in the least and the doc put me on a beta blocker in addition to my other BP meds a couple of weeks ago. To boot, I've been in somewhat of a plateau on the scale the last couple of weeks. Well, here's how it turned out:

Cholesterol Serum - Oct 15: (240)....Feb 14: (211)...still high but much improved

Triglycerides - Oct 15: (463)...Feb 14: (135)...Holy Smokes!....and I'm below the requisite 150

LDL - Oct 15: ( ????)...Feb 14: ( 141)... immeasurably due to triglycerides...now high, but falling.

Anyway...I am pumped. In celebration of my much improved blood work, I treated myself to some squats, bench, and deadlifts. Next round will be in 6 months or so...what a difference 4 months makes. Thanks MFP and thanks 40/30/30.

Hell to the yeah!!!

LOVE THIS!!! All the people that seem so concerned with the numbers on the scale should read this. There are way more important numbers which can represent how healthy you are than just numbers on a scale!

I was at the doctors too (just a month ago). BP was 150 / 110. In just a few short weeks of changing diet and exercise, I now have it down to 128 / 80. Its amazing what the human body will do when you treat it right. The healthcare industry seems so hell bent on immediately prescribing meds and surgery when I feel that many of us just need a lifestyle change!

GREAT JOB! I wish you more success on your future tests!!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

You reduced your total cholesterol by almost 30 points in less then 6 months, as well as increased your HDL by 13 points

Thats effing phenomenal - I hope your doctor was ecstatic and commended you properly, thats hard work paying off right there and very very few patients actually follow through
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I'm still pretty giddy about all of this. I wanna have a party or something.

This is for you ... CONGRATS!

party_animals_e0.gif
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV!! :smile:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!!
  • TetesLorraine
    TetesLorraine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    NICE! Congrats! Love that you are celebrating with a workout!! :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Good going.

And I absolutely LOVE your reward to yourself. That's how it's done.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Well done on the hard work, and glad it is paying off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!